Children's Hospital Central California

www.childrenscentralcal.org

Children's Hospital Central California Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Such a great experience. Loved it. But some nurses were pretty rude.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Madera, CA

ProsWorking at childrens' hospital was a great experience and personal growth opportunity for me. I really enjoyed the upbeat environment of the playroom. There was always something going on around the hospital and other employees were very friendly and open to meeting new people.

ConsOften when I would go to check up on children, some nurses would be very rude to me. I would ask a question and they would respond in a very rude manner or barely even answer my question at all. I felt as if they didn't not respect me whatsoever.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a whole, leadership does a decent job with their employees. I would just like to see them encouraging their employees to have better attitudes toward other employees to create a more wholesome and united environment.

Used to be a good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNever a dull moment. There was always something going on. Proven ability to function on a tight budget. Tremendous potential yet to be met.

ConsThis place has gone downhill. When I first started working here, it was a good place to work, but over the years I had witnessed a downward spiral in the company culture and mentality. The patient has lost its status as highest priority. There is no change here, just a commitment to the same ol' same ol'. Common sense? Extinct here. Management is going insane by telling employees that things are going to get better by doing the same thing. Then what happens? Things get worse! There exists a culture of doing the same thing over and over again with the same results. The workload has increased with not enough resources, and management won't budge on hiring more employees to ease this burden. As a result, current employees feel overworked and overstressed.

There exists obvious favoritism in this organization. The weakest links and unqualified get hired and recognized while the strongest performers get punished, disrespected and underappreciated. Teamwork is like a foreign language in this organization. Employees are generally selfish and do not know how to work together. There is no sense of community or support here, rather diverted blame and no accountability. Employees are more concerned with being lazy, incompetent, childish, spiteful and apathetic. Basically, they go to work for the paycheck. The atmosphere of incessant chatter, ear-piercing laughter, constant absenteeism, distractions such as singing/humming, foot-tapping/stomping, gum-snapping, phone vibrating and personal phone calls on work time is not conducive to productivity and does not create camaraderie.

Bad hires have contributed to a very hostile work environment and have lost this organization a lot of money. The lack of change in this place only perpetuates this and chases off the best workers. This place has suffered a decline, and as a result, has a very long road ahead of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide much better leadership. Stop abuse of power, stop the micromanagement, eliminate the condescending behavior and get rid of the status quo. Become agents of change in order to create a culture of change for the better. LISTEN to the employees' concerns. When there is a problem, be proactive in getting to the root of it, and fix it. Do not ignore the problem or cover it up while letting it get worse. Do not fix what isn't broken. For example, if a certain software was functioning properly, do not get new software that is not user friendly and causes productivity problems. Stop the competing priorities. The highest priority is the patient. Management and HR need to make much better hires, and provide better onboarding and training to new hires. If there are employees that need improvement, implement an effective performance improvement plan. If they cannot or will not improve after all efforts have been made, do not retain them. Stop the reactive mentality and become much more proactive within reason. If you want the best and brightest, then look for them and hire them, don't just settle for someone without the proper credentials, experience, maturity and quality.

Proud to work at a company that fills a great need in the area.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Madera, CA

ProsMission - provide outstanding healthcare to children regardless of their ability to pay.

ConsVery conservative, need to consider suggestions and not be so quick to dismiss ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementReact and implement ideas from employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

REG NURSE (Current Employee) Madera, CA

Prosgood teaching hospital and policy reviews

Conslittle respect for senior empoyees

Poor,stressful with lack of support

RN Periop (Former Employee) Madera, CA

ProsWorking with the kids
    Fun place to work
    Performing a service for the community that no other hospital can give
    Worked at Childrens for over 20 years

ConsMgmt not responsive to employees concerns
    Elitist attitude
    Poor communication between mgmt and staff
    Poor training/continuing ed
    Poor backup of employees with any parent complaint
    Wages less than surrounding hospitals although they hotly deny it. Constantly reminded of payor mix with a very high(70%+)welfare and the need to work for the greater good

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the elitist attitude. Mgmt is not better than staff. Try to embrace the environment, the comraderie and the attitude before the big move. It was a much more loving and caring place to work then. Not everyone was around then and they don't care. Taking care of a child is so much more difficult when education lacks as well as mgmt support. Shame on you.

Very happy with my job!!

RN/Periop Services (Current Employee) Madera, CA

ProsIt is fun.
    Staff stick around many staff 20+ years
    We are a magnet hospital.
    Working conditions are great.
    Given time to work on projects to improve yourself and help staff develop.
    Education reinbursiment.
    On going training new technology.
    Opportunities to work with the community at large to improve safety to the pedatric populations in the Central valley of Calif.
    Are insurance is well liked in the community at large.

ConsWe have become more of business then taking care of kids. Model of healty care now is wrong. It should be the kids and familys first in needs then the business part.
    Are healty insurance should be the same for all not tiered.
    When a problem is found fix it; no matter what it takes or the work that is needed to fix it. Computer system needs to be based current with what is on the market now! Not 20 year systems or miss matched systems.
    Senior leadership needs to listen to the staff about the problems not make more problems for patient care or delay in care.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of who is working an listen to the ones doing the work.

great place to work

Prosin the business to provide wellness and sincerity

Consnot enough advancement within the corporation

Worked for Children's Hospital Central California? Contribute to the Community!