Childcare Network Reviews

Scott Cotter

1. Stellar company

Current Employee - District Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - District Manager in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We are here for the families and children. We truly believe in the importance of education at an early age and Conscious Discipline. This is a phenomenal company and the bar is set so high. I am honored to wok here.

Cons

The only con is the medical benefits. I do understand the reasoning behind why we have them, but it is a con.

Advice to Management

Keep working for the education of the children. Keep training, appreciating, and thanking your employees.

2. Reality of a daycare job

Current Employee - Lead Teacher of Toddlers
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher of Toddlers

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my children! That's the best part of working at a daycare is caring and creating a relationship with each child and their parents.

Cons

Childcare network took over the daycare I originally worked for. They have no knowledge about children and neither does the owner of the company. We now wear aprons, and white collared shirts. I mean really? White shirts around children, and why aprons? We aren't cooks! There's not even pockets on the aprons and we have magnetic name tags the kids pull off easily! We can't wear jackets in the winter because they think we will sneak our phones in them, but we can order their "winter" apparel for work... It also doesn't help management doesn't know what is going on and I got to go to an almost 3 hour meeting I didn't get paid for to hear "I don't know" about every question asked to the new company! Benefits suck, you have to pay thosaunds of dollars before getting healthcare. Oh, no annual raises, you only get a raise when they want to give one! Also, I don't even have a set schedule anymore, I get to work early and close every single day while people who get there after me get to leave early. 75% of the staff is now leaving and new hires come in every day.

Advice to Management

Actually care about safety of the children, money is not everything. The employees can get away with doing unruly things to the children (grabbing, not changing diapers, spanking, etc.), but get written up for having to go to the hospital and not reaching anybody, or having on 'too tight of jeans' or not wearing your apron. Communicate better with staff and parents. Tired of asking about the new company and my schedule and having no answers. Stick with schedules of employees, not that hard.. Don't tell us to come into work when we have a fever but you guys leave all the time. Fire people who hit the children and people who say "I hate being here" and complaign the children are "horrible" and hire people who want to be here. There's alot more I could say but I'd write a book by the time I'm done.

3. Assistant teacher

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, GA

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time

Pros

I love the children and some of the other teachers. They will send to school for your CDA.

Cons

Manage is very rude. Some of the parents aren't that friendly either. You never know what time your going to get off work but they expect You be there on time. Children are always up front just hanging out and a select few teachers ride the clock and hangout up front as well. They are extremely unorganized and the employees don't do their job correctly. I'm surprised this location is even in business. I would have been fired for doing most of the stuff these teachers do at the last daycare I worked at. Oh and did I mention management is extremely rude....

Advice to Management

Treat all your employees with respect. Don't be so rude.

5. Really love what you do!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Encourage educational growth Great Teachers Strong parent and staff relationships

Cons

Pay is not equivalent to the standards they expect their teacher's credentials.

6. Lead Pre-K Teacher

Current Employee - Lead Pre-k Teacher
    Current Employee - Lead Pre-k Teacher

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time

Pros

Positively influencing the children, the opportunity to teach without the pressure of standardized testing, caring and cooperative co-workers

Cons

Lesser benefits, lack of retirement plans, and lower pay than what's offered by state school systems

Advice to Management

Fight for benefits comparable to those of a school system for your degreed, high-achieving staff members as an incentive to retain those educators and not experience the constant high turnover rates

7. Good place to work

Pros

Family oriented atmosphere, everyone works as a team.

Cons

Long hours, not all holidays are closed

8. Working here is fun, and I learn something new everyday.

Current Employee - Childcare in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Childcare in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Childcare Network part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the best reasons of working here is, that I meet new people all the time, I spend time with a lot of children, and I love the attachment/bond that I have developed with the children.

Cons

The downsides of working here are rare, because the people that I work with are respectful, nice and have great potential and that's something I enjoy being around, its my motivation to reach my future goals.

Advice to Management

My advice is pretty much the same for anyone, and that is to trust yourself with the decisions you make, and that in order to receive respect you have to give it.

9. Great company to work for. It is truly all about the children

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Flexible hours, most directors usually great with working with their employees, allowing them to bring new ideas to the table, as well as working with them to grow as teachers.

Cons

Cooperate doesn't visit the centers enough, leaving big picture things unattended too, such as playground equipment replacement ect. Doesn't pay a fair rate, seems almost impossible to get raises to employees that deserve them.

Advice to Management

Keep an open mind to teachers or employees that have concerns. There is a lot of responsibility being director, but don't let all of the stress from that let you forget important issues or even ideas from being addressed. Listen to your staff. They aren't just worker bees, they need to be heard

10. Very demanding

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere among co workers

Cons

This company does not take into consideration the different things that their employees go through. You do not receive sick pay until you work for a year. Working in child care you get sick often. it is also nearly impossible to get vacation time. Childcare network does not allow the employees off on most traditional holidays. For example; we do not receive good Friday or veterans day. we also don't get new years eve as well as Christmas eve.

Advice to Management

Try to work with your employees. Don't over work them. Make sure they are getting off work on time since you require them to be there on time. I understand that you are the working parents best friend but what about the employees.

11. Just ok....

Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Greensboro, NC

Pros

benefits...corporate. Children. Pay friendlyness

Cons

pay..hours.parents, gossipy staff work hours

Advice to Management

pay more.train, more details in training

RSS Feed </> Embed