Chico's FAS

Chico's FAS Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Chico's FAS President, CEO, and Director David F. Dyer

David F. Dyer

Pros
  • Discount on clothing; quality of clothing; working with nice ladies (in 12 reviews)

• Growth opportunities if you work hard and have sincerely great customer service (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no concept of work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Chico's upper management needs to learn to treat their employees with respect (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

Opportunities, if you make them happen

Planning Director (Current Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsPlenty of opportunity if you step up and make yourself known. Depending on area and management team, you can drive your business without too much interference and micromanagement.

ConsTend to hold on to people that aren't a good fit instead of admitting the bad decision to hire them. Senior management is not always visible and seems standoff-ish. Compensation favors new talent instead of loyalty. Huge focus on employees with children; special benefits and increased flexibility in scheduling.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe seen by employees; sitting in a walled off area is off putting. Review benefits and policies for more equity, not everyone has a child.

Great coworkers but too much stress!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA fantastic team of coworkers with many different life experiences. Opportunity to learn different tasks and strengthen your skills.

ConsToo much pressure on every aspect of the business. Where do you even begin? Performance is based on bonus per hour which is derived from bonuses earned per transactions. Organization has pushed customers to coupon and negotiate for everything so what should be a nice thing (50% off the highest price item for example) has customers demanding as many as six different transactions to get the best possible price. Thus, no bonus for sales person and it reflects badly on your bonus per hour. There is no link between what is actually being asked of the sales staff (high sales) and what marketing programs the HQ is concocting. And the customer can get anything from HQ - they can even return clothes that have been hemmed.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a great staff and a loyal customer base but something has to give on the expectation that performance is tied to bonus per hour. Either eliminate that aspect or eliminate so many sales.

Great management and team.

Sales Lead (Current Employee) Columbus, GA

ProsThe people and discount on clothes.

ConsChanging the sales all the time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its ok!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Macon, GA

ProsClose to home. Some of the people are very nice to work with. Manager is very good.

ConsSome customers are greedy, they expect to always get discounts. Associates do not enough money. Too much expected not enough time to spend with customer. Bonus money is not good. Work too hard to earn to little.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop all the coupons! You have no idea how hard we work. If we were Chico clothes then we can sell, we should always get at least 65% off, our customers get 40% and they don't have to work here to get it.

Poor management makes for a stressful work environmentD

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsDiscount on clothes, one-on-one sales and customer service

ConsLow salary for industry, sales goals given by corporate are too high for consistent success, individual rather than team sales are encouraged causing rifts within employee ranks

Great overall company but unprofessional leaders

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsMotivated co-workers, beautiful work environment, PTO, bonuses, good communication for home office. Corporate executive management program for top performers wanting to grow with the company.

ConsUpper management does not know how to be leaders and not "bosses" There is no communication unless your store is not performing. When an issue arises there is no team problem solving. When the business is slow you are literally just standing there waiting to attack the next thing that walks in the door to make your sales plan. Geographic location proves to be an issue for some stores put in locations that cannot support the business plans.

Not bad

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Plymouth Meeting, PA

ProsGood job for college students, easy hours, fairly good pay.

Consnothing bad to say, clientele was fun to work with and always a pleasure to assist

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Great coworkers and learn something new everyday, but job is increasingly stressful and they break promises.

ProsNice to be apart of a department that has a bunch of fun, quirky, jovial personalities and really supports each other in times of needs. My department is one of the few that really tries to enforce and practice the work-life balance initiative.

ConsManagement and cross functional teams constantly make changes without considering the time and effort we put into the work and have no clue that what we do takes time. We're short staffed, and the work load is increasing every season. They set high and unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither we need more people to balance with the work load or just more realistic deadlines and expectations. Try to understand what each department and role does and be more understanding of the time it takes to do our jobs. The customer and sales are important but so are your employees. Employees are a disservice when burnt out.

The revolving door

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelocation assistance, great facilities, almost every business in Fort Myers gives you a discount because you are a Chico's employee (10% of the purchase of my car, 10% of the first year tuition at my son's private school etc)

ConsThe interview lasted the entire day, I met with seven people. My main sticking point was to find a place to build my career; all said this was the place to do it. 5 months after I started 6 of those 7 people either quit or encouraged to retire. There were few people there from Fort Myers and everyone came, did their 2 year bid that they were contracted to do and left.

The environment was hostile and every meeting was more of a CYA session rather than lets look at the business and see where we can make things better.

I have been here two years and it was wonderful until this year. Too negative and too much pressure now

ProsClothes are cute and customers are nice. Sometimes they have good contest to try to motivate you

ConsNot a positive environment. The district manager micro manages and it makes the managers stressed so it is not as fun as it used to be

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the ones that do a good job for you and stop being a micromanager

Worked for Chico's FAS? Contribute to the Community!