Chico's FAS

Updated November 24, 2014
2.9

Chico's FAS President, CEO, and Director David F. Dyer
David F. Dyer

Pros
  • Good associate discounts, flexible and work life balance schedule (in 12 reviews)

• Growth opportunities if you work hard and have sincerely great customer service (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no concept of work/life balance (in 28 reviews)

• 1000 of their social security money in order to make upper management happy (in 48 reviews)

More Highlights

New employee

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everything sounds great going in - but the training is lacking, the computer vids do not even work. Co-workers are nice, manager is awesome. Clothes I believe in - there is nothing better than Chico's clothing.

Cons

Training is very lacking. Videos which are about 75% of training do not work. There is one sales associate who attempts to sabotage those of us who are new employees by giving us bogus information, tips, and she steals our customers - I find this bizarre!! There are no hours given to work. Two of us who are new are not given any work for 2 weeks and then just 5 hours the following week. It makes no sense and is frustrating. I want to work and work hard. Have proven myself selling in the few days have been there. But does not matter. No hours. Will stay there hoping it improves and looking for another part time job so that I can eat in the meantime.

Spread out the hours more between your employees. Fire the lady that is so obviously sabotaging your new employees and stealing customers. There should be no stealing of other associates customers allowed or tolerated. Encourage working together as a team and helping each other, being happy for other's successes. Give the good people the hours to work. Otherwise, management is perfect. Manager may be blind to bad employee that is like a cloud of oppression over everyone who she works with.

Love the atmosphere but the pay is a disgrace with the amount of work we do.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Chico's FAS as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great discounts-- Work with a pretty great bunch of ladies!

Cons

The pay is 1980's it's horrible to offer a seasoned experienced employee 8.50hr. The work is hard at times-- never enough time to really help customers when were really busy. I really wish you paid a decent wage and offered really good outstanding employees full time employment.

If you want employees to form a customer book and try to make appointments it would help if their shifts were longer. 4 hours here 4 hours there. Your larger stores need at least 2 full time employees not counting the assistant managers.

I learned to service customers on a one on one basis.

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Pros

They are ok to work for

Cons

You can grown in the company if you are willing to work hard

Very warm

Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is very friendliy and you might want to be a leader and make sure you are nice to the older people since its a older crowd..get this Money and make sure you get that raised..

Cons

You have to get use to the old crowd.or remember this people are like your grandmother..but they move that money..so get it early and don't get to sign that full time benefit shift

Yeah...get to coprate and stop playing games

I have been with the company for over a year and it has been a positive experience for the most part.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Atlantic City, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Atlantic City, NJ

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- good bonus system for management
    - extra cash by having quality sales and receiving commission
    - 40% off discount...pretty generous but clothing can be pricey

Cons

- hours for my specific location (in a casino hotel)
    - older customers..can be hard to relate with at times
    - sometimes too much is asked by management teams

one of the best experiences!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This was my favorite retailer to work for! I was given multiple opportunities to further my development as a store manager. The customers were fun, my team both internally and fellow store managers were amazing partners. The values of the company made it easy to live them and demonstrate them in my store with the customers and my staff.

Cons

When there was a change in CEO the values really lost their meaning and the culture changed. the dress code became challenging. I love the clothes and wore them almost exclusively, but I could not afford to have something new every day. Chico's is timeless, it never goes out of style but even that thought seemed to diminish as leadership changed.

Don't give up on what made the company great!

Lots of taking no action. Management's words hold no value.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked with a Great team of hardworking people. The employee discount to shop at the stores and also at the employee store is great. Discount was also offered to many other vendors.

Cons

Lazy HR senior management team in the corporate office. HR jot keeping their word on policies they have put in place and using preferences whenever it suits their needs to promote and fire people. This company used to be so employee focused now all the focus is on making money which remain in the pockets of those in upper management. The HR team is being led by a dictator who is all about the money, HR is no longer human resources because employees are not the focus. It may be in the corporate office but not in the distribution location or stores. Shameful.

Survey your employees and find out when was the last time they were happy with HR and why? You will be surprised by the answer. You will continue to lose valuable employees because your words mean nothing, they fall on death ears. If changes are not made soon you will lose many more. Chico's is no longer one of the major employers in Barrow county your competition will continue to take away your good employees if you are not vigilant and open to change. Consider this.

Selling

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Coconut Grove, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Coconut Grove, FL

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (more than an year)

Pros

My pros with this company was the opportunity of making bonuses off of every sales, which made me push every sale to raise my bonus.

Cons

My cons with this company was starting over every week with selling goals. As soon as the week ended, you were given another selling goal to accomplish.

good interim job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

good clothing discount, hours, people, management

Cons

I have been here less than 2 months so still in the honeymoon phase of employment.

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with

Cons

If you are new coming into a position here, it is hard to get bonuses unless you have regular repeat customers.