Child Development Center

CEO

1. busy busy busy job

Former Employee - Associate Teacher in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Teacher in Irvine, CA

Pros

if you love working with kids then this is the job for you. It was fun taking care of kids after school. If you are a teacher you get your own grade level to watch after school if you are not a teacher you are paired up with one.

Cons

having to travel from one school to another sometimes. Good luck on school breaks in a city like Irvine where the kids go to school year round. When they are on break odds are you are going to have a full class of kids since no parent in Irvine watches their kids during these breaks so you better be ready for full on mayhem, these kids do not like to be at the day care during break and they act out all the time. One parent even made their child not take his ADHD medication during break and boy was that fun. Sometimes the site supervisor will tell you that you will be working at another location for a couple of weeks to help out, when you get over there you find out the kids are on break from school so you have to deal with them during their break and you do not know these kids so you have no authority over them, they will not recognize you as an authority figure because you are fresh meat.

Advice to Management

don't let site supervisors disappear for hours at end and then try to come back yelling out orders. Some of these site supervisors are so disconnected from what really is happening at the "site" day care.

2. Child Youth Provider

Current Employee - Child Youth Provider
    Current Employee - Child Youth Provider

Pros

The range of work with children age 6 weeks to 5 years of age is wonderful. The training program is excellent.

Cons

The office culture is not stable. The atmosphere can get hostile because of the inconsistencies in the chain of command.

Advice to Management

Training on leadership, and customer service.

3. I have worked at child development center for 7 years working with children from 6 weeks of age on up to 12 years of age

Current Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Child Development Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

flexible hours to work around school and family functions.

Cons

poorly managed, didn't pay for training needed yearly, cared only about their own pocket book rather than the ones doing all the work.

Advice to Management

realize that with out the ones you pay so poorly you would have no business. A happy employee makes a good worker.

5. Good families and co-workers bad management

Current Employee - Family Support Specialist in Missoula, MT

I have been working at Child Development Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rewarding work, get to meet new people.

Cons

Top heavy management. Low pay. Disagreements and conflict between teams. High amount of paperwork without enough time to every stay on top of it. A lot of driving and late night home visits.

Advice to Management

Be more progressive and manage conflict better.

6. Cash Receivable

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Child Development Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company. Great programs for kids especially summer camp program.

Cons

Back office not so busy.

7. Make planning for classes, customer service with parents

I have been working at Child Development Center full-time

Pros

I have a job, I am making money.

Cons

I can't achieve my goals as a Medical Office Assistant.

Advice to Management

I need to achieve my goals developing my knowledge about Medical Office Management. Recently I have been graduated. As a office specialist, Office Support. Degree in Medical Office Management

8. Difficult place to work

Current Employee - Family Support Specialist in Missoula, MT

Pros

There are kind families to work with. It is rewarding to work with children with special needs.

Cons

High case loads, lack of leadership, leadership gossips and bullies lower staff - most likely because of stress. Very stressful job. Problems with job security, funding is sketchy. Threats concerning job loss are offered during staff meetings which increases stress. Need to drive long distances in the winter which can be very scary with icy roads - if you apply make sure to get snow tires. Leadership is more concerned about making money than serving families. Benefits continue to be cut each year. Health insurance is very expensive.

9. Great! I really enjoyed working here.

Current Employee - Day Care Worker in Boone, NC
    Current Employee - Day Care Worker in Boone, NC

I have been working at Child Development Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with children was wonderful

Cons

I found there were no cons

10. Lots of stress for little recognition

Current Employee - Family Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Family Support Specialist

Pros

Good vacation benefits Decent salary for Missoula

Cons

Work with really difficult families with little guidance or support from management Can't take vacation time because case loads are too high Drive 2 hours each way to visit families in Montana snow in winter Constant threats of laying people off from management

RSS Feed </> Embed