Childtime Learning Center

Updated January 9, 2015
3.1

Childtime Learning Center CEO Barbara J. Beck
Barbara J. Beck

This is a very structured company. They are Very profession and care about their employees.

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They work hard to create a family friendly atmosphere for all.

Cons

Could be a little more culturally sensitive

A great place to work!

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Childtime Learning Center part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They really cared about the kids, our school director was directly involved in learning plans and the lives of the families who attended our school, and the curriculum was engaging and age appropriate.

Cons

There was little opportunity for advancement in the company, but otherwise it was one of the very best places I have every worked and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in early childhood education.

Great Place to work and move up in the Company!

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Garland, TX

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Managment willing to teach you every aspect of the job, help with continuing education in Early Childhood, trainings, and able to transfer within the company if you move.

Cons

The health insurance could be a little better.

Current employee at Childtime

Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher/Team Lead in Lathrup Village, MI
    Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher/Team Lead in Lathrup Village, MI

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are opportunities to advance from teacher assistant up to management. I have done this. I started as assistant teacher to Team lead in 3 years. I am part of management now. I enjoy my job very much. I love giving tours to potential families. I love what I do and love to show it off to families. My passion shines through and it also shows in the children. I am now Teacher of the Year and very PROUD. Anything is possible. Love what you do and you will reap your rewards.

Cons

A downside is when a co-worker calls off and the staff all have to put in a little more work to compensate for that but it all works out.

Keep up Staff morale which can be difficult at times but when you have happy and appreciated teachers the work environment just flows so nicely

Love it

Current Employee - Lead Teacher
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay is great! I loved my classroom. Its wasn't hard to get a raise. I started out at 8.00 then went to 9.83 in a year.

Cons

Coworkers, random lunch breaks, schedules always change.

Hard to work with.

assistant teacher

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher
    Current Employee - Assistant Teacher

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center part-time (less than a year)

Pros

awesome and supportive administration. adorable kids. friendly atmosphere

Cons

not a lucrative field, very little room to move up the ladder, not much possibility for wage increase

be more attuned to poor employee performance and react accordingly

Great experience!

Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Childtime Learning Center part-time

Pros

I greatly enjoyed my time working at Childtime Learning Center in Sugar Land, TX. The Assistant Principal, who creates the weekly schedule, is very flexible with each employee's schedule according to their individual needs. If you need time off, make sure to let them know ahead of time, and they will most probably accommodate your needs! The work itself can be stresfull, depending on how many kids you have, but it is overall very rewarding work! I was paid fairly well for my experience! It was a great opportunity to work with children! I learned a lot with regards to my own teaching and caring styles, in addition to learning about how a daycare/school runs.

Cons

I came onto the job towards the end of the school year. Because of that, I do not feel like I was properly trained, due to the business of the company during the time I started the job.

My experience here was excellent!

I worked at Childtime Learning Center part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Management, working with children, fun place to grow professionally

Cons

no lunch breaks, gossip, late nights, early mornings

Cut down on the gossip and favoritism

Childtime

Current Employee - Teacher in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Teacher in Akron, OH

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible, friendly, open minded, passionate

Cons

Employee schedules should give more notice

none

Great experience with the kids, frustration with the organization

Current Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Martinez, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Martinez, CA

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone starts part-time and within 6 months I was made full-time with a typically steady schedule. The kids are why I stay here--I have full creative license with my classroom, get to create supplemental curriculum and activities and build rewarding relationships with babies and their families. I feel like I am helping and molding young minds. The center is kept up pretty well: clean, caring and focused on providing children quality education and experiences. Paperwork is required, but usually a small amount of prep time and nap time makes it manageable. Parent-Teacher Conferences twice a year, and monthly parent events are a good opportunity for building relationships. Management encourages teachers to design a stimulating classroom environment which is fun.

Cons

Low pay and unorganized management leads to high part-time teacher turnover. When teachers leave on short notice the remaining staff is expected to pick up the slack (no time granted off, overtime, extra paperwork, etc.). Lack of communication means that I have to learn most of my important information by listening in to other people's conversations. They have "forgotten" to tell me that my hours were adjusted/conferences rescheduled for times when I am not usually there. Lots of gossip among the all female staff and management. New supplies for the classroom are limited and often I have to buy my own supplies if I want them. Benefits aren't really worth it--I don't use any of them.

Communicate with staff...write us notes, call us, ask us if you already talked to us about something. Make sure we know what's going on so we don't look blindsided when a parent approaches us about something we "should" have known about. Offer more full-time positions, higher pay and raises as incentives for employees to stay and build stable programs and better bonds with the children.

Childtime Learning Center Photos