Chico's FAS Reviews

Updated August 23, 2014

2.8

Chico's FAS President, CEO, and Director David F. Dyer
David F. Dyer

Pros
  • Discount on clothing; quality of clothing; working with nice ladies (in 12 reviews)

• Growth opportunities if you work hard and have sincerely great customer service (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no concept of work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Chico's upper management needs to learn to treat their employees with respect (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

Need to get their priorities straight.

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you have a manager who cares, they will teach you everything you need to know. If not, you're basically on your own.
    The people are nice and the customers are loyal.
    You can create a really great clientele IF you live/work in the right area.

Cons

Growth is possible, but takes a long time. Far longer than any other employer.
    The perks are okay if you like the merchandise.
    The quality of the product has gone down sufficiently and the customers have noticed.
    Standards that the company holds the management and associates at is almost ridiculous.
    If you are not a competitive person, this place is NOT for you.
    Upper management needs to have better communication with those in the stores.

LISTEN TO YOUR MANAGEMENT TEAMS. They are the ones in the stores from day in to day out. They know the customers and what they want and are looking for. Bring back more of the "old" Chico's; the dedicated and loyal customers for over 20 years are beginning to feel alienated and frustrated.

Let me put it this way, in my 14 months at Chico's FAS my team of 11 went down to 6 because everyone jumped ship.

Former Employee - Sourcing  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Sourcing in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The campus is beautiful with a gym and multiple cafes and Fort Myers seems like a nice place to live if you're laidback. The pay was competitive and the benefits comparable.

Cons

There were tons of structural changes and very little information flow from top to bottom -- thus causing a ton of confusion, frustration and bitterness towards upper level team members. There was a lack of onboarding for new employees and extreme issues with IT.

I suggest a complete change in thinking direction from the design perspective as well as from an HR perspective. There is so much tension and caddy drama between and inside the individual teams.

Good environment, plenty to keep busy!

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate  in  Woodbury, NY
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Woodbury, NY

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Rules make sense and make job easier.

Cons

Cut hours sometimes when slow.

Keep inventory in stock. Run out of sizes too fast.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High expectations for little return

Former Employee - Sales Lead
    Former Employee - Sales Lead

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers, fun guests, flexible schedule when needed

Cons

Unrealistic sales goals, nothing more important than that last dime, unrealistic tasking time frame while you are supposed to be meeting those sales goals!

Listen to your people who are in the stores, they know the needs. Pay attention to turnover and look at your common denominator for causes. Watch carefully for that even playing field on returns and how they effect store sales goals, individual KPUs, and double multis.

So far so good.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Focused on customer service. Good at giving time off when you need it. Commission based as well so you have the opportunity to make more money

Cons

Long hours on your feet with little break

Fun place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with
    Consistent clientele, in a great neighborhood
    Lots of bonus opportunity

Cons

Small store
    limited inventory/space
    low base pay, but opportunity for bonuses were good.

Don't hog the customers that spend big money.
    Store management are great.

It was okay. The boss was not as nice as I thought she was supposed to be.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Greenville, SC

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great clothes, and great experience.

Cons

For my position, you have to be really flexible and work with other people's schedules.

Managers to be more understanding of employee's skills and use those skills to help better the sales and appearance of store.

LOVE IT....most of the time!

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I really enjoy the customers, the team of wonderful women I work with and the stream of managers and asst. managers that have come and gone over the nearly 8 years since I have worked there. As much as I appreciate the flexibility regarding hours and the oppty to "earn" the occasional enhanced increase from 40% to 65% off clothing incentives, it is not compensation for the dramatically low salary!

Cons

The bonus system has been reduced so greatly over the years that with inflation factored in LOW salaries and the lack of raises...employees who actually NEED a paycheck should run to the nearest exit because CHICOS compensation is seriously shameful! I have always been a (and more often, THE) TOP producer and now, though I laugh about it, I have FINALLY gotten a CUMULATIVE raise of $1.00 after (as I mentioned previously) being with Chicos nearly 8 years! YUP! You read that correctly.....ONE DOLLAR! Soooo, why am I still there??....Hmmm, a question I too have considered quite a bit lately. The best answer I can give...I really like our customers. I have built very nice relationships with so many--gaining their trust and loyalty while maximizing each encounter I have with them. We do have an economically enriched population, at our location and I really enjoy "wardrobing", so for me, it is also an opportunity to do most of what I like best! Yes, I could work elsewhere---I get numerous unsolicited offers---but, I love the team, the customers AND the proximity of the store to my home!

You don't know me...you probably don't know 95% of the people whom you employ ---but interestingly, you are in a PEOPLE business! A most-telling problem, as I see it, is that you undervalue your higher performing in-store employees. If you saw us as a GOOD investment, you'd be INVESTING IN US. We are your front-line, the ones that are interfacing with and building relationships with the consumers whom you spend tremendous advertising dollars on to send through our doors and in to our hands! WE are YOUR closers! You rely on us to make you look good to your shareholders---and yet you answer to them by devaluing us as underscored by our severely low salaries and declining bonuses. I have watched GREAT sales people leave for better paying jobs and under-skilled employees who NEVER make their goals, linger for years. Cut the dead weight and allocate the dollars to those who earn it for years of service and productivity. Start new employees at lower salaries which they can offset by meeting a revamped BONUS program that is more attainable for the masses. What is the purpose of reviews if those who perform poorly remain employed and those who exceed ALL goals get a 20-40 CENT raise?...Pretty demoralizing and defeats the purpose of a review....
    In a nut-shell, here's how mine went....
    "I gave you TOP SCORES in every area...you surpassed all goals, as always....here's the expectations...and here's you! Wow!! This year I'd like you to work more with all the associates and continue to teach them how to sell and close....annnnnnd you get a 40 cent raise!!...congratulations....."

Really?!?.....

WORST experience EVER

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pros to this job is IF you actually get the proper training you learn how to style and put outfits together in a fashionable way. The discount is fairly generous when they offer the enhanced discount.

Cons

Where to start, my hiring manager (who is no longer employed at Chicos) and the District Manager were the most unprofessional duo I have ever worked with. No leadership whatsoever. The store manager need showed up when she was scheduled and never was on the sales floor, not sure how she got away with it as there is such a focus on numbers and performance. I guess the DM just turned a blind eye. The DM was the cruel, would yell at the sales staff in front of customers. Talked bad about management to more than one of our customers and twice this came back to my attention. I was an ASM. The company culture claims to be all about "making her your best friend" and selling using the "friendship pressure" however they never give the stores enough staffing hours or time to train new hires so they can style and sell, hence that affects overall performance. Too much focus on calling customers ALL THE TIME, FYI they don't want so many calls, I know because they would complain to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Overall experience is the company focus is not genuine, its all a bunch of BS.

Grow up, it isn't high school anymore, DM stop gossiping and talking bad about your staff. Not a good way to motivate your staff. Also being a new store, maybe the DM should have spent a bit of time there since it was all new staff and encourage and show your staff what you expect. WORST experience EVER.

WHBM- Great Clothes makes selling easier

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product that sells itself, as long as the store is in a thriving higher income area.
    Employee discount is amazing

Cons

Lower pay for sales associates and sales leads. Making bonus for Full-Time management members is not very realistic as plan is set very high about 85% of the time.

Worked for Chico's FAS? Contribute to the Community!