ChildFund International

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

very supportive

Specialist (Current Employee)
    Richmond, VA

Prosfocus on children and youth that are deprived, excluded and vulnerable

Conscan't think of anything, except the low pay.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep on doing the great work

An unfortunate situation

Richmond, VA

ProsThere are plenty of nice people that work at ChildFund and it gives the place a "family" feel. Over the years, this has diminished a bit, but it is still strong among certain departments/groups. The retirement contributions are awesome, they offer the traditional match but they also contribute 6% of your salary to your account. During the summer months you have the option to work 9 hours Monday -Thursday and 4 hours on Friday, which is great!

ConsA weak senior management team is the source of all of the organization's problems. Employees do not trust some of the VPs and both moral and revenue have been declining over the years. We're also in the middle of a multi-million dollar project that is supposed to be our saving grace but a lot of people feel that it isn't going to deliver.

There has been some turn over at the VP level over the last year or two, which is great, but there is one in particular that really needs to go. Unfortunately, we're probably going to be stuck with them for at least another year.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with your employees, a lot of people think you're painting a picture that isn't 100% accurate.

Stop falling for the smoke and mirrors that are being put up by a certain manager that is only interested in protecting themself.

Listen to your employees and don't be afraid to make tough decisions.

The Board of Directors is snowed by CEO and Management

Support (Current Employee)
    Richmond, VA

ProsHelping children in need across the globe.

ConsThe President and CEO is paid an outrageous salary and only thinks about herself. Treat their employees badly. It's a very stressful place to work. The employees are underpaid while the President and CEO and executive team salaries are off the charts. For a non-profit, top heavy is not a good thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Board of Directors needs to really look into how the company is truly run. The BOD meetings are just for show. It can be a very dangerous thing when Boards are only involved four times a year for a showy presentation of how well the company is doing. If they were to work in the actual environment for a few weeks, they might pick up on something.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at ChildFund to help children in need is very fulfilling, however growth opportunities have proven very limited.

Richmond, VA

ProsChildFund provides vital programs that help children and families in need in 31 countries around the world including the U.S.

ConsGrowth and development opportunities have proven limited, at least in my experience there. I have also observed that management positions are generally filled from the outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to align the spoken objectives, vision and values with those actually practiced. Continue working to create a culture of trust, integrity, openness and honesty among internal stakeholders--employees. Champion diversity of thought and experience and foster innovation and challenge so that employees are motivated to make recommendations.

Worked for ChildFund International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ChildFund International reviews and ratings in Richmond, VA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ChildFund International CEO Anne Lynam Goddard. All reviews posted anonymously by ChildFund International employees.