Chick-fil-A Reviews

Updated October 19, 2014
3.9

Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy
Dan T. Cathy

Pros
  • They train you to be friendly due to the outstanding customer service training (in 65 reviews)

• Great work environment (if you like kids) and learning great customer service (in 62 reviews)

Cons
  • As with most fast food restaurants, the pay is close to minimum wage (in 31 reviews)

• Not much room for advancement besides owning a store or becoming a corporate big wig (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Starter Company

Current Employee - Director of Operations
    Current Employee - Director of Operations

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great first job, teaches young people good values and customer service. The people who are employed are generally nice and fun to be around. As a manager/director it is easy to gain the respect of your employees and really influence them for the better

Cons

Pay, if your store owner is not actively involved in the store it can be hard to attain promotion outside of sucking up. Customers, as in most every business, can cause stress.

Check on your store owners a bit more frequently, they are able to show up at the store 1-2 times a week for work and hardly impact the store. This makes the owner lose the respect of every employee and manager

Of all the jobs I have worked, Chock-fil-A has been the best.

Current Employee - Team Leader in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with
    Great customer service
    Flexible schedules
    Great Environment

Cons

Always keeping that the customer is right

Care for your employees first and they will take better care of your guests.

Great first job experience!

Former Employee - Cashier At Chick-fil-a
    Former Employee - Cashier At Chick-fil-a

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great hours, Great atmosphere, growth opportunity, Its just a great overall company to work for.

Cons

not any I can think of besides dealing with rude costumers. But you are going to get that anywhere honestly. Chick-Fil-a probably even less so.

Great place to learn

I worked at Chick-fil-A

Pros

Great place to learn and grow.

Cons

My store was really busy.

Although difficult to implement, offering a clear path to corporate careers for loyal employees would go a long way with everyone.

Good Place for College/Highschool student

Current Employee - Front of House in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Front of House in Austin, TX

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It taught me a lot about multitasking and how to handle stressful environments. It's easy to forget that its much more than just serving food, it teaches you how to adapt to situations and respond well to stress.

Cons

Sometimes managers would take other employees for granted

Since the chick-fil-a is relatively new, there is a lot of room for improvement. Such as being realistic of just how much work a single person can perform. There is also an emphasis and being clean, fast, and accurate which can get rather difficult during rushes. Be more understanding that sometimes fast and accurate might not always allow someone to have a clean workspace.

I learned invaluable customer service skills, met excellent and exemplary management, and worked hard.

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great customer service training that will stick with you for life, supportive team, kindness everywhere. I was encouraged to work hard and rewarded in small ways every time my performance was good. You are rewarded for hard work.

Cons

There was some room for advancement in my position but I felt college was more important so I was not able to become manager. The wage is pretty low starting out but improves mildly with hard work.

Keep up the good work! Perhaps higher compensation for the excellent counter staff would maintain the positive attitude and mitigate turnover rates.

Great Place to work!

Former Employee - Team Member in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Columbus, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent customer service training. Flexible hours. Encourage growth.

Cons

Hours where not consistent enough once I got out of high school

manager

I have been working at Chick-fil-A

Pros

everyone is like a big family

Cons

Its customer service and you have to make everyone happy

Chick-fiil-A was a very positive and uplifting place to work. The management is very professional and great to work for.

Former Employee - Team Member in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Team Member in Wichita, KS

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Leadership is amazing, the management takes interest in employees and always takes time to encourage and uplift. Employees seem to have no problem working together and I credit that to the style of leadership that promotes team work and working for the greater good of the company. Overall work ethics are good and the company attracts guests that keep coming back which is good for a fast food service. Customer Service here is above and beyond expectations, and team members are rewarded for good work with different treats and gifts.

Cons

Sometimes it gets so busy it may feel your head will burst, but the management team is always ready to step in where needed to give the team relief.

Keep it up!

I have learned life-changing values of hard work and customer service with great people leading me through it.

Current Employee - Team Leader in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Austin, TX

I have been working at Chick-fil-A full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food on breaks, great bosses, they have been great about scheduling me when I want, great values and excellent standards for customer service. I've learned things here because of their hard working philosophies that I will retain throughout my career anywhere.

Cons

Long hours...difficult customers at times, on your feet all day, high-stress environment if you let it overtake you

Operators, get to know your most entry-level employees. They will appreciate your leadership over them and will give more of an effort in your store.