Chico's FAS

Chico's FAS Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014

Chico's FAS President, CEO, and Director David F. Dyer

David F. Dyer

Pros:
  • "Growth opportunities if you work hard and have sincerely great customer service"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Possibility to earn commission to compensate for part-time hours"
    in 15 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior leadership seems to value work/life balance, but it doesn't always make it down past the executive level"
    in 20 reviews
  • "The lack of consistency in upper management causes all the hard work of the store team to fall apart"
    in 34 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to work, learn and grow!

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Murray, UT

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time for less than a year

ProsLove work/home balance. Better than most retail. Good pay, and a positive work enviorment. Absolutely love my boss and the entire home office team.

ConsToo many events and promo changes. But that is normal for retail.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above. Also thank you for celebrating us and giving us tools to help us Suceed. I'm blessed to be part of the company.

A company that truly loves it's customers and it's employees!

I have been working at Chico's FAS

ProsEveryone in the company is empowered to make their customer happy! The people that work here are amazing! A very talented and passionate group of people!

ConsBonus plan used to be much better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep bringing on people that LOVE their customers! You can teach someone how to follow a process, but you can't always help them to keep the Customer first.

wonderful fast paced high energy

Sales Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time

Proscustomers fashion discounts flexible hours

Conssales goals personal growth hours

Advice to Senior Managementset realistic goals

Great place to work for!

I have been working at Chico's FAS

Prosgreat team to work with.

Consnone that I can think of.

Fun place to learn, grow, and give great customer service

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat training. Great management. Growth opportunities if you work hard and have sincerely great customer service. Beautiful clothing. Many opportunities to learn.

ConsI can't think of any based on my experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for recognizing hard work and ambition!

Love it.

ProsBest Job I've Ever Had

ConsThere are no cons, I like my job.

I have had a great 2 years with Chico's FAS. What an amazing place to work. Paradise!

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time

ProsGrowth opportunities, Great Environment, Great On Site Amenities, On Site Gym, Cafe, Day Care Center

ConsChallenging industry, high expectations, sometimes long hours, tight deadlines

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the Great Place to Work Initiatives and keep up the good work!

Real leaders make a difference

Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time for more than a year

ProsThe senior leader team is amazing. Real people with a passion for people. They are truly interested in the people they lead and the people within the organization. The company values are an important part of company messaging.

ConsIt's a crazy workaholic environment. I thought other companies I'd been at were bad, but this is really intense. The stress and ever-changing priorities can take their toll. Senior leadership seems to value work/life balance, but it doesn't always make it down past the executive level.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to share your message and reinforce values. Find a way to reduce stress throughout organization. The company is known in the community as crazy stressful place to work which is a bit concerning.

Great part time job

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time for more than a year

ProsAwesome opportunity to get a great wardrobe and work with great people

ConsIt is retail, so they are going to be challenges as there would be anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Great Place to work and grow

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Williamsburg, VA

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat company values, tailored to the customer. The company has full service boutiques that really help a woman look smart, dress well and feel good about herself.

The clothes are mostly top of the line - good creative and up with current trends for women over 40. Have seen a few items get recalled for quality issues but the company is normally fast acting if they receive an alert about something being wrong.

The 6 styles of jeans are certain to fit any body type - it's just a matter of trying on the various jean products. Once you know - you'll love the cloths for life.

ConsFor the associates, there is a bonus system based on amount of sales -- it is too low and thus generates a "hungry wolf" environment which can be felt by the customer. If the person does not have "Style Expert" that they come to see - then the associates will try to grab as many customers as possible to ensure they can make bonus amounts to make up for the lack of base pay.

Also, there are way to many coupons and the customers will use this against the associates - "well I have a coupon for 50% - so ring it as two transactions". that kills the associates chance for bonus.

There are way to many "sales" - again, you work for a lower base pay and normally do not make a bonus due to the sales and coupons.

Advice to Senior Management1. Not so many coupons PLEASE.
2. Lower the base for making bonus - we have nice clothes, good customers and a great team - it really needs to be more worth it for the associate.

Worked for Chico's FAS? Contribute to the Community!

Chico's FAS Videos

Chico's FAS – Why Work for Us?

About Chico's FAS Inc. The Company, through its brands – Chico's, White House | Black Market, Soma Intimates, and Boston Proper, is a leading women's omni-channel specialty retailer of private branded, sophisticated… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chico's FAS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chico's FAS CEO David F. Dyer. All 381 reviews posted anonymously by Chico's FAS employees.