Chili's

Chili's Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Chili's President Wyman Roberts

Wyman Roberts

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, will always try to work with you(in 39 reviews)

• Staff are mostly friendly and mostly flexible hours(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, loosing too many of company's biggest fans over the last few years(in 16 reviews)

• Management quality of life is horrendous(in 7 reviews)

Serving position at Chili's grill and bar

Server/Waiter (Former Employee) Valdosta, GA

ProsOpportunity to manage your own income based on your how hard/efficiently you are willing to work, flexible scheduling, good for college students.

ConsLong hours, no base pay, employee will often have to deal with picky or difficult customers. GEM surveys.

Wait table and clean restaurant

Food Server (Current Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsPay based on my work ethic and workable hours.

ConsThe shifts can be late hours.

made good money

Server/Bartender (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Proshours money and freedom paid vacations insurance

Conscorporate restaurant b.s., bad guests = bad days at work

Advice to Senior ManagementStop appeasing every guest that walks through the door. sometimes the customer is not always right and are just trying to get free meals. Quit being scared of the threat of race based lawsuits.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company to work for.

ConsI don't have any cons.

Crazy but fun!

Hostess (Current Employee) Mount Airy, NC

ProsNice coworkers, willing to help one another, friendly atmosphere

ConsGets really crazy at times, pay could be better, not enough hours

Advice to Senior ManagementTip sharing with hostess

Horrible customers, near impossible expectations & long hours

Server/Shift Leader (Former Employee) Altamonte Springs, FL

ProsMoney was decent- anywhere from $10/hr to $20+. Depends on night + section scheduled. Great coworkers. My store was a cohesive unit (for the most part) that took teamwork seriously. We all threw job titles aside to get the job done. Servers helped wash dishes, line cooks would help bus tables, etc.

ConsThe clientele is hideous. Expect to be cursed at, threatened and basically treated like crap. The police department was called so many times to handle irrational guests that they basically refused to answer our calls and we hired a private security firm.

You will be expected to run a 5-9 table section without proper supplies. Essentials like having clean silverware are a rarity. Normally I'd arrive for my shift and have to immediately wash, sort, re-wash and roll silverware. That's while you're getting quadruple sat, have no clean cups, plates, ice or tea brewed fresh. Absolute nightmare. At the end of your shift, you had to roll an additional 100 pieces of silver on top of your 1-2 hours sidework.

Keep in mind Chilis runs LOW labor. There's one dishwasher at MOST. Usually Mon-Fri Lunch you wash dishes yourself. Servers do ALL of the cleaning besides the line. This means all front of house (clean tables, booths, floors, etc.) plus a majority of the line including kitchen floors, all beverage stations, etc. As a closer on a Saturday night, expect to arrive at 3:30 and leave at 2:30 AM with about $120 in tips if you're lucky.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the employees the supplies they need and stop punishing servers for bad GEM scores. It's not the server's fault if a guest complains about the noise volume of the dining room or how under cooked their Ribeye is, or that their Country Fried Steak is fried!

Ok place to work

Server (Former Employee)

ProsThe restaurant was always busy, so could make decent money.

ConsManagement very unorganized and customers very rude.

Management doesn't have a clue

Food Server (Former Employee) North Las Vegas, NV

ProsFamily restaurant and most customers are pleasant. Most employees were pleasant to work with. Casual footwear saves your feet.

ConsTraining is very poor. Management did not participate in any of the training. They relied on peer workers to train. Sort of the blind leading the blind. POS system sucks .. very poorly designed. No breaks allowed during your entire shift. No lunch break , no 15 minute bread, nada.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your butt and do something. Manager instructed me to listen to training videos with loud distractions in the same room. Out of the 4 trainers I had in 3 weeks only one was qualified. Managers need to test employees for drugs especially the ones with a prior drug problem.

Not a pleasant experience

Line Cook (Former Employee) Hickory, NC

ProsIn the 2 years that I was there, I learned the entire kitchen and there were no benefits of doing so.

ConsThe pay wasn't really that great, the scheduling was horrible. The management lacked communication. Other cooks were lazy. Everything was different for every employee.

very good company

Line Cook (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

Prosflex schedule and pretty decent training

Conspay should be higher than it is

Advice to Senior Managementtreat employees at least as well customers

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!