Children's Learning Adventure

Updated September 30, 2014
Updated September 30, 2014
3.7

Rick Sodja

A Company Unlike Any Other In The Industry!

Current Employee - Director in Keller, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Keller, TX

I have been working at Children's Learning Adventure full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The training for teachers and managers alike is leagues above anywhere else. 40 hours of training for every teacher before they begin their role in the classroom. With Managers, the team trains for 6-8 weeks before a new school opens (and the company pays for travel expenses too!) Children's Learning Adventure offers paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick time (something that very few other companies in the industry do!) They also offer a nice medical and life insurance benefit for salaried employees and a child care discount for Managers. They make it a pleasure to work for them.

Cons

There really aren't any. Their business model is so different from other child care centers but they provide you with all of the training and resources to make it successful. You can't ask for more.

Thank you for being so hands on with your schools. In a company that is growing so quickly like this one there is still a very personal relationship with higher level Management. It's a rarity in today's world to keep such a personal touch like that and it's something I value about this company.

Educational Specialist for over a year

Current Employee - Educational Specialist in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Educational Specialist in Mesa, AZ

Pros

I love coming to work every day. The teachers are amazing- even corporate visitors ask how we managed to find so many outstanding educators. The team is fun and dedicated to the children in their care. This is, hands down, my favorite job of my entire career.

Cons

I honestly have nothing to say here. My husband laughs at me because I won't stop talking about how lucky I am to love coming to work so much.

Keep up the positive feedback, we appreciate it!

Office Assistant

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Henderson, NV

Pros

Working at Children’s Learning Adventure in Henderson the most important thing to me is the management and coworkers. Shaunte and Skye are amazing and have taught me so much since I started. They are always working hard to make our team strong and close, they plan team building events and constantly do little things like staff BBQ's and manager events show their appreciation.

There is a lot of room to grow with this company. Everything is very organized and you can learn a lot quickly.

This best part of working at Children’s Learning Adventure is environment and how well the building is taken care of. When things are broken they are quickly fixed or replaced. This is a school that you can be proud to give tours in and know when you walk through the school will be presentable; unlike places I have worked in the past.

Cons

The industry as a whole can be low paying, but they do have annual raises.

A Company to Grow With!!

Current Employee - Director in Goodyear, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at Children's Learning Adventure full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

An opportunity to work in a state- of -the art preschool and childcare that offers the best environment and programs for children hands down. In my 20+ years in the industry the company has literally put in place for children all of the things that over the years I "wished" a company would do. There is ample opportunity for personal growth and career advancement. Compensation is very competitive. CLA offers me an opportunity to share in the success of the company, like no other in the business.

Cons

No benefits or childcare discount for teaching staff, however these benefits do become available at the management level. It is a company that offers unlimited opportunity for advancement, so for those look work their way up it is ideal.

Some limited benefits / discounts for hourly staff and teachers would definitely be attractive to candidates.

Children's Learning Adventure truly allows for you to grow with the company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

I have worked for Children's Learning Adventure for almost five years now. I can still recall my very first interview for a teaching position when the director who interviewed me told me, "This truly is a company you can grow with." I remember thinking, "yea right... THAT'S something I've heard before." It wasn't too long after doing my job, DOING IT WELL, and loving what I did that I got recognized for my hard work and got approached by my Regional Manager with possible management opportunities. Obviously I was thrilled and even more determined to excel in everything I did for our company.

When I entered into management, I finally saw the "other" side of things. I saw all the hard work that was put into each and every managerial position in making our schools run to the best of our ability as well-oiled machines. Unlike other childcares, we pride ourselves in the amount of managers we are able to have--each serving their own purpose. I had learned so much my first year in management. And while no two days were the same, and not easy by any means, our success was directly related to those staff members that were truly there to make a difference.

I have since been able to grow so much personally and professionally with our company in being cross-trained in so many positions that range from classroom teacher to director-in-training. I have been fortunate enough to literally watch our company expand into different regions as we continue to grow. It has been amazing to see how much work and thought has been put into building our state of the art facilities and that we continue to build on our amazing curriculum and instruction.

I look forward to my journey ahead with this company and am fortunate to be a part of the Children's Learning Adventure family.

Cons

One of the biggest cons in working for a company in general is tearing down the wall that is assumed to exist between managers and staff members. As a former teacher, I might not have always understood all that entailed the behind the scenes management responsibilities; as a current manager, it is now about ensuring that I am there to support teachers while still working through all of my responsibilities. Through it all, it is knowing that TOGETHER, we are ONE team.

HAPPY MANAGERS = HAPPY TEACHERS = HAPPY STUDENTS = HAPPY PARENTS!!

great job, low in care of kids

Current Employee - Teacher in Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Teacher in Henderson, NV

Pros

families are always welcome, teachers work together

Cons

communication is bad between managers, its all about the money, they will choice parents word over yours

Lacking everything

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Children's Learning Adventure full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Just the kids and some of the staff I met there.

Cons

Always under staffed and always out of ratio. Management doesn't know what is going on. No consistency, no communication and young staff that are always on their phone and like to gossip. Staff are not appreciated and taken advantage of.

Need to be more on top of things and more staffed

Horrible place to work!!!

Former Employee - Manager Office Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager Office Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Children's Learning Adventure full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Children that's all...The children is the only pro's of the job.... oh and the great teachers that the director treats like crap.

Cons

They offer NO benefits to staff... NO discounts on childcare. The owners are cold and only care about money!! The az Regional Manager is a joke.. she is mean and rude to staff. This place is the worst daycare out there...

Give benefits....don't let your directors run your staff away! Get educated directors who know what they are doing

Are you a fan of corporations? If so this is not for you...

Former Employee - Teacher in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Teacher in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Children's Learning Adventure full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some managers and corporate people are friendly

Cons

Bad turn over rate for teachers making it more stressful on staff.
    Not trained well enough and too many inexperienced workers.
    Too many angry staff members to make a wholesome atmosphere.

Train your staff more extensively.
    Treat your staff like you want the children treated with lots of love make them want to be there.

I have had a great experience with CLA! I enoy coming to work everday!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Children's Learning Adventure part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Staff works great with your schedule. Everyone is friendly and enjoyable to work with!

Cons

Unfortunately, they do not have direct deposit. Other than that..nothing that comes to mind!

Keep up the good work!