Children Of America

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014
2.4

Thad Pryor

Work load is overwhelming!

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children Of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

The children, most of my coworkers and director.

Cons

Corporate cares to much about money and extra staff is constantly being sent home early rather then given prep time to work on the new curriculum and lesson plans. To much paperwork and not enough focus on the kids.

Start caring more about your employees and if you're going to implement a new curriculum give them the time they need to get familiar with it and time to set up the room accordingly. And PAY them for their time! Also give an employee discount that is higher than you give the general public. Seriously you pay so little why not a bigger discount? How do you expect your employees to afford daycare?!

Children are injured and the teachers and management do not take up the responsibility!

Current Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Avon, IN
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Avon, IN

I have been working at Children Of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

No good reason to work

Cons

Worst management, the teachers are overloaded with extra work so they do not pay attention to the toddler kids who end up getting injured

working there

I worked at Children Of America

Pros

close to home from where I reside

Cons

company needs to hire more employees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Going downhill

Current Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Children Of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The wonderful children I have met

Cons

Everything? I have been with this company for 6 years and it has gone downhill for sure. Management has changed several times and no one can keep up with the center. They are not understanding of life outside of work at all. They care nothing for their employees. You are over worked and underpaid or you have your hours cut. You can only get 40 hours in a work week so when you should have gotten off at 5 but your still there at 6 you spend the next day on a 2 hour break to make up for that time. You think your focus is on the kids?? No. They have you doing stupid stuff to your classroom all the time to make it "uniform" They are taking the life out of this childcare. DO NOT WORK HERE!!

Think about the kids!

HUGE workload and expectations for VERY little pay.

I worked at Children Of America

Pros

The children and families are the only reason to work there.

Cons

The pay is laughable. Management gossips about staff and parents. They will make you work later and take extra long breaks so you don't get paid 40 hours. They will change your hours in the computer to less than you worked so you have to constantly check to be sure your hours are correct.

They need help because people in charge care nothing about the families or staff.

Aside from the lack of communication that occurs regularly, the company is a decent company to be employed by.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Delray Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Delray Beach, FL

I worked at Children Of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people who work there are wonderful, management is understanding when it comes to working with the employees, the hours of operation were conducive to me.

Cons

The lack of communication, the lack of follow through with promises (both good and bad), the lack of openness with the current director of HR, lack of comfort bringing up issues within the company

ask the employees how they feel about a situation and actually take into consideration what they mentioned. Please don't take an erroneous situation and brush it under the rug- this is our jobs we are talking about.

Mismanaged

I have been working at Children Of America

Pros

Great fairly new facility. Hours are perfect for a teacher looking for part time work. Diverse student body. Not much else

Cons

Management is far too lax. Not enough disciplinary support for teachers and little accountability for irresponsible teachers. Also inconsistent in providing hours, breaks, and notification for changes in the schedule

Kids are amazing, coworkers are great, parents are difficult. Usual Childcare stuff.

Former Employee - Teacher
    Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Children Of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Better money than most childcare companies, the company tends to promote from within for the most part, you have some say in what ages you work with

Cons

Disorganization within management = chaos for the rest of us, kids get bumped around into different rooms far too much, too much "flexibility" for parents (ie, parents choosing which teacher they get, whether their child's friends stay in the same class, when they transition into the next room etc)

Get organized, and make policies.... then stick to them!

Great teachers, horrible administration!

Current Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children Of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great teachers, good families and wonderful kids

Cons

poor pay, poor benefits, illegally mixing different aged children, directors would adjust hours to make their bottom line look better, lesson plans are not complete, and just treating employees poorly.

Treat your employees like people - a majority of your teachers want to do well and work hard. Your lesson plans and classroom set-ups hinder creativity and growth within the center. In the long run you are doing yourselves a disservice and eventually parents will catch on and find new places to take their children.

Not a place to go if you want any chance for advancement

Current Employee - Classroom Teacher  in  Menomonee Falls, WI
    Current Employee - Classroom Teacher in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Children Of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

the kids as in any daycare

Cons

no yearly raise, corporate micro manages everything, kids shuffled around WAY to much, management has way to many responsibilities but yet can't utilize extra staff because corporate cares too much about overtime and payroll

take a look at the people you are hiring and people you are neglecting without us you dont have center take better care of us

Worked for Children Of America? Contribute to the Community!