Chili's

Chili's Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Chili's President Wyman Roberts

Wyman Roberts

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, will always try to work with you (in 40 reviews)

• Staff are mostly friendly and mostly flexible hours (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, loosing too many of company's biggest fans over the last few years (in 16 reviews)

• Management quality of life is horrendous (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Loved it

Server (Former Employee) Eagle Pass, TX

ProsManagers are very flexible and willing to work with your schedule. If you are outgoing and treat your customers well, tips are really good!! Great environment!

ConsThe night shifts can be done pretty late. Not all customers are nice and respectful.

Great company, horrible food

Hostess (Former Employee) Kenosha, WI

ProsGood work environment with happy people who are welcoming. Plenty of room to move up in the company though most prefer to stay serving

ConsYou are on your own if you need time off on short notice so that can be challenging at times

Advice to Senior Managementwork-life balance should be considered. Not worth firing someone over if they can't come in due to funeral/etc

great place to work

Prosa great place to work

Consa great place to work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing place to work!

Hostess (Current Employee) College Station, TX

ProsThe managers are great! The whole atmosphere is supportive and energetic. Makes you really want to come to work.

ConsIt will challenge your physical skills. And you have to know how to move fast and multitask very well.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing.

Very beneficial learning experience in the corporate food industry

Server, Quality Insurance, Key (Former Employee) Jonesboro, AR

ProsI enjoyed the stability and always having answer to any question. The pos systems had a button for everything and was very organized and easy to grasp. If you're a responsible employee it's easy to move up.

ConsIt was hard to find good employees to stick around considering it was a college town. Managers don't seem to last long. I saw a lot of them get fired in abrupt ways. I worked there for almost 5 years and when I left there were no managers there that had been there since they opened. Managers work long hours and rarely got to see their children.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep staff excited to come to work. Set goals and give prizes. Stay on them about sales in a positive way. If you're going to ask someone to do something make sure you are capable of doing it. Micromanagement made employees irate. Be respectful and try to mentor them into moving up with Brinker. That kept a lot of employees around.

Perfect Starting Server Job

ProsGain great experience and training if you want to advance in the restaurant industry.

ConsHard work and stressful sometimes, but well worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Chili's South Elgin, great for a host!

Host (Current Employee) South Elgin, IL

ProsYou get paid well just to show people to their tables, don't have to do much, great part time job

ConsYou stand throughout your entire shift, which can be tiring if you work all day. Servers get angry for things you cannot control at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe servers don't need that much supervision, the managers are always on their cases to do better but they're at their best when left alone.

Awesome Place to Work

Trainer (Former Employee) Gainesville, TX

ProsChili's Grill and Bar is a great place to work. Excellent atmosphere, staff and management are top notch.

ConsInconstancy of tips and hours.

Rewarding

Food Server (Current Employee) Grand Prairie, TX

ProsIf you are dedicated to them they are dedicated to you. Great flexible company

ConsIts a fast paced, needy environment so if that is not something you are willing to do it's not for you

Very Friendly work environment

Hostess (Current Employee) Westminster, CO

ProsEveryone that works here is so nice, as a hostess it can be complicated on busy nights but it's still manageable. Rude customers come and go but manager's make it worth it.

ConsBusy nights and rude people. We have to help bus sometimes but it's not horrible. You have to be careful of how you talk to people.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe westminster management team is amazing!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!