Chick-fil-A

Updated November 26, 2014
3.8

Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy
Dan T. Cathy

Pros
  • They train you to be friendly due to the outstanding customer service training (in 69 reviews)

• Great work environment (if you like kids) and learning great customer service (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • As with most fast food restaurants, the pay is close to minimum wage (in 32 reviews)

• Every location is owned independently which leaves little room for advancement (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Team member

Current Employee - Team Member in Harvey, LA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Harvey, LA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time (more than an year)

Pros

they worked with your school schedule

Cons

The pay is horrible, the only way to get get a promotion is to get thrown with a lot more responsibilities and its not worth it. The management tries to brainwash you by saying you to be a leader and take more responsibilities. In the end they are just trying to take away their responsibilities and throw them on you

Treat your employers better and dont think of us as stupid.

I have been working at Chick-fil-A

Pros

Free food under $6! Literally, that's it! No more pros! Clean bathrooms I guess!

Cons

Everything besides the 6 dollars! I worked at the Chicago location on State and Lake for like a month. Management and Team leaders were all catty, petty, and sneaky! Had a problem with hair! I'm African American so it was like a thing for black girls that didn't wear weave! Even for the Caucasian or Hispanic, they were mean to them too! Would talk about the employees! Wrote up for stupid things. The owner was very nice, but at the end of the day, it was his establishment so he knew of a lot of issue there just never said anything. So, in my eyes, he is a snake too! I wouldn't recommend my dog to work there! One of my Caucasian friends worked at a location in the suburbs and they treated her horrible as well!

Don't give shift leaders power as if they were managers! And don't get people to do your dirty work!

Always very busy often without a break.

I have been working at Chick-fil-A

Pros

Learn a lot of new skills.

Cons

Your on your feet the whole day.

Horrible horrible place to work if in management

Current Employee - Assistant Kitchen Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Kitchen Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very easy job. Great if you are a high school student just looking to make a few bucks.

Cons

Management is horrible. Lack of discipline. Give no responsibilities to managers. Very immature place to work

A whole lot of work for very little pay

Former Employee - Cashier At Chick-fil-a
    Former Employee - Cashier At Chick-fil-a

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Plenty of hours, never run out of work. They are the best company to work for if you need a flexible schedule, they will work with you and give you all the vacation that you need.

Cons

Pay was very low, $300 for around 80 hours of work. You also don't have just one job, you do every job in the store. If you are a cashier, you also work the dining room, the fryers, you bread the chicken, you do fries, nuggets, everything. Also you work really late, sometimes until 1 in the morning closing. It takes forever. They also play favorites, and I found It to be very drama filled. Also they break labor laws everyday, we had 14 year olds having to stick their hands in the fryers.

Stop playing favorites, stop sitting in the office doing nothing.

Decent place to work.

Former Employee - Counter
    Former Employee - Counter

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work there for a full two years.
    -Free food on breaks.
    -You'll move up fast if you're willing to work long hours (not having school or other job to get in the way)
    -Better quality all the way around of the fast food chains. Stores were always kept in great shape, corporate kept track of all the stores.
    -Shift requests were usually granted.
    -Interesting regular customers. Meet the most kindest old man ever who was almost a daily.
    -Actively participates in the community.
    -Always have Sunday off.

Cons

-I always dreaded the summer months, allot of high schoolers would get hired and often brought their drama to the workplace: constantly late, begged to leave early, got an attitude for doing tasks that they felt was below their ego.
    -As with any small to medium sized place of work, manager can make or break your experience. I had 2 in my time and both were good, only qualm was that one seemed to hire his church friends-often times housewives trying to re-enter the workforce (once the kids have moved on) and thinks they are ahead of everyone,
    -Footbal season was annoying (the college town I'm in) several times got very rushed 30 min before closing.
    -Favoritism reared its ugly head once in a while (mostly with the first manager) in promoting to shift supervisor over things like "shows great leadership," this would happen over someone who was there a few months ahead of the promoted. A few people left due to not feeling appreciated in promotion/raise wise.

Easy monotonous work

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Same thing everyday. company values are high, promotes within very frequently, fast paced and easy to learn.

Cons

Pay is typical for restaurant jobs. the pace is too high for a lot of people and it drags down the whole staff. Privately owned stores so there's more room for error among the team

Carry the same attitude that you expect from your employees. learn to earn respect rather than demand it.

Team Member Review

Former Employee - Team Member in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Scheduling flexibility and solid customer service experience make for work at Chick-fil-A which may be more worthwhile than your run of the mill fast food restaurant.

Cons

All the typical difficulties to be expected in a fast food and customer service industry are to be expected; however, management was usually on point.

None

Good company!

Former Employee - Dining Attendant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Dining Attendant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get Free food on breaks! You have nice people to work with. You get paid really well. You start at minimum wage but after a while you have the chance to get a raise.

Cons

There is alot of rules. They're on you about everything. You have to wear a uniform. Your uniform has to look perfect for work.

Great Ideals, don't see it in the day to day operation

Current Employee - General Manager in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - General Manager in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great chicken sandwich and always had Sunday's off (unless you need to do an inventory)

Cons

All there is to eat is chicken
    Rest of the menu is average quality