Chico's FAS

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Chico's FAS President, CEO, and Director David F. Dyer

David F. Dyer

40 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Real leaders make a difference

Fort Myers, FL

ProsThe senior leader team is amazing. Real people with a passion for people. They are truly interested in the people they lead and the people within the organization. The company values are an important part of company messaging.

ConsIt's a crazy workaholic environment. I thought other companies I'd been at were bad, but this is really intense. The stress and ever-changing priorities can take their toll. Senior leadership seems to value work/life balance, but it doesn't always make it down past the executive level.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to share your message and reinforce values. Find a way to reduce stress throughout organization. The company is known in the community as crazy stressful place to work which is a bit concerning.

Get in and get out

Fort Myers, FL

ProsAmenities on campus is all I can say.......on site gym, health clinic, several cafes, child care center.

ConsThis company is good for getting experience in the CORPORATE world and learning how to navigate the maze of dealing with the political absurdity which abounds throughout most departments. This is why I say, get in, learn as much as you can about the business and about dealing with "yesing" the "higher ups" and then move on to greener pastures where upper management will actually appreciate all of the hard work and time you put in to your career. Don't try to get promoted into upper management - 75% will be brought in from outside the company. There will be a couple "token" upper management promotions to prove they are "A GREAT PLACE TO WORK". (wink, wink) Three times a survey was given to us for this GPTW (Great Place to Work) status and each time the results were shared with us and each dept was asked what they could do to improve the results......upper execs in several areas would rather stick their head in the sand and not hear what is really going on in the lower ranks because THEY REFUSE TO ASK. Sad but true.

Advice to Senior ManagementAnyone at SVP level and higher should take the time to speak with each person on their team and really LISTEN to what the concerns are in their department. Your workers bees need to know you actually do care about them and not just listening to all of the BS that your VPs / Directors are telling you (which is what you want to hear). Only when you do this will you get to the root of why the results of the GPTW survey results are what they are in certain departments.

Avoid the place so you don't get trapped in South Florida!

Fort Myers, FL

ProsCampus amenities and not much else.

ConsHR is a disaster and full of whiny snobs that are out of touch with recruiting talent.
    If you are a contractor, keep your head down and mouth shut. All they want are "yes men" and people to tell them they are doing a good job.
    IT is improving, but many are laying low for fear of losing their job if they don't "drink the kool-aide".

Advice to Senior ManagementHR need to be revamped and you need to foster a culture of communication and cooperation rather than survival and "pats on the back".
    You can talk all you want about being a great place to work, but the fact is that everyone is afraid to say anything for fear of their jobs.
    The whole work/life balance thing is fine, but it really only extends down to the manager level.
    Time for the executives to wake up and see for themselves what is really happening in the business...that is assuming they actually care.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chico's has been a very positive experience and I partner with great teams!

Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Fort Myers, FL

ProsBenefits are very good and my team and partner teams are committed to delivering the best.

ConsWork load can get out of balance to resources available.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe transparent to your teams as much as possible. Great job making people feel valued.

life and time of a chico's intern

Intern (Current Employee)
    Fort Myers, FL

Prosgreat positive uplifting work environment.

Consemployees unwillingness to learn computers.

great people; not so great upper management

Fort Myers, FL

ProsThe people that I worked with were great. Everyone worked well together.

ConsUpper management out of touch with the people doing the work. Upper management don't talk to each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your associates.

Great place to work

Fort Myers, FL

ProsCEO is down to earth and truly cares about associates

ConsPoor time management with respect to decision making

Great Internship---learned from every department

Intern (Former Employee)

Prosone of the largest companies in SW Florida

ConsLow Pay, no shaded parking. Very hard on your car with South Florida summer weather conditions

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a better IT department

An adversarial atmosphere between the brands and the digital group.

Senior Creative Team Member (Former Employee)
    Fort Myers, FL

ProsGood salaries and benefits as well as onsite cafeteria and health club.

ConsThe brand creatives (who worked on print and in-store media) dictated to the digital team about parroting their creative. New ideas were shot down.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere was little support on the digital side, with management deferring to the brands.

Store Design and Construction Soma Intimates Design Intern

Store Design and Construction Intern (Former Employee)
    Fort Myers, FL

ProsChico's FAS was an extraordinary company to work for. They are not your average corporate office setting and provide a truly supportive and collaborative atmosphere that stresses the value that you bring to the team as an individual. My time working with the Store Design and Construction team I was able to get hands on experience as an intern and was exposed to more than just working in CAD. I participated in site visits, worked with high profile executives on projects, and found a working solution to incorporate new furniture fixtures for Soma, that upheld ADA Code Standards for new and existing stores.
    My time there I felt valued and that I had a voice, even as an intern.

They have the mentality that their product and the success of their company is only as good as the happiness of their employees. The embody the work-life-play balance and encourage their employees to take advantage of some of the resources on campus. Such as a state of the art gym, which is open all day and offers classes in the morning before work, during lunch breaks and for a couple of hours after work. They have three separate dining cafes on campus with excellent food equipped with nutritious options as well as your not-so-typical burger and fries. They have a company store on campus that houses overstock items and is sold to employees only at an extremely discounted price. All of these things contributed to the overall experience of working at Chicos FAS.

ConsI did find that we had a lot of meetings throughout the day. Although I do find meetings important, I felt that they were a bit excessive and would interrupt the process of work flow. Sometimes it felt like we needed to have a meeting, to decided on when to have a meeting.

Additionally, Chico's FAS is fairly new in the corporate world as a company and the Store Design and Construction team is still trying to decide on a system to most efficiently organize and store data within the system on the computer. I felt it was confusing because different people had different ways of organizing and storing so it consistently changed depending on who you were working with and that was hard to keep up with. This was inefficient due to how collaborative the work is and became difficult to access and find the information you were searching for if you had not created it.

Worked for Chico's FAS? Contribute to the Community!

Chico's FAS Videos

Chico's FAS – Why Work for Us?

About Chico's FAS Inc. The Company, through its brands – Chico's, White House | Black Market, Soma Intimates, and Boston Proper, is a leading women's omni-channel specialty retailer of private branded, sophisticated… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chico's FAS reviews and ratings in Fort Myers, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chico's FAS CEO David F. Dyer. All 40 reviews posted anonymously by Chico's FAS employees.