Children Of America

Updated May 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Thad Pryor

Aside from the lack of communication that occurs regularly, the company is a decent company to be employed by.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Delray Beach, FL

ProsThe people who work there are wonderful, management is understanding when it comes to working with the employees, the hours of operation were conducive to me.

ConsThe lack of communication, the lack of follow through with promises (both good and bad), the lack of openness with the current director of HR, lack of comfort bringing up issues within the company

Advice to Senior Managementask the employees how they feel about a situation and actually take into consideration what they mentioned. Please don't take an erroneous situation and brush it under the rug- this is our jobs we are talking about.

working there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosclose to home from where I reside

Conscompany needs to hire more employees

Going downhill

Lead Teacher (Current Employee) Fredericksburg, VA

ProsThe wonderful children I have met

ConsEverything? I have been with this company for 6 years and it has gone downhill for sure. Management has changed several times and no one can keep up with the center. They are not understanding of life outside of work at all. They care nothing for their employees. You are over worked and underpaid or you have your hours cut. You can only get 40 hours in a work week so when you should have gotten off at 5 but your still there at 6 you spend the next day on a 2 hour break to make up for that time. You think your focus is on the kids?? No. They have you doing stupid stuff to your classroom all the time to make it "uniform" They are taking the life out of this childcare. DO NOT WORK HERE!!

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about the kids!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HUGE workload and expectations for VERY little pay.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe children and families are the only reason to work there.

ConsThe pay is laughable. Management gossips about staff and parents. They will make you work later and take extra long breaks so you don't get paid 40 hours. They will change your hours in the computer to less than you worked so you have to constantly check to be sure your hours are correct.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need help because people in charge care nothing about the families or staff.

Mismanaged

ProsGreat fairly new facility. Hours are perfect for a teacher looking for part time work. Diverse student body. Not much else

ConsManagement is far too lax. Not enough disciplinary support for teachers and little accountability for irresponsible teachers. Also inconsistent in providing hours, breaks, and notification for changes in the schedule

Kids are amazing, coworkers are great, parents are difficult. Usual Childcare stuff.

Teacher (Former Employee)

ProsBetter money than most childcare companies, the company tends to promote from within for the most part, you have some say in what ages you work with

ConsDisorganization within management = chaos for the rest of us, kids get bumped around into different rooms far too much, too much "flexibility" for parents (ie, parents choosing which teacher they get, whether their child's friends stay in the same class, when they transition into the next room etc)

Advice to Senior ManagementGet organized, and make policies.... then stick to them!

Great teachers, horrible administration!

Lead Teacher (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat teachers, good families and wonderful kids

Conspoor pay, poor benefits, illegally mixing different aged children, directors would adjust hours to make their bottom line look better, lesson plans are not complete, and just treating employees poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like people - a majority of your teachers want to do well and work hard. Your lesson plans and classroom set-ups hinder creativity and growth within the center. In the long run you are doing yourselves a disservice and eventually parents will catch on and find new places to take their children.

Not a place to go if you want any chance for advancement

Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) Menomonee Falls, WI

Prosthe kids as in any daycare

Consno yearly raise, corporate micro manages everything, kids shuffled around WAY to much, management has way to many responsibilities but yet can't utilize extra staff because corporate cares too much about overtime and payroll

Advice to Senior Managementtake a look at the people you are hiring and people you are neglecting without us you dont have center take better care of us

Do Not Work At This Location!!

Lead Teacher (Former Employee) Port Jefferson, NY

ProsChildren of America is a beautiful facility with an awesome curriculum and plenty of resources for teachers. Also corporate provides and abundance of training.

ConsAs an experienced teacher with an impeccable record I am writing the first negative review of my life. Job seeker please heed my advice: DO NOT WORK AT THIS LOCATION! Director did not listen to teachers regarding needed support and unsafe conditions for children. Illegally mixed age groups. When asked the director for support for a child with additional needs who was extremely disruptive, I was told to just "deal with it" since I was within ratio. The children are moved back and forth from one age group to another to stay within ratio. Everyday 18 month old children are put in with 4+ year olds. Focus of management was appearance of building over welfare of children. Unrealistic expectations of employees --mop entire building upon closing, close own classroom, care for children while assisting parents as they pick up children-- the next morning employees are berated for not clocking out within 10 minutes of last child. The employee morale at this location was very low due to employees being criticized on a regular basis. Worst of all if an employee calls in sick the director will slash that persons hours so he/she does not have work for the next 2 weeks. TERRIBLE TREATMENT!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace this director with one who can create a happy working environment. This will result in happy children, happy parents and a Full child care center. Good luck!

ProsI do not have any.

ConsI interviewed few years ago at Children of America. The interviewer gave me a hard time about being in the Army National Guard. Years latter I see them spamming jobs over and over. I applied online and drop off my resume in person at one of there locations. However I hear nothing. Why?

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher/interview me/someone who knows the job. Who has the experience and education to do the job. That way you don't have to keep spamming your job.

Worked for Children Of America? Contribute to the Community!