Childtime Learning Center

Love it

Current Employee - Lead Teacher
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is great! I loved my classroom. Its wasn't hard to get a raise. I started out at 8.00 then went to 9.83 in a year.

Cons

Coworkers, random lunch breaks, schedules always change.

Hard to work with.

A great place to work!

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Childtime Learning Center part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They really cared about the kids, our school director was directly involved in learning plans and the lives of the families who attended our school, and the curriculum was engaging and age appropriate.

Cons

There was little opportunity for advancement in the company, but otherwise it was one of the very best places I have every worked and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in early childhood education.

assistant teacher

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher
    Current Employee - Assistant Teacher

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center part-time (less than an year)

Pros

awesome and supportive administration. adorable kids. friendly atmosphere

Cons

not a lucrative field, very little room to move up the ladder, not much possibility for wage increase

be more attuned to poor employee performance and react accordingly

It was just a job.

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Childtime Learning Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It was very beneficial to work get because at the time I had two small children and it saved a lot of money on my child care. I wad able to make lifetime friends. Not just coworkers but life long relationships with parents and their children as well.

Cons

I believe they set their expectations to high fire this type of job. The hours were crazy and everyday I souks have to take a 2 hr lunch break and clock out 2 hrs after returning. The curriculum for the infant room wad horrid. Fir a sensory activity they once suggested letting the babies play with a plastic bag. I think that right theft is enough said and should speak volumes about the curriculum. Also the lady was not near by enough commendation for the hard work that had to be done.

I think you all should raise the path. These people work to hard and get paid next to nothing. Sine Pele were there because of the childcare discounts. But now days it is pointless to work there for the benefit of cheaper child care. And the benefits package was no good. I went without medical health benefits because it was to high and just not good at all.

Great experience!

Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Childtime Learning Center part-time

Pros

I greatly enjoyed my time working at Childtime Learning Center in Sugar Land, TX. The Assistant Principal, who creates the weekly schedule, is very flexible with each employee's schedule according to their individual needs. If you need time off, make sure to let them know ahead of time, and they will most probably accommodate your needs! The work itself can be stresfull, depending on how many kids you have, but it is overall very rewarding work! I was paid fairly well for my experience! It was a great opportunity to work with children! I learned a lot with regards to my own teaching and caring styles, in addition to learning about how a daycare/school runs.

Cons

I came onto the job towards the end of the school year. Because of that, I do not feel like I was properly trained, due to the business of the company during the time I started the job.

Unfair

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The kids and the parents are so nice. The fast paced environment.

Cons

Schedule, there's never a set schedule. I get three hour breaks somedays because they don't want to hire new people to help me with my room, and I can't go over 40 hours so they send me on a break a total of 15 hours weekly. You are basically asked to bend backwards for the company but no days off or sick days are guaranteed. They always end up asking you to come in and if you don't then they punish you without a break, so working 11 hour days with no break whatsoever. Communication lacks. They fail to please their employees with something as simple as a potty break, you literally have to beg to use the restroom or nobody will show up to take over your class. They will make up their own rules on the regular so if you have any doubts look up the handbook or your state laws. Their ratios always change and it always ends up being some crazy odd number that they pulled out of nowhere. I could go on forever with cons.

No favoritism. Be fair. Appreciation is needed.

Great experience with the kids, frustration with the organization

Current Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Martinez, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Martinez, CA

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone starts part-time and within 6 months I was made full-time with a typically steady schedule. The kids are why I stay here--I have full creative license with my classroom, get to create supplemental curriculum and activities and build rewarding relationships with babies and their families. I feel like I am helping and molding young minds. The center is kept up pretty well: clean, caring and focused on providing children quality education and experiences. Paperwork is required, but usually a small amount of prep time and nap time makes it manageable. Parent-Teacher Conferences twice a year, and monthly parent events are a good opportunity for building relationships. Management encourages teachers to design a stimulating classroom environment which is fun.

Cons

Low pay and unorganized management leads to high part-time teacher turnover. When teachers leave on short notice the remaining staff is expected to pick up the slack (no time granted off, overtime, extra paperwork, etc.). Lack of communication means that I have to learn most of my important information by listening in to other people's conversations. They have "forgotten" to tell me that my hours were adjusted/conferences rescheduled for times when I am not usually there. Lots of gossip among the all female staff and management. New supplies for the classroom are limited and often I have to buy my own supplies if I want them. Benefits aren't really worth it--I don't use any of them.

Communicate with staff...write us notes, call us, ask us if you already talked to us about something. Make sure we know what's going on so we don't look blindsided when a parent approaches us about something we "should" have known about. Offer more full-time positions, higher pay and raises as incentives for employees to stay and build stable programs and better bonds with the children.

Enjoyed being my own lead teacher in the room by myself

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Akron, OH

I worked at Childtime Learning Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Liked the family clientele and demographics, Very close to home.

Cons

Low pay increases over the years. Whatever the Director says, goes, even if totally wrong. A lot of time required off the clock to do job properly and effeciently. Extremely little verbal praise or "Hey, you did good on that",etc. Very, very hard to get time off needed for Dr.s appointments, etc. A LOT of black out time for days off and vacations.

Some simple common courtesy can go a long, long way for positive moral.

OK company to work for

I worked at Childtime Learning Center

Pros

Working with kids and being about to interact with the parents about the learning progress of the children was a good experience.

Cons

The director talked negatively about other employees in front of me which made it a difficult environment in which to work.

A great place to work but...

Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher/Team Lead in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher/Team Lead in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Get off early, breaks, breakfast and lunch provided, nice and helpful staff.

Cons

The only con I have is the fact that when I accepted the job I was told I would work 12:00-6:30 however when I arrived for orientation I was told I would work 7-7-4 which is a drastic change. I feel that I was tricked into accepting the job. I was guaranteed the 12pm shift because they needed a person at that time only to find out that wasn't true. I'm working out my schedule with the general manager right now so I can get back in school. The pay is also very low for a person with a bachelor's.

Tell the truth about what hours you need your staff to have. Offer competitive salaries.

Childtime Learning Center Photos