Children's Health System

Children's Health System Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Warren

Overall, CHS is a good place to works

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsCommunity Support / Family Values / Flexibility

ConsLimited Growth Opportunities / Management Support

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport employees in regards to decisions made - especially when "others" come back because policies don't go along with their personal requests

Okay

CNA (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsI was a CNA and I enjoyed working with my patients. I also enjoyed some of the staff.

ConsVery low pay and my experience of being an LPN in the Air Force did not give me any credit or allow me to use it towards my job. I left straight from the AF and came to work and CHS, it seemed like I got demoted. I went from getting around $15-16/hr to $9/hr. I also was starting IV's, doing blood draws, suturing up lacerations, putting in G-tubes and J-tubes, working in GI removing polyps in, assisting in ERCP's, assisting in colonoscopies, and so much more. Then at CHS all I could do was vital signs and change bedding. The work was tough and not worth $9/hr. Some of the nurses and doctors are cocky and if you aren't a nurse or doctor they feel that they are superior to you.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that YOU are an average person just like everyone else. It takes every employee to make that hospital work all the way from the workers in the cafeteria to housekeeping and up to the neurosurgeons to the CEO. It'd be better if the work place was more of a "WORK PLACE" where everyone works along side each other instead of a high school click.

Good place to work, still needs to grow up

Information Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsGreat organization, great mission in this community.

ConsBelow-average salary, "small shop" mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementReign in the middle management. They have promoted to their current positions simply by remaining employed longer than other candidates, and may not have the skills to perform their job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Children's Health System: An excellent place to work and grow in a career and in life.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsThe hospital management is very supportive of personal and professional growth. They are understanding of family issues and give their employees the time and support needed to manage all of the areas of their lives. For example they have a day care program for new mothers where the new babies can attend up to 6 months of age and where mildly ill children can be cared for while their parents are working.

ConsI haven't found many "downsides." With as many employees as Children's has, you know there will be differences of opinions but I haven't had any problems that couldn't be resolved. The management even encourages classes that help us learn to problem solve and give constructive feedback. These classes aren't just for the management team either.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support career and personal development among your employees.

Worked for Children's Health System? Contribute to the Community!