Childcare Network Reviews

Updated August 21, 2014

2.1

CEO

Beware

I worked at Childcare Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with the children and parents. Health benefits were decent.

Cons

Management. Pay. District Manager was/is racists.

I would suggest for corporate to listen to their employees that work at the bottom of the chain. The people they hire don't always do what they are suppose to do. The teachers are not lying when they something is going on.

Made me hate my job :/

Former Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Arlington, TX

I worked at Childcare Network part-time for less than a year

Pros

weekends off... sometimes, was able to work with children on a daily basis, easy clock in procedure

Cons

no flexibility, poor management, only 15 minutes to clean and close at the end of the night, existing employees wouldnt speak to new workers, no communication, screaming and yelling often, child to teacher ratio very high, i had 20 kids by myself, low pay, babies always crying, staff in trouble for things they were never notified of.

communicate with staff without yelling, provide tour of facility at time of interview or hire

Great company, Horrible Upper Management

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Childcare Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company is very big on promoting within. If your performance is up or above standard it is very easy to advance within the company. Training is provided to ensure that you are providing quality education to the children. For the most part, achievements are acknowledged and rewarded.

Cons

Long term employees are allowed to get away with murder. DMs who don't provide the necessary support to their subordinates is in turn supported in shifting blame to their subordinates. Corporate does not listen to the anyone below the District Manager level when it comes to improving schools or employment issues. Work you like a dog and then fire you without any remorse.

Tenure should not equal ability to manage.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quick burnout and lack of support from management.

Former Employee - Teacher  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Childcare Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you enjoy working with children, you get to work with children and teach a good curriculum, some paid holidays.

Cons

Low wages, very little vacation or sick time, lousy benefits, difficult and often unpredictable schedules, lack of support from management, disrespectful management, lack of promotion possibilities, no respect for family/life balance, they hire people who don't actually like kids and the work is just a job to them, which drags down the good teachers.

Treat your teachers like professionals and not just bodies filling a position. Respect your employees' home lives and don't throw a fit when they ask for a day off.

Horrible place to work.

Former Employee - Lead Teacher 3's  in  Yorktown, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher 3's in Yorktown, VA

I worked at Childcare Network

Pros

A love for children you get to do what you want in your classroom.
    Great 401K match from company

Cons

Parents always angry at the director.
    Director never communicates with you.
    Your left in the dark about everything.
    Low Pay.

Spend some time in teachers classroom and see what we do everyday, quit coming to us only when a parent is upset and keep teachers informed.

Corruption from Above

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time

Pros

If you like working with kids, that's what you're doing. You're treated like a teacher, and are encouraged to further your education.

Cons

Low pay. The way issues are handled is completely wrong. DMs try to cover up issues in the schools by shifting the blame to the teachers instead of fixing the basic problems. Little budget to work with.

Worked for Childcare Network? Contribute to the Community!