Chico's FAS Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Chico's FAS President, CEO, and Director David F. Dyer
David F. Dyer

Pros
  • Discounts on clothes are fantastic (in 15 reviews)

• Great discount if your store makes sales plan (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no concept of work/life balance (in 28 reviews)

• 1000 of their social security money in order to make upper management happy (in 49 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Love it!!

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Pros

Chico's is such a great compnay to work for! Definitely enjoy all of the benefits that come with the position

Cons

There is nothing wrong with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

2. Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Chico's FAS (More than 5 years)

Pros

Loved it! I looked forward to every day while working here.

Cons

I had no downsides, my team was great.

Full time Assistant Store Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company focuses on empowering its clientele through fashion and approaches their customers with a positive and enjoyable shopping experience.

Cons

Responsibilities exceed what they will pay you. I often times felt overwhelmed with responsibility and the pay and commission for incoming employees kept declining as the company scavenged to save money. The company is constantly changing its policies and expectations. It can be difficult to keep up and focus on clientele when the company can't seem to keep it together.

Advice to Management

Take store employees opinions into consideration when implementing new store guidelines and sales strategies.

5. Store Manager

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Pros

It is a great company to work for. The discount is great at 40% off regular priced merchandise. Weekly as a SM you have conference calls to review your productivity with other SMs in your district. This is great time to share your successes and opportunities with your fellow managers. They also have a week long intensive training at their corporate office for new managers to help understand the company culture and the best practices for running your store. And, how to read each of the KPI reports to understand where your store is standing daily, weekly, monthly, and year to date.

Cons

As an employee I feel like the customer gets better discounts than the employee since they have the opportunity to use multiple coupons in addition to the rewards program.

Advice to Management

Partner with your DM as much as possible on projects and tasks to ensure that what may be expected from you is aligned on both sides. Most of all get in there and have fun with the customer in addition to managing your store.

Disappointed

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Pros

It is fun working with people to help them feel beautiful.

Cons

Shifts are cancelled at the last minute so you cannot gauge how much you are going to be making per week. More seasoned employees take the best shifts so it is hard to make any money. Pay is extremely low.

Advice to Management

Set clear, defined schedules for employees. Do not change them so that your employees will feel more secure. The more part time employees you have to try to sell more just hinders growth and production because your employees do not feel stable. Stick to this simple navigation and you will see the company grow in a more defined direction.

7. Sales Lead

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Pros

you can get a raise after a year

Cons

the commission is hard to earn

8. Okay

I worked at Chico's FAS

Pros

I liked my the people I worked with.

Cons

I did not like the BONUS selling techniques and feeling micromanaged at times.

9. They will suck the life out if you if you allow it

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Pros

Smaller, more contained than a department store. Once you get accustomed to the product and store layout it can be more manageable than other retailers for setting up and keeping the store in order. Some great coworkers and more personal than working for other chain stores.

Cons

Pay is way too low for what is expected. Bonus is nice, but not dependable. Retail is very demanding in general and this company is no exception. Not sure that advancement is possible, I don't desire it anyway. But depending on how the store manager and district manager handle towing the company line, they can make it impossible. They have unrealistic expectations of profit, don't seem to take into account the demographics of the area, including the fact that there are several stores within a 10 mile radius. Returns from other stores and the internet come off of the profit of the store that the returns go to ? Why? The manager tells you to turn the return into a sale. Some of these women are in the store weekly and buy constantly. Not easy to turn it around when they bought hundreds of dollars worth of items over the last month, etc. The calling campaigns and constant asking for donations for charity are also annoying. Hours are cut, often at the last minute due to "not making plan". Moral is very low, and the store hires and loses people frequently. I have to say, this company seems to attract the most demanding, difficult customers. Chico's feeds the situation by the constantly changing sales percentages and the blasted coupons. As with a lot of businesses, managers have favorites, and really reliable people are not acknowledged. Can't foresee doing this job for much longer, I think it has run its course.

Advice to Management

Recognize that not everyone wants the same end (i.e. a full time Chico's career)
    Recognize people for individual qualities, don't expect everyone to be good at the same task or enjoy doing every single Chico's chore with the same enthusiasm, Pay a liveable wage, don't keep pushing the commission as a constant way to bring up your hourly salary. Unless you just want to employ people that are working to fill time, pay a higher salary to keep people long term, the high turnover is not productive.

10. store manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in Port St Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Port St Lucie, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Close to home and great benefits

Cons

Pay, balanced life, and company expectations

Advice to Management

You vet what you pay for. Reward your teams with better pay and raises and invest in training.

11. Probably in the Top 10 best places to work and raise a family

Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work if you are willing to give 100% almost every day.

Cons

Not the best place to live for young, single people.

Advice to Management

Currently on the right track to turn business around.

RSS Feed </> Embed