Chick-fil-A Reviews

Updated October 30, 2014
3.9

Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy
Dan T. Cathy

Pros
  • They train you to be friendly due to the outstanding customer service training (in 68 reviews)

• Great work environment (if you like kids) and learning great customer service (in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • As with most fast food restaurants, the pay is close to minimum wage (in 31 reviews)

• Not much room for advancement besides owning a store or becoming a corporate big wig (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Job!... for high-school students.

Current Employee - Team Leader in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Waco, TX

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a decent JOB. I started off making eight dollars per hour versus minimum wage (with prior service experience.)

Cons

As is the problem with any fast food job being a "grunt". Chick-fil-A also has blatantly racist (Blacks & Latin people are usually put in kitchen positions while Caucasian are usually upfront serving guests.) and sexist (They only like females to take orders, wear jewelry) undertones to the company which is hard to ignore if you are a person of ethnic descent or a male. Also, the amount of Christian influence in this company is stifling. They make you feel weird for being any other religion than Christian, but that's not something they like to talk about. Overall an uncomfortable work environment. Also, there is little to no room for growth in this company besides your "run-of-the-mill" six month raise.

Stop forcing your religious values and beliefs on every employee. Even suggesting that Christianity is the "best" religion, could make some employees uncomfortable.

Best of the worst

Current Employee - Cashier in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time (more than an year)

Pros

always friendly co workers, and mostly friendly customers. Management and coworkers alike care about your success and want to see you climb through the ranks. Managers always work to cooperate on scheduling. Fast food always sucks but if you have to work in the fast food service chick fil a is the best place to do it.

Cons

always busy, can demand a lot out of employees such as having to close one night and open the next morning

Overall good experience

Current Employee - Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working at Chick-fil-A you have the opportunity to learn a lot about customer service. It is also a very flexible job. You get to meet and work with some great people. Great job for college and highschool kids.

Cons

All Chick-fil-A's are individually owned and operated. As a result, pay is low and benefits are non-existent. You also stand all day so your body wears down if you do this full time. Not a great job for people with a family.

Take care of your people if you want to keep them.

Promising but ultimately dissappointing

I have been working at Chick-fil-A

Pros

Great hours
    Sundays off days
    Raises every three months
    Discounted food ( not free instead it's a folder of items you can order only once for your career)

Cons

After three months or so you will be replaced

I have been working at chick fil a for 5 months. I have working myself hard everyday exhausted when I come home from work. My boss asked me to work 15 hour shifts frequently. I was told I was going to get a promotion never received the promotion and they found somebody else to replace me.
     This is a great place to work but only as a second job for two months maximum after that it's time to find a new job. They will either replace you or promote you and replace you anyway.

Don't think your working for a yearly career the raise after three months is a not a raise it's how long you have until it's time to leave.

Great Company

Current Employee - Cashier At Chick-fil-a in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier At Chick-fil-a in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Great management
    You feel valued as a employee

Cons

Way too strict with some things
    Raises are next to none
    Not many benefits

This company has one of the best customer service models.

I have been working at Chick-fil-A

Pros

You definitely will learn many marketing assests. Friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Management has poor communication and organization st times.

Use every tool of communication to avoid any unexpected issues.

chick-fil-a good for first job

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (more than an year)

Pros

free meals! and good people.

Cons

grease traps! and grossness.

n/a

Great entry to workforce.

I have been working at Chick-fil-A

Pros

Great way to begin in the workforce, has excellent opportunities to move up in the company.

Cons

While a great company, its still fast food.

My Pleasure...

Former Employee - Kitchen Team Member in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Kitchen Team Member in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Was treated mostly with respect, pays better than most fast food places, didn't feel terrible about the quality of food served to customers.

Cons

The facade you have to put on, the weird religious atmosphere, "My pleasure."

Play to people's strengths, let things be sometimes instead of just finding something for employees to do, it's okay to chat for a couple of minutes if it's truly slow.

Second Mile Service

Former Employee - Team Member in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Athens, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at Chickfila helped me grow as a person and employee. I learned that their promotion of "second mile service" really keeps customers happy and creates a welcoming atmosphere that has lifelong customers. This was the second job I've had and I loved every minute of it. My managers were always positive, welcoming, willing to help with anything, flexible and caring.Other team members became my friends and were always helpful. At chickfila, everyone is part of a team and working doesn't feel like work. I still go back to my Chickfila and love seeing the managers who still care for me and are happy to be working for such a great establishment.

Cons

It can get very crowded, and the pay isn't amazing because it is an entry level job. Other than that there is nothing I could say that was a downside to working here.