Child Guidance Resource Centers Reviews

Brad Barry
1 Rating

1. Sour Grapes...

I have been working at Child Guidance Resource Centers full-time

Pros

I have worked for CGRC for more than 10 years and can honestly say the poor reviews included on here must be from disgruntled former employees. CGRC provides the highest quality of mental health services to children and families in the Delaware Valley and values all of its employees.

Cons

Like everywhere, salaries could be higher with increased benefits.

2. Many Positives and Negatives

I have been working at Child Guidance Resource Centers full-time

Pros

I have worked at CGRC for a long time. There are quality therapists and staff that work here. Supervisors have been easy to talk to and are always available to hear out issues you may be having as a clinician or employee. I enjoy working with the people here and I have learned a lot from the experienced and well educated staff that come through these doors.

Cons

CGRC unfortunately does not know how to hold on to those quality staff members. I have seen many very talented clinicians leave this place and there is no question about why. Clinicians certainly chose a career that involves burnout and high stress. That considered, it seems CGRC should be even more sensitive to its employees needs. While supervisors will hear your issues with genuine concern and give thoughts or advice, little is done to address those concerns on a managerial level. Employee ideas for improving themselves, the work place and CGRC as a whole are often ignored. Employees are often asked to adjust and go with the flow to benefit the company's bottom line which has been suffering. However, there is no compensation offered by management even in simple non expensive ways to reciprocate employees making those adjustments or their willingness to go out of their way for the company. Benefits such as flex time, increased time off rates, title changes etc. are often overlooked as ways of investing in employees. Together all of this makes many employees feel unappreciated or taken advantage of. It is both unfortunate and a recipe for high turnover. While I didn't major in business it's hard to see this being an environment geared towards success.

Advice to Management

I would suggest focusing on quality and not quantity. Develop good employee relationships who can provide consistent quality care. Provide ongoing incentives, programs, and education to employees. Growth will come as a result of investing in staff at an ongoing individual level rather than a one day once a year wellness day. A happy employee is a productive employee. An unhappy employee does the bare minimum.
    I would suggest working with employees to improve the functioning of the agency, hearing their thoughts or ideas and taking them to the next level.
    Offer some transparency in corporate decision making so employees can have a better understanding of the changes being made and their rationale.
    Improve the agencies visibility. I hear from many people that they didn't even know this place existed.

3. TSS

I have been working at Child Guidance Resource Centers

Pros

There are no pros for this company

Cons

Everything else. No support. A lot of favoritism and nepotism. It's always the employees fault

Advice to Management

Start treating employees with respect

I think I have PTSD from my time here. Seriously.

I worked at Child Guidance Resource Centers

Pros

Until the near-end I was allowed autonomy and given the freedom to be the creative, inspired, and out-of-the-box therapist I have become over the years. However in their recent restructure of the dept, any freedom to be that (despite my track record of success and constant flow of testimonials from my clients) was given over to the agency's desire to have non-thinking automatons as employees.

Cons

Their motto seems to be make as much money as possible, strive for grand sweeping change to minutia and never strive for more clinically, and hire people who don't threaten your fragile senses of self. A smart business hires and promotes those who are more intelligent and more creative even than its superiors. A penny-wise and pound-foolish one, however, drives away the employees who are smartest, keenest, and see the big picture more fully than the administration possibly can from their ivory towers. Good luck to them. They need it.

Advice to Management

Read the above. Take heed. You will certainly thrive if you take this to heart.

6. Good

Former Employee - Group Counselor
    Former Employee - Group Counselor

I worked at Child Guidance Resource Centers full-time

Pros

Working with a lot of great colleagues as well as clients

Cons

The hours are not stable

Beware

Former Employee - Outpatient Services in Havertown, PA
    Former Employee - Outpatient Services in Havertown, PA

I worked at Child Guidance Resource Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady work and able to use your skills

Cons

Very little support from management. There are favorites among the work staff and if you are not one you will not last.

Advice to Management

Company is basically run by one guy and an "old boy" network Board. Main emphasis is make money. Step outside the box and you are history.

Horrible place to work. More of a factory than professional

Current Employee - Behavior Specialist in Havertown, PA
    Current Employee - Behavior Specialist in Havertown, PA

I have been working at Child Guidance Resource Centers

Pros

They leave you alone to do your job

Cons

Management is clinically incompetent and does not care about client outcomes. They only care about the bottom line.

Advice to Management

no advice

Unfair!

Current Employee - Mental Health Worker (Adult Services) in Havertown, PA
    Current Employee - Mental Health Worker (Adult Services) in Havertown, PA

I have been working at Child Guidance Resource Centers

Pros

Flexible
    You can work at different sites
    Clients are enjoyable to be around
    Easy job

Cons

Favoritism
    No advancement
    Co-workers make your job difficult with laziness and bad attitudes
    Management is slow in implementing change and disciplining staff
    Disorganized
    Poor decision making regarding clients
    Do not always have the clients interest at heart

Advice to Management

Stop choosing employees based on favoritism and personal background. Choose people who are competent, has patience with clients, and takes their job seriously.

Child Guidance Resource Centers Photos