Chili's Reviews

Reset
3.4
Chili's President Wyman Roberts
Wyman Roberts

Pros
  • Flexible Schedule and decent pay (in 47 reviews)

• Good money if in good neighborhood (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, working weekends stinks (in 21 reviews)

• ZERO quality of life for managers and key hourly (in 7 reviews)

1. Great, Easy place to work

Former Employee - Server in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Server in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Chili's

Pros

The best reasons to work here are flexible scheduling(great for college kids) and it's a fun atmosphere. The money is pretty good but when it's slow, summer, Xmas Break, and such the money can be really bad. Overall, I liked working there as a good college job.

Cons

I don't really think there are many, if any downsides, to working at Chilis. However, parking is something of an issue but I would just walk to work which was good on many fronts--low gas bills, and slim waist line.

Advice to Management

I think I would tell them was a great job they are doing and to just keep it up.

2. Chilis line cook in Alice tx

Current Employee - Line Cook in Alice, TX
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Alice, TX

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

there is alot of cool and unique people that work there. Chilis does not discriminate at all. They do try to give chances to people. Transferring to other cities is really easy.

Cons

if you have a night shift you get out late. but you get to go in like at 4 or 5. i

Advice to Management

i think the managers at my store are overrated. General manager is awesome though.

3. Chilis.... Pepper in some fun and become a chili head.

Current Employee - Waitress/ Bartender in Spring, TX
    Current Employee - Waitress/ Bartender in Spring, TX

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

Good opportunities to excel, I started out as a host and have moved up to Togo, to food expediter, to server to now currently a bartender. They are very fair when it comes to promoting their staff and have a very friendly and laid back kind of family like working environment with yourself and your co workers.

Cons

It isn't the most up scale restaurant so the tips are pretty parallel to as much as the bill is. If there were gratituity than I think that would help push the staff more.

Advice to Management

My manager is really laid back and easy to talk to. He is still really strict but he isnt someone you despise working for. I think of him more as a friend than a manager. I enjoy my job more.

5. Fun Atmosphere, Great Money, Great Experience

Current Employee - Server/Waiter in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Server/Waiter in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

I really enjoy working at chili's. I've worked at many restaurants while in college and I'd have to say this has been the best experience. Our location is open later than the surrounding restaurants in the area which can be bad if you have evening plans but is great if you want extra money. Many servers and bartenders come from the surrounding restaurants after their shift and leave good tips. Right now we are doing the margarita maddness promotion, the servers are all going against each other to see who sells the most margaritas. After the first month the winner will receive $200 cash. the three month overall winner will get an lcd hdtv! I feel that pretty much anyone can do well at chili's if they follow the guide lines given in training as to the steps on how to sell an alcoholic drink or upsell certain items.

Cons

I have only found a few downsides. I would like to see front of house employees meals comped if the said employee is working a double. There needs to be more consistency in our training staff but the management has been made aware of this and is having a meeting in the beginning of April. The quarterly meetings are a lot of fun, but 7:45am is really a horrible time to have them on a Saturday. Recently the restaurant has seen a decline in business which hurts the tips, but a Red Lobster opened about a month ago across the street which could explain it. The only other con I can think of would be changing them menu every quarter because it does get a bit annoying having people ask for lettuce wraps or the onion blossom. However in the Micros system old items such as the shrimp fajita can still be rang in.

Advice to Management

At my current location my senior management is great. they do a great job of balancing having a good time while you work and making sure the restaurant is still making money. The contests that they hold as mentioned above are really a great motivator. Recently or sales goals have been slipping a bit and to encourage the front of house staff they have a weekly contest for $25 cash. this isn't much but it does help come rent day. Finally I would like to recognize my management team for not being above doing things that other people should be doing. What I mean by this is when the times are busy or someone calls off sick the management will immediately pick up a buss bucket and clean tables or will hop into the dish pit and do dishes for sometimes three or four hours. or standing in front of the grill in dress clothes cooking ribs when the kitchen is slammed. seeing management do things like that to help us really motivates us and keeps us out of the weeds. It also makes me personally want to help them if they need a shift picked up even if I maybe had other plans.

6. Good place to work

I worked at Chili's

Pros

Great people to hang out with, decent pay. Great management. Also really flexible with hours and times you are available at.

Cons

Customers can be really rude. Pay is determined by the people you serve. Did I mention peopel can be rude sometimes?

Advice to Management

The management is fine. They are helpful and understand why some customers are rude. They always work with both the customers and staff.

7. Overall, a pretty good workplace!

Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Amarillo, TX
    Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Amarillo, TX

I worked at Chili's

Pros

Good food, great benefits!!!, Good people. I enjoyed my experiences there!

Cons

Some of there corporate culture can be annoying but everyplace has its quirks

Advice to Management

continue to encourage employees towards sales and don't push sales on them!

8. server or bartender

Current Employee - Server/Bartender in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Server/Bartender in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

chilis is great as an entry level and part time good training and works around your schedule

Cons

too many days b4 you actually are earning tips and sometimes just overwhelming with the things they ask from u

Advice to Management

Try to relax and own the pace for yourself

9. Management was everything!

Current Employee - Server in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Server in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

Best managers I have ever worked for. Made work fun and competitive.

Cons

I also worked at a Chili's in Colorado which was HORRIBLE. Like I said, management is everything.

Advice to Management

Relate you your employees and don't act as tho you are 'higher' than others in life. (to The CO management)

10. work at chili's

Current Employee - Line Cook in Valdosta, GA
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

chilis offers a fast paced work environment and a pleasurable atmosphere to keep employees happy. the pay is above average for similar stores in the area.

Cons

there are a lot of late nights, there are a lot of nights where the workload and pace speed up and it becomes difficult to keep up.

Advice to Management

i think the managment could get a little mare involved with the kitchen as well as impose stricter standards for cleanup foh and hoh

11. LOVE IT

Current Employee - Hostess in Watauga, TX
    Current Employee - Hostess in Watauga, TX

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

Fun and energetic place to work! I love working for Chili's. 50% Discount on food for up to 4 ppl. More ppl=less %discount 4-5 hr shifts Easy job-greeting customers and seating them for the most part Awesome at recognizing employees!! We have these little comment cards we can write out for each other :) great motivation and makes you feel very much appreciated Management actually CARES for their employees My hard work paid off because i gotten 3 raises (each $1) since working there. (2 years) Im @ $11 dollars and im just a hostess GREAT ENVIRONMENT :)

Cons

- If you work at a slower chili's hours may be cut drastically. depending on how busy it is is how many hours i recieve. The least i got was like 2-3 hours a day :/

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a great job ^_^

RSS Feed </> Embed