Childcare Network Reviews

Updated August 21, 2014
Updated August 21, 2014

2.2

CEO

I enjoyed the kids. I love working in a postive work places.

Former Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Childcare Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having a goal as a team in a work places in other words good leadership and benefiting from the kids watching them grow..

Cons

if you have kids trying to blance work and time with them but also getting days off was hard

Growing company that is now the 4th largest child care company in the nation.

Current Employee - Management  in  Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Management in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing company with a focus on the care and education of children from infants to school age children. Each location has the opportunity to impact many children who would not typically have access to a quality preschool environment. Many of the staff have been with the company for many years.

Cons

Quality of each program comes back to the managment and staff at each facility. There are many fantastic schools out there with extremely dedicated staff.

Good

I worked at Childcare Network

Pros

Compassionate, caring, knowledgeable, educated Teachers

Cons

Larger facility, longer hours of operation

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, Horrible Upper Management

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Childcare Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company is very big on promoting within. If your performance is up or above standard it is very easy to advance within the company. Training is provided to ensure that you are providing quality education to the children. For the most part, achievements are acknowledged and rewarded.

Cons

Long term employees are allowed to get away with murder. DMs who don't provide the necessary support to their subordinates is in turn supported in shifting blame to their subordinates. Corporate does not listen to the anyone below the District Manager level when it comes to improving schools or employment issues. Work you like a dog and then fire you without any remorse.

Tenure should not equal ability to manage.

Corruption from Above

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time

Pros

If you like working with kids, that's what you're doing. You're treated like a teacher, and are encouraged to further your education.

Cons

Low pay. The way issues are handled is completely wrong. DMs try to cover up issues in the schools by shifting the blame to the teachers instead of fixing the basic problems. Little budget to work with.

Horrible place to work.

Former Employee - Lead Teacher 3's  in  Yorktown, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher 3's in Yorktown, VA

I worked at Childcare Network

Pros

A love for children you get to do what you want in your classroom.
    Great 401K match from company

Cons

Parents always angry at the director.
    Director never communicates with you.
    Your left in the dark about everything.
    Low Pay.

Spend some time in teachers classroom and see what we do everyday, quit coming to us only when a parent is upset and keep teachers informed.

worked for 10+ years ,couldn't count on corp.to treat me as I should have been,no respect.VP hired DM's who did trust me

Former Employee - Assistant Director  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Director in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Childcare Network full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I liked my coworkers and respected my director because she made my work worth while and educational.

Cons

We did not have good benefits, limited vacation time( could only grow to 3 weeks a year even after 10 years.) Freeze on raises for 3 years.

I was employed for 10+ years and in my 10th year our director died from cancer and no corporate personnel came to the memorial service. They awarded her an award, after she died but the new director who they hired( not a prior CNI employee,) was the person who received that award and she never had met our director and friend who died. I think corp. should have had a representative who knew her and loved her there to receive the award.

Management want employees to come to work sick, exposing the children

Former Employee - Teacher  in  Conyers, GA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Conyers, GA

I worked at Childcare Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was hired the next week after my credentials checked out

Cons

I was not allowed to call in sick or I would loose my job. I was on 90 day probation and was threatened that I would be fired if I called in sick. So I went to work sick, made a mistake and was discharged. Either way I would have been fired for calling in sick. Management wants employees to come in to work around children, even if they have cough, fever, congestion and diarrhea

Management needs to allow employees to call off if they are sick. Children and parents should not be exposed to staff that are sick and contagious. Management said she has never called off even when she had diarrhea in her car, but she didn't care about the children because she knew she was sick and exposed herself to the children. That is not good managment

i was able to complete various training hours

I worked at Childcare Network

Pros

children are precious; they have good benefits

Cons

overworked and underpaid; no advancement in daycare setting

All about Profit!

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher
    Former Employee - Preschool Teacher

I worked at Childcare Network part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a job. that's all

Cons

Teachers are unqualified, leaving you to do more work. Your hours get cut when they can. Teacher is expected to have MAX number of children at all times--the profit is the company's highest priority. So whatever the max ratio is, that is what the teacher will get, not less. Not enough activities and toys for children. They do not care about learning and a good atmosphere. It is about getting the parents to pay, keeping them, sending them home and hoping you don't get sued. It is minimum wage--the employee handbook specifies that employees can only get raises on an annual basis.

Other day cares care about their children, not just the profit

Worked for Childcare Network? Contribute to the Community!