Children's Creative Learning Centers Reviews

Thomas Pinnau

1. nonstop gossip and no support from admin

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Children's Creative Learning Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

working with the families is the only good thing

Cons

admins do nothing to stop gossip and spread rumors themselves, they put on a good face for tours but nothing is the way they say it is

Advice to Management

GROW UP AND ACT PROFESSIONAL

2. Teacher

Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Amazing teachers, children and families.

Cons

Horrible benefits.
    Limited opportunity for growth in company.
    Annual pay increase is based on performance review and maximum is 5%.

Advice to Management

Invest in quality teachers, incentives for retention, longevity, and consistency within our classrooms for our children. Provide us with adequate resources and support so we can perform our optimal best at work.

3. Sickening.

I worked at Children's Creative Learning Centers

Pros

The children, of course and, some very cool parents.

Cons

Absolutely the worst company that i have ever worked for. It was very clear that the company cared much more about marketing, advertisement and documentation than actually caring for the children. Therefore the teachers were expendable as well and, made to feel so.

Advice to Management

do something else.

5. It was such a crazy environment

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Children's Creative Learning Centers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

kids were fun to work with

Cons

had no discipline kids ran the place

Advice to Management

pay more than minimum wage....

A Place Where Professionals Regress

Former Employee - Once A Professional At the Corporate Office
    Former Employee - Once A Professional At the Corporate Office

I worked at Children's Creative Learning Centers

Pros

everyone is in the same boat: the boat of misery
    decent benefits

Cons

no professional development
    horrible turnover rate
    zero transparency
    horrible senior level management- awful management from the top down
    zero accountability
    zero employee engagement
    zero chance of advancement
    horrible favoritism
    unreliable

Advice to Management

creating a healthy work environment requires commitment from the top: unfortunately a lack of leads to the current work environment: a place where many of your employees are miserable with no chance of advancement unless they leave all together. no wonder more than half of your corporate employees jumped ship.

stay away from any opportunity to work here. like many others, you will regret it.

Very stressful work environemnt with few opportuntiies to advance

I worked at Children's Creative Learning Centers

Pros

They used to pay higher than average teacher salaries (which still isn't much) but over the years that has changed.

Cons

There is a hug gap between administrators and teacher - very little support in general.

Advice to Management

Increase teacher salaries regularly based on merit and education/professional development attainments.

8. It was OK...

Former Employee - Toddler/Preschool Teacher in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Toddler/Preschool Teacher in Washington, DC

I worked at Children's Creative Learning Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I gave it 2-stars because I liked the people that I worked alongside and the benefits package was OK. They also paid for my CDA.

Cons

Bottom line, it is about putting money in the CEO's pocket. I found the amount charged for the location (no windows for the children, no natural light for the infants, etc) horrendous and shocking.

Advice to Management

Care about the service you are providing. Not everything is about money.

Adult teachers that act like children, teaching children.

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher
    Former Employee - Preschool Teacher

I worked at Children's Creative Learning Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love that all the CCLC's are on a different pay scale. Apply for a few in the area and see which one gives you the best hourly salary. If you work at a higher paying CCLC, you get nice perks: spending money (within budget) on your classroom every month. You get bonuses once a year (sometimes) that makes up for the low pay that Early Educators get.

Cons

Teachers are more interested in socializing than caring for the children. Administration says there is always room to grow and climb up the ladder within the company. Yes, if the administration loves you. No, if they don't like you (it doesn't matter if you're an excellent teacher and you work harder than others at providing a quality school environment filled with enriching curriculum). Teachers sometimes can be disrespectful and unprofessional towards each other. Why do you think there is a high turnover rate here?

Advice to Management

Stop gossiping (among yourselves) and trying to pry information (out of other teachers) to see how teachers are doing. You need to fire some teachers who are no good for the center. The center (building) was awesome, but the individuals who make up the center, needs a lot of work. Administration: I know you notice this but doesn't it bother you that teachers think it's a good idea to talk WHILE YOU are talking/teaching something???????

Great Teachers, Good Pay, Terrible Management

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Children's Creative Learning Centers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The families are wonderful to work with, and expect only the best care and education for their children, which we provide. My fellow teachers all have the same commitment and work ethic as I do,and are kind and caring. The salary is above average, we have full benefits, including childcare for our own children, at a 50% discount. We are very well known in the community, and have very long waiting lists for each age group of children, which pretty much insures that there will not be any employee lay-offs in the near future.

Cons

Favoritism and retaliatory practices abound within the lower levels of management, which affects the morale of all of the teachers. When issues were voiced to the managements' superiors, the problems were basically "swept under the carpet", and the teacher's who brought the issues up, were either demoted or categorized as being, "stressed", and "maybe needed a position, elsewhere".

Advice to Management

Visit different schools unannounced, so that lower management can be observed in their true light. Visit each classroom and ask teachers for their input, positive or negative. Observe how teachers interact with the children in the classroom setting, and have a "meet and greet" with the parents. Ask the parents for their thoughts and recommendations on their child's teacher.

Great program for families but not for employees.

Current Employee - Teacher in Stanford, CA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Stanford, CA

I have been working at Children's Creative Learning Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They strive for high quality childcare and provide that to the families. We get to create meaningful relationships with families and coworkers.

Cons

There is a lot expected of us such as curriculum being completed by a certain day each week and prep work to be done but we are not provided with the support needed (such as time) to complete that work. Also, benefits are not good. And 5 days of sick/vacation are given a year. Not nearly enough when dealing with sick kiddos' germs on a daily basis!

Advice to Management

Better benefits and more support would be great!

RSS Feed </> Embed