Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy

Dan T. Cathy

Pros
  • Free food , good hours closed on sundays, great pay, People are very friendly(in 28 reviews)

• Great work environment (if you like kids) and learning great customer service(in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • Too stressful for the minimum wage pay(in 30 reviews)

• Management never talked to regular team members about what was going on with the restaurant(in 18 reviews)

The company is friendly, but occasionally they disregard employees.

Team Member (Current Employee) Stafford, VA

ProsBreaks are with free food (a meal of your choice). Free drinks. Semi-regular raises. Hours that you may work are VERY flexible. The Company truly cares about customers. This business also has scholarships available to employees.

ConsDifficult customers. Long days and sometimes irregular hours. Standing and walking all day. It gets very hot whether you're in the kitchen or working with the customers. Fast paced environment.

Overall great experience. 2 Year employee.

Cashier At Chick-fil-a (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsVery flexible with scheduling, great to meet new people, decent pay for young kids. Free food.

ConsGoing above and beyond to extremely rude guests, not sustainable pay for adults unless management position.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up on the religious beliefs, and management. We are not getting paid that much for all that.

Year and a half as an employee.

Team Member (Current Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC

ProsThe hours during the summer are awesome. Our management team and operator are great. Its a good company for progressing and "moving up" if you show solid qualities and ability in the store. The more well rounded you are the more opportunities arise.

ConsThe new face to face system should be considered slave labor, and people on the face to face team should have either a wage boost or some type of compensation financially for the misery they are put through (especially in blazing hot summer days in the southeast)

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Raises you into the job market!

Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsIf you are looking for a first job (like I was at the time), this is a great place to start! They will train you to be professional and responsible in the work place, to really treat customers with respect and actually serve them!

ConsThere aren't raises as far as I know. Schedules longer than ten hours don't get nearly enough break time, so people go hungry.

The owner became too greedy.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay for only managers. Free chicken, need I say any more? Great customers and great people to work with.

ConsThe owners became super greedy. Only one week of vacation after six years. Had to work every Friday and Saturday, closing most of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more compassion on your employees.

Great organization and great local store in specific. Incredible work experience

Team Member (Former Employee) Athens, GA

ProsExtremely flexible hours, generous pay, incredible culture, The managers go above and beyond to invest in their employees and the operator cares about the well-being of all employees. High energy and high expectation environment with regular encouragement and performance based raises

Consdifficult path to promotion and pay not sustainable for most families unless in operator/ owner position

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing a great job of hiring for a great culture and making a consistent investment!

Not bad, not the best.

Dining Room Host Leas (Former Employee) Bellevue, NE

ProsCoworkers are nice for the most part, the food is good, customers are usually nice, good reputation in the fast food industry

ConsThere still is grease in the air and it makes a film on your skin, management is not on the same page,

Advice to Senior ManagementIf an employee feels uncomfortable having their last name on their name tag (ie. random customers add him/her on social media) let him/her only use the first name.

Hard and Stressful Work for Comparatively Low Pay

Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsThe staff are all very kind and considerate, both toward the customers and the other employees. In my time working here I've actually made a few lasting relationships. They make every day a worthwhile experience, even when there's a line out the door for a solid 4 hours. For the usual crowd during my shift they are all like a family, and actually hang out outside of work.

ConsThe amount of work that is expected for the pay that we receive. Personally, I know that I'm making more than nearly any other team member, and more than most team leaders, but that doesn't mean much. One person's order still costs more than how much I'm making an hour. Also, the way that all the managers and team leaders watch the team members for any faults and flaws in how they do their jobs. I even overheard two managers complaining about a team member for being "too sure of himself." I've happened to know that person for the past 12 years, and I know that it isn't true. Lastly, basing an employee's work ethic off of a stranger's review isn't fair.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up on the constant watching of team members. I'm sure the desired goal wasn't to recreate a Big Brother environment, but that's what has been established. The owner of my restraint has been known to monitor the security cameras for entire nights to watch how team members behave and act.

Great place to work

ProsThe team is supportive and looks for movement

ConsI don't have any cons to list

Caring, Forgiving, Fun

Team Leader (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe manager worked with you and your schedule if you needed flexibility.

ConsReligious affiliated. Closed on Sunday

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it friendly and non religious.

Worked for Chick-fil-A? Contribute to the Community!