Childrens Hospital Los Angeles

Childrens Hospital Los Angeles Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Childrens Hospital Los Angeles President and CEO Rich Cordova

Rich Cordova

It was an amazing training experience with knowledgeable and supportive staff.

Psychology Predoctoral (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood reputation, excellent resources great clientele.

ConsThe salary could have been more competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to offer the support you
    currently provide.

Childrens Hospital Los Angeles is a wonderful place to work, grow and learn.

Registered Nurse I (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe amount of training you receive through their RN Residency program is hands down better than any program out there. Also, the experiences that you get from all of the rare cases that are sent to CHLA has grown my competency and knowledge to heights I never would have imagined.

ConsOne of the challenges of working at CHLA is that some units are favored over others. I think this may have to do with managers and managerial styles as well as the ability of managers to advocate for their staff. I think you probably find this anywhere though, it is not uncommon.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecently, there was a change for night shift employees regarding weekend differentials due to complications of our new online scheduling manager (Clairvia). Many people find this unfair. We are hoping this changes back soon. I am also hoping to get comparable pay to neighboring hospitals as well as hospitals that are ranked just as high as us in pediatrics. Thank you!

Experience at CHLA

ProsBeing the 6th best children's hospital in USA, get the best NICCU experience here

ConsNeed to be very hard working as many of these patients are of high acuity.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

RN

ProsThe residency program for new nurses is amazing. You feel well prepared once you're on your own. The particular management on my unit is organized and fair. They are approachable and take the views and opinions of the staff into consideration. Love it here!

ConsI wish the pay was more comparable to other RN pay in other hospital but I can't complain for having the opportunity to work at such a great hospital.

The atmosphere ranges from enjoyable to difficult depending on your supervisor.

Program Administrator (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsHelping sick children is always rewarding.

ConsNo set processes or systems in place. Most employees work by what they've been taught. This leads to a lot of inconsistencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up trainings and courses to get everyone on the same page.

A nighmare

ProsI'm trying to work here for the kids.

ConsThe department that I work for was very chaotic and toxic. A couple of the M.D's were the most CHILDISH bullies that I have ever worked with. Had no lunches or breaks and even came into work early. Management would avoid myself and my colleagues. Faxes were lost. Was yelled at almost daily by irate parents or companies needing information.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore employees to address the need. More organization.so that everyone is satisfied.-patients get their needs met in a timely manner, physicians have a manageable caseload, and patients do have to wait hours.

Challenging

Project Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsHelping the children get well.

ConsNo interaction with the hospital staff

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with the staff.

PCT

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWonderful staff that cares for patients. Administration is very understanding and helpful., short traing but staff works as a team, gery good with self schedules

ConsDifficult to find parking at times

Positive work environment.

ProsSpecific departments really care about the staff morale. They make sure people are treated fairly. CHLA also has a great HR department.

ConsCompared to other hospitals, same positions get paid less. That doesn't mean this is a worse place to work for.

Good Place to Work!

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsVery challenging environment since I work in a lab. I also got to meet a lot of people outside my lab personnel. Working in a hospital brings you closer to patients and gives you the drive to work harder

ConsSince I am part of the lab requests by the lab are not processed too soon which is understnadable since it is a hospital

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat Work! Keep it Up!

Worked for Childrens Hospital Los Angeles? Contribute to the Community!