Chico's FAS Reviews in Fort Myers, FL

Updated August 28, 2014

2.8

Chico's FAS President, CEO, and Director David F. Dyer
David F. Dyer

Pros
  • Discount on clothing; quality of clothing; working with nice ladies (in 12 reviews)

• Growth opportunities if you work hard and have sincerely great customer service (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no concept of work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Chico's upper management needs to learn to treat their employees with respect (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

60 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Let me put it this way, in my 14 months at Chico's FAS my team of 11 went down to 6 because everyone jumped ship.

Former Employee - Sourcing  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Sourcing in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The campus is beautiful with a gym and multiple cafes and Fort Myers seems like a nice place to live if you're laidback. The pay was competitive and the benefits comparable.

Cons

There were tons of structural changes and very little information flow from top to bottom -- thus causing a ton of confusion, frustration and bitterness towards upper level team members. There was a lack of onboarding for new employees and extreme issues with IT.

I suggest a complete change in thinking direction from the design perspective as well as from an HR perspective. There is so much tension and caddy drama between and inside the individual teams.

diversity is a joke

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time for more than a year

Pros

nicely maintained premises and a great gym with inhouse clinic free for employees

Cons

everything else. Sixteen people were selected from various backgrounds for various roles as part of the EMT program. The schedule was simple. Understand what the company does, how does it do it, whats our role and how well can we contribute moving forward. As part of this we had a quality management session. It was going to be a senior quality manager who would take our session. He was a well traveled and learned man working for SOMA. His basic job was to inspect the quality of the finished product before it hits the stores. He started the session and looked like a jovial but stern man with principles. As the session went on, he started to describe one particular product that became a failure. there was nothing wrong with the garment. but the dying on the garments was not uniform . He started to explain this to us. It was done in India and was a handicraft work. Meaning the dying process was done by humans and not machines. While explaining this, he also talked about India in general . And on one such statement he told how he was greeted in India by holding their palms together and bend down in respect. He never understood what it meant and was mocking the culture and did a sarcastic dance for Namaste. I played along and laughed. But was also sending an email to the HR describing his attitude towards a foreign culture and it was not appropriate. He was then called into the HR room and later asked my forgiveness. Its not me who has to forgive. Its the basic etiquette with he lacked being at such high position. This was truly a display of discrimination against culture and would imply religion.

revamp your freaking policies.

Opportunities, if you make them happen

Current Employee - Planning Director  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Planning Director in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Plenty of opportunity if you step up and make yourself known. Depending on area and management team, you can drive your business without too much interference and micromanagement.

Cons

Tend to hold on to people that aren't a good fit instead of admitting the bad decision to hire them. Senior management is not always visible and seems standoff-ish. Compensation favors new talent instead of loyalty. Huge focus on employees with children; special benefits and increased flexibility in scheduling.

Be seen by employees; sitting in a walled off area is off putting. Review benefits and policies for more equity, not everyone has a child.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not such an Amazing Place to Work

Current Employee - Designer  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Designer in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting product to work on, especially with the higher price points.
    Casual Dress Code.
    Great set of values, however, not always exercised consistently.

Cons

Poor Management, quite a few have only been at Chicos, so there isn't much interest in other insights/perspectives.
    Petty nitpicking on details that don't matter to the customer.
    Horrible work/life balance.
    No empowerment of Design Teams
    Little to No Personal Development.

Empower your Creative teams fully, though the rewards aren't measurable, it will pay for itself tenfold, but that means letting go of the stronghold that keeps what could truly be an amazing company to a second rate employer.
    Live by the values set forth by the company.
    Trust, trust, trust!

Get in and get out

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time

Pros

Amenities on campus is all I can say.......on site gym, health clinic, several cafes, child care center.

Cons

This company is good for getting experience in the CORPORATE world and learning how to navigate the maze of dealing with the political absurdity which abounds throughout most departments. This is why I say, get in, learn as much as you can about the business and about dealing with "yesing" the "higher ups" and then move on to greener pastures where upper management will actually appreciate all of the hard work and time you put in to your career. Don't try to get promoted into upper management - 75% will be brought in from outside the company. There will be a couple "token" upper management promotions to prove they are "A GREAT PLACE TO WORK". (wink, wink) Three times a survey was given to us for this GPTW (Great Place to Work) status and each time the results were shared with us and each dept was asked what they could do to improve the results......upper execs in several areas would rather stick their head in the sand and not hear what is really going on in the lower ranks because THEY REFUSE TO ASK. Sad but true.

Anyone at SVP level and higher should take the time to speak with each person on their team and really LISTEN to what the concerns are in their department. Your workers bees need to know you actually do care about them and not just listening to all of the BS that your VPs / Directors are telling you (which is what you want to hear). Only when you do this will you get to the root of why the results of the GPTW survey results are what they are in certain departments.

Avoid the place so you don't get trapped in South Florida!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Chico's FAS as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Campus amenities and not much else.

Cons

HR is a disaster and full of whiny snobs that are out of touch with recruiting talent.
    If you are a contractor, keep your head down and mouth shut. All they want are "yes men" and people to tell them they are doing a good job.
    IT is improving, but many are laying low for fear of losing their job if they don't "drink the kool-aide".

HR need to be revamped and you need to foster a culture of communication and cooperation rather than survival and "pats on the back".
    You can talk all you want about being a great place to work, but the fact is that everyone is afraid to say anything for fear of their jobs.
    The whole work/life balance thing is fine, but it really only extends down to the manager level.
    Time for the executives to wake up and see for themselves what is really happening in the business...that is assuming they actually care.

great people; not so great upper management

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people that I worked with were great. Everyone worked well together.

Cons

Upper management out of touch with the people doing the work. Upper management don't talk to each other.

Get to know your associates.

Real leaders make a difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The senior leader team is amazing. Real people with a passion for people. They are truly interested in the people they lead and the people within the organization. The company values are an important part of company messaging.

Cons

It's a crazy workaholic environment. I thought other companies I'd been at were bad, but this is really intense. The stress and ever-changing priorities can take their toll. Senior leadership seems to value work/life balance, but it doesn't always make it down past the executive level.

Continue to share your message and reinforce values. Find a way to reduce stress throughout organization. The company is known in the community as crazy stressful place to work which is a bit concerning.

Chico's has been a very positive experience and I partner with great teams!

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are very good and my team and partner teams are committed to delivering the best.

Cons

Work load can get out of balance to resources available.

Be transparent to your teams as much as possible. Great job making people feel valued.

life and time of a chico's intern

Current Employee - Intern  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Intern in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS as an intern for more than a year

Pros

great positive uplifting work environment.

Cons

employees unwillingness to learn computers.

Worked for Chico's FAS? Contribute to the Community!