Chico's FAS Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Chico's FAS President, CEO, and Director David F. Dyer
David F. Dyer

Pros
  • Discounts on clothes are fantastic (in 15 reviews)

• Great discount if your store makes sales plan (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no concept of work/life balance (in 28 reviews)

• 1000 of their social security money in order to make upper management happy (in 49 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Love it!!

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Pros

Chico's is such a great compnay to work for! Definitely enjoy all of the benefits that come with the position

Cons

There is nothing wrong with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

2. Merchandising

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time

Pros

Team and customer centric atmosphere. Young employees that practice work-life balance. The company is striving to become ranked as a "Great Place to Work."

Cons

Senior leadership struggles to convey clear expectations of meetings and projects. As a result, meetings often run behind and decision-making is stalled.

3. Part Time Sales Lead/Management Team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful work environment, outstanding high-end women's clothing, frequent Sales/Discounts especially for Loyalty Card Members, which makes Chico's a great place to sell a quality product. Flexible Work Schedule, even Sales Associates that are not management are considered Style Experts.

Cons

A PT Sales Lead is a member of the 'management team' with opening and closing duties. The hourly pay is low ($11/hr) for management responsibilities. Their 'Bonus' system is not a true commission structure, you must sell at least $150 for one sale to make $1. You do not really make a bonus to speak of unless you sell at least $750 per sale. While most customer members enjoy the specialized attention we give to them as Style Experts, most do not appreciate a 'pressure to purchase' approach that is typical of these boutiques. As a Style Expert, we strive to give Amazing Personal Service, however, the 2 largest customer complaints are 'too many calling campaigns, and an overload of clothing that is placed in the dressing rooms' by the sales staff. I mention these complaints because in the retail environment, above average customer service is a must and if the customers have valid complaints, this comes back on the shoulders of the sales associate. Chico's rates the performance of their management team and Sales Associates by how many appointments they can get customers to book. In today's world, it is difficult for customers to be able to plan ahead to make and keep appointments, many are working more than one job, single moms....etc. Most of the 'Style Expert' training is self-taught, not a consistent training program....

Advice to Management

District Sales Mgr really need to listen to their store management teams and sales associates for make "each individual boutique" customized for their locale. Customer needs and requests are very different for different areas, ex. Some areas are need more casual clothes, (Zenergy/Zenergy Golf). some ares need more dresses, some more summer and swimwear.....the management usually knows their customers well, but Dist Mgr continue to make each boutique the same, telling the boutiques to encourage customers to allow the sales associate to 'order and ship free' styles the boutique doesn't carry....Customers are reluctant, they want to try on the styles and not go thru the hassle of waiting 10-14 days for the item, only to discover the fit is incorrect or they simply do not like the style......at that point the customer returns the item to the store less than happy. When the customer is dissatisfied, they don't have the desire to make an exchange, they just want to return the item....Please listen to boutiquemanagement/sales associates/loyalty members...

5. Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the customers and the clothes, overall a very classy company. Love my manager.

Cons

Expects too much from associates as far as paper work and keeping track of hourly numbers. Time would be better spent on the customers.and making them happy. Internet returns are counted against store numbers which can be frustrating. Salary is very low considering the amount of clothes one is expected to buy at a high end clothing store.

Advice to Management

Increase salaries, get away from commission and retain employees for longer periods of time. Perhaps offer all clothes at a bigger discount. Money talks, I think companies like Costco have the right idea, pay people more and keep employees there for many years.

6. Good place to get a start

Former Employee - Technical Support in Winder, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Winder, GA

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are always trying to improve and do something new. They want to make sure employees are happy. They have a great gym for employees to work and renovated company store.

Cons

Pay is not fair or enough for the stress of the call center job. Poor management. Not enough breaks or options for pay grade changes and commissions.

7. Great place to work

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Okemos, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Lead in Okemos, MI

I worked at Chico's FAS

Pros

One of the best places I have ever worked. Fun job, and my superiors where awesome to work for.

Cons

Doesn't pay very well if you are trying to support a family.

Sales Associate...word to the wise

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked with a constellation of interesting, fun, ethical, intelligent, self-driven and exceptional brand reps (ie "style experts") over the last 7 years of employment, at Chicos. It is my peers and customers that keep me anchored there. I LOVE sales....the process of turning a "looker" into what I establish as a "captive-active" audience and developing the sale through engaging the customer in the process, while gaining her confidence and trust as we build a workable wardrobe, TOGETHER. Its great fun and easy to transform the "looker" into a "buyer" when you enjoy the interaction and the full-cycle process of developing and maintaining relationships. If this sounds like you, you'll soar and so will your bonus $$$ which is absolutely necessary, as wages are meager and raises...well, I love CHICOS but the truth is...I HATE "review" time because it takes a great deal of self-evaluating to turn myself around after getting STELLAR REVIEWS, followed by pennies on the dollar raises. It is HORRIFICALLY INSULTING---but, I'm glaringly aware that it remains my choice to stay....or go. Like I said, I love the team, the customers/relationships, the fun. It's hard to put a price on that but each year, at this time, I am once again questioning my wisdom in staying....

Cons

CHICOS needs to incorporate a SIMPLE sales-training program, modeling "sales and closing concepts" to elevate weaker team members who are less experienced, but have untapped potential and the desire to improve. Chicos has valuable sales-assets within stores but doesn't utilize them in a sort-of "mentors-in-place" program that could educate and strengthen the team. If you see your front-line as a gatekeeper to the BANK, you'll recognize the importance of investing in them. In the right hands, with the right guidance, quick-tips and shadowing opportunities that will both educate and refine their skills, while teaching them how to maximize sales opportunities, will help to transform the mediocre in to confident and equipped professionals who can represent the Chicos brand as it ought to be represented; by a style expert who is polished, and has pizzazz! Dear powers that be....."penny wise...dollar foolish" aren't just words on paper. Additionally, not much creative thinking or out of the box conceptualizing seems to be going on at the helm; therefore the product-line falters, as do all of us under the Chicos umbrella. The entire Chicos community suffers as potential customers walk through the door but exit empty handed. Another moment disappointingly lost...as is the customer who was hoping to spend a few hundred to feel like a million! It was our job to seize-the-moment AND please that customer!! When she "walks" so does opportunity---Out. The. Door!! Its not JUST the money....its the"take-away" from the customers perspective--disappointed, under-serviced, over-whelmed and her less-than-favorable "last impression" is what she'll be carrying...instead of a CHICOS bag! TRAINING=GAINING

Advice to Management

Seriously.....this isn't rocket science. WE are in the BUSINESS of crafting a GOOD, unique and on-trend product at fair market value; introducing the lines/collections each season and MOVING piece-by-piece from floor to consumers closets. How?.... by BUILDING SALES and CREATING ENDURING RELATIONSHIPS while chasing new ones! That's it. Just use your best to teach the rest. Producing exceptional sales teams will generate greater revenue which will turn skeptical and dissatisfied shareholders in to ecstatic ones. Oh...riiiight....these are shareholders we're talking about.......maybe "ecstatic" WASN'T the right word. Lets just say, "SATISFIED" shareholders : ) On the other hand, "ecstatic" IS the right word to describe your sales teams who are now reaping the benefits of their training and are able to meet the markers necessary to celebrate the triumph of making bonus dollars, which in turn allows them the financial resources to remain an employee of Chicos! Now...everybody's happy. That used to be what Chicos was about. Lets recreate the WIN-WIN philosophy...and "MEAN IT"! Just thought I'd give you my 2 cents as you gave me yours ; )

9. Nice people, disorganized management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fair salary, nice people, good benefits, nice work place, good work/ life balance, nice perks, good compensation package, several cafes and farmer's market once a week, health clinic on site

Cons

reorganization is confusing and disorganized, management seems to be on alert and scared, takes it out on employees, uneven workload distribution, favoritism, slim growth potential unless you are favored, divas are catered to but hard workers not recognized

Advice to Management

fix what's broken and don't lump all departments together to fix so worse offenders aren't insulted. hire impartial managers that don't favoritism. you can't be everywhere, so don't behave as if you know what each individual department is going through

10. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers. Everyone was helpful and worked together to make an enjoyable work place. Training was good. Monthly sales bonus' helped with hourly wages. Good clothes discounts.

Cons

The work schedule is great for women with a lot of flexibility & don't need the income but sometimes your shift is cut or adjusted just prior to going in or while you're there which hurts the pay and daily personal planning. POS systems are so outdated and not user friendly.

Advice to Management

Local management does the best they can. Upper management needs to get updated POS systems and focus on positive behaviors of staff and not silly negatives.

Sales associate

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Hilton Head Island, SC

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Chico's really values their sales force. They are always offering training in the store and on the computer. They really try hard to make their associates feel like part of a team.

Cons

I believe they have too many calling campaigns. The customers are beginning to get saturated and a little aggrivated with the calls.

Advice to Management

District managers should ask the advice and opinions of sales associates themselves instead of going through the store managers. Associates would feel more comfortable giving an opinion of it was not given through the manager.

RSS Feed </> Embed