Child Guidance

Child Guidance Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good

Group Counselor (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with a lot of great colleagues as well as clients

ConsThe hours are not stable

Back stabbing supervisor Wharton in Coatesville

BSC and MT (Former Employee) Coatesville, PA

ProsI've tried to consider what might be positive about the location, environment, supervision and work, but I cannot find anything except that there was a kitchen in the office.

ConsWorking without much assistance from supervisors. Being told "I'm giving you this difficult case because I think you can handle it." But, that really meant I'm setting you up to fail because everyone else has failed too. Blaming client issues on the clinician. Do not make supervision sessions about productivity and bringing in money. Make them about how best to serve the clients through supporting your people in the field.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know all of your employees. Do not depend upon the supervisors to inform you about your employees. Perform exit interviews with all employees regardless of whether they resign or are let go. Make the environment one where "retribution" is not an issue. Encourage honest feedback because "retribution" will not be an issue. If a supervisor makes negative comments about an employee (current or who has just left), provide that information to the employee and give the employee the opportunity to face his/her accuser in a neutral setting where you, management, can hear both sides and make an enlightened decision.

Beware

Outpatient Services (Former Employee) Havertown, PA

ProsSteady work and able to use your skills

ConsVery little support from management. There are favorites among the work staff and if you are not one you will not last.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany is basically run by one guy and an "old boy" network Board. Main emphasis is make money. Step outside the box and you are history.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible place to work. More of a factory than professional

Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) Havertown, PA

ProsThey leave you alone to do your job

ConsManagement is clinically incompetent and does not care about client outcomes. They only care about the bottom line.

Advice to Senior Managementno advice

Unfair!

Mental Health Worker (Adult Services) (Current Employee) Havertown, PA

ProsFlexible
    You can work at different sites
    Clients are enjoyable to be around
    Easy job

ConsFavoritism
    No advancement
    Co-workers make your job difficult with laziness and bad attitudes
    Management is slow in implementing change and disciplining staff
    Disorganized
    Poor decision making regarding clients
    Do not always have the clients interest at heart

Advice to Senior ManagementStop choosing employees based on favoritism and personal background. Choose people who are competent, has patience with clients, and takes their job seriously.

Worked for Child Guidance? Contribute to the Community!