Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Chick-fil-A CEO Dan T. Cathy

Dan T. Cathy

Pros
  • Free food , good hours closed on sundays, great pay, People are very friendly (in 28 reviews)

• Great work environment (if you like kids) and learning great customer service (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • Too stressful for the minimum wage pay (in 30 reviews)

• Management never talked to regular team members about what was going on with the restaurant (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

my happy place

Team Member (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsI always feel appreciated by the owner/ operator and the cfa company.. my hopes are to become a shift manager and all of the managers have been more than helpful in helping me to attain the goaI have set for myself.

ConsI stay there aren't many downsides. Its the way the company makes you feel about climbing to the top is just so encouraging.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep on doing what you do and thank you for all that you do and I'm very proud to work for chick fil a

Working at Chick Fil A

Crew Member (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsPay of course, lots communication and food
    75% discount on Chick Fil A's food

ConsNot that much at all

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some good personality

Server

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rome, GA

ProsFamily atmosphere. Management is willing to work with you even when you are not performing at top standards. It was also a very fun work environment; never a dull moment.

ConsSome people may be put off by the conservative christian culture; but they are not pushy

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chick-fil-A is a great place to develop leadership ability.

Shift Manager (Former Employee) Lawrenceville, GA

ProsDecently competitive pay at all levels. Customer satisfaction is #1. Real leadership training and encouragement. Rewards good performance, hard work, and loyalty.

ConsIt is a fast food restaurant chain, despite all of the things that make it great. Also, sometimes the employees are given too much slack, like the customers. When your goal is perfect customer service, the employees ought to be at least 95% on board!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the focus on satisfying every customer! It's what makes Chick-fil-A unique. However, don't annoy them with too much fawning. Umbrellas for the rain: when appropriate. Umbrellas for the sun: don't try it.

Well Run Company

Marketing Director (Current Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsGood working environment, good training, strong vision and values.

ConsIt is difficult to make a career with the company unless you are an operator. Modest pay and benefits

Chick Fil A

Team Leader (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsSunday off, make people smile, meet great co workers.

ConsLot's of work, not much pay. The comments by Dan Cathy put LGBT employees and their families in awkward spots with customers and coworkers.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow people to make more through tips or monthly/yearly raises. We all work hard and try to deliver great service, would be a great way to motivate team members and leaders.

Stingy pay

Team Captain (Former Employee) Apex, NC

ProsFriendly managers, nice coworkers for the most part

ConsOverworked, underpaid, and too many people willing to put up with it

It's a good start.

Team Leader (Current Employee) Daphne, AL

ProsCompany has a good reputation for customer service, offers a one time $1,000 scholarship, coworkers are usually good folks, one of the best companies in its industry

Consit's still just a fast food place, can get extremely chaotic when busy, hard time negotiating for a raise, store owner was distant, managers frequently squabbled amongst themselves, training program was non existant

Advice to Senior Managementimplement a clearly defined training policy

Serving people in every way to better grow the business and make a customers day just a little bit better then it was.

General Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsComplete flexibility with scheduling. Above average pay. Customers generally like coming into see you. A lot of regular customers you get know and become involved with. Being apart of grand openings are great experiences and really easy to get involved with.

ConsNot much room for advancement besides owning a store or becoming a corporate big wig. Hard dealing with customers who abuse the fact they know its Chick-fil-A and we always want to make the customer happy and have a great experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with a path or plan someone can follow to move up in the company.

I liked it a lot

Team Member (Current Employee) Grand Prairie, TX

ProsFree Break Food, everybodies really nice to each other, treats everybody like a family, they are very flexible with hours and getting time off.

ConsSometimes not enough hours which can be annoying because you would like to make money, your chances of getting a raise might be ehhh but you'll get over it. Sometimes crazy customers that might try to accuse you of something you did do but that's everywhere. Oh and because its chick fil a, there's that tendencies to get stuck ups.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!

Worked for Chick-fil-A? Contribute to the Community!