Childcare Network

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Growing company that is now the 4th largest child care company in the nation.

Management (Current Employee)
    Columbus, GA

ProsGrowing company with a focus on the care and education of children from infants to school age children. Each location has the opportunity to impact many children who would not typically have access to a quality preschool environment. Many of the staff have been with the company for many years.

ConsQuality of each program comes back to the managment and staff at each facility. There are many fantastic schools out there with extremely dedicated staff.

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompassionate, caring, knowledgeable, educated Teachers

ConsLarger facility, longer hours of operation

Great company, Horrible Upper Management

Management (Former Employee)

ProsCompany is very big on promoting within. If your performance is up or above standard it is very easy to advance within the company. Training is provided to ensure that you are providing quality education to the children. For the most part, achievements are acknowledged and rewarded.

ConsLong term employees are allowed to get away with murder. DMs who don't provide the necessary support to their subordinates is in turn supported in shifting blame to their subordinates. Corporate does not listen to the anyone below the District Manager level when it comes to improving schools or employment issues. Work you like a dog and then fire you without any remorse.

Advice to Senior ManagementTenure should not equal ability to manage.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corruption from Above

ProsIf you like working with kids, that's what you're doing. You're treated like a teacher, and are encouraged to further your education.

ConsLow pay. The way issues are handled is completely wrong. DMs try to cover up issues in the schools by shifting the blame to the teachers instead of fixing the basic problems. Little budget to work with.

Management want employees to come to work sick, exposing the children

Teacher (Former Employee)
    Conyers, GA

ProsI was hired the next week after my credentials checked out

ConsI was not allowed to call in sick or I would loose my job. I was on 90 day probation and was threatened that I would be fired if I called in sick. So I went to work sick, made a mistake and was discharged. Either way I would have been fired for calling in sick. Management wants employees to come in to work around children, even if they have cough, fever, congestion and diarrhea

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to allow employees to call off if they are sick. Children and parents should not be exposed to staff that are sick and contagious. Management said she has never called off even when she had diarrhea in her car, but she didn't care about the children because she knew she was sick and exposed herself to the children. That is not good managment

i was able to complete various training hours

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proschildren are precious; they have good benefits

Consoverworked and underpaid; no advancement in daycare setting

SOMEONE NEEDS TO CHECK ON THIS CENTER

Teacher (Former Employee)
    Garner, NC

Proschildren are the only good thing!

Consmean, belligerent, just not a nice person and that is the DIRECTOR!
    when they took over all the original staff was treated so badly they left.
    Many parents voiced opinions and were told there's the door...many daycare's in Garner to choose from.
    Go through teachers like mad! 7 toddler/waddler teachers in a MONTH!
    Children are numbers to most of the staff and definitely the front office.
    Pay is minimal too...go by "paper" certification not longevity. Did not keep word from the buyout.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate needs to really look into this center and NOT go my the directors "account of what is happening". Teachers are NOT just numbers.We are there to help and educate the young minds of children...can't do that if they get rid of the good ones and the ones left are looking for new jobs! Very racist as well: all the white teachers were gone within 3 months!

Former Teacher, Very Displeased

Assistant (Former Employee)

Prosworking with kids; isn't that why anyone would want to work in childcare?

Consteachers not respected by management
    many teachers allowed to get away with breaking rules
    new teachers are lucky if they last; they either get let go or they get run off by rude and downright mean coworkers and directors
    low pay, no real opportunities for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementBe patient with newer teachers and train them
    don't believe gossip from disgruntled favorites who've worked there a long time
    understand that teachers have family and life issues and need time off, etc.
    check more often to see what's really going on with teachers and kids. How are the long term teachers getting away with being so hateful and the perfectly decent teachers are getting bad evaluations?

Save yourself the trouble.

Lead Teacher (Current Employee)

ProsYou get to work with kids.

Cons-Lousy co-workers
    -Management takes no action
    -Pay is minimal
    -No extra compensation earned from overtime
    -No loyalty to employees
    -Hours are cut regularly
    -Put money before children
    -Teachers that hate children

Advice to Senior ManagementActually try to do a decent job taking care of your employees and the children, instead of shrugging it off.

Beware

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with the children and parents. Health benefits were decent.

ConsManagement. Pay. District Manager was/is racists.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest for corporate to listen to their employees that work at the bottom of the chain. The people they hire don't always do what they are suppose to do. The teachers are not lying when they something is going on.

Worked for Childcare Network? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Childcare Network reviews and ratings. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Childcare Network employees.