Chili's Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014

3.3

Chili's President Wyman Roberts
Wyman Roberts

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, will always try to work with you (in 40 reviews)

• Staff are mostly friendly and mostly flexible hours (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, loosing too many of company's biggest fans over the last few years (in 16 reviews)

• Management quality of life is horrendous (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great coworkers horrible customer base. Terrible to no tips on most acceptable to good on few.

Current Employee - Food Server  in  Humble, TX
    Current Employee - Food Server in Humble, TX

I have been working at Chili's full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best reason to work at this location is the management and employees. All are welcome regardless of age or past.

Cons

The customer base varies so much that the tips are unpredictable and you almost always have to close to insure a profitable night.

Keep the riff raff out, continue to support your staff but remember those who work the hardest and are not just the favorites or the prettiest.

Lots of work, often little pay, management plays "favorites"

Former Employee - Food Server  in  Thomaston, GA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Thomaston, GA

I worked at Chili's part-time for more than a year

Pros

There is not many opportunities in a rural town so always busy during weekends. Brinker International invests a lot of money in innovation and training and there is always a new drink or food item to sell which keeps things from getting old. If you don't like the restaurant you are at you can always transfer anywhere in the US. Promotions happen from within.

Cons

Managers do not treat all employees a like. Often there is one person working and multiple people standing around watching or doing nothing. Some managers do not help employees when they need it.Team service is supposed to be the role of servers but employees rarely help each other out. GEM surveys are a priority and if you are not delivering the number of surveys the corporation thinks you should then the management will bring you in for early Sunday morning meetings to go over ways in which you can get guests to fill them out. This is especially unfair when you close on a Saturday night and go to church with your family. Also, in a small town, there are not as many people to ask and the same people do not want to continually do them. They take 10 min or more.

Don't be buddies to certain employees and a boss to others. Be a mentor to everyone and practice what you preach always.

General Manager in training

Former Employee - GMID  in  Hattiesburg, MS
    Former Employee - GMID in Hattiesburg, MS

I worked at Chili's full-time for less than a year

Pros

insurance benefits are great but rather pricey, but the benefits pay realy well

Cons

the culture is un-realistic and I am sure they would be to most restaurant managers

stop sending text messages and emails as your only direction to the trainee

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful company

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Chili's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Chilis is a company that cares about people and the lives of people. Flexible work hours with only 5 shifts a week as a manager. Great benifits.

Cons

Just like with most large companies, the work load is pretty heavy. Expectations are very high and the days are sometimes long due to the lack of manpower at times.

Consider dropping business rules or at least make them within reach in order to maintain facility as well as TM satisfaction.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Server and Bartender
    Former Employee - Server and Bartender

I worked at Chili's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, easy money, not very stressful. When you have good managers, things run smoothly. If you have an emergency or get sick, there's usually no problem with calling out.

Cons

Can be pretty bad money, depending on the time of year and the location of the store. If management is bad, things are terrible and reflects on you to the customer.

MADHOUSE

I worked at Chili's

Pros

They are willing to pay higher than almost any other restaurant

Cons

HOH knows more about what's going on in the kitchen than the management. They are played way to much.

Hire managers from inside the company, and not just off credit scores! Employees should also be treated way better.

Wouldn't go back

Former Employee - Server  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Austin, TX

I worked at Chili's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent price point, a lot of bar regulars.

Cons

Terrible management, high turn over for employees

Get it together.

Dynamic work environment

Former Employee - Food Server  in  Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Food Server in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Chili's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible scheduling at maximum pay with minimal education and experience required

Cons

Late hours, inconsistency of pay depending on tips

Promote from within rather than hiring new members whenever possible

Chili's is a great overall company to work for. They offer good benefits, even to part-time employees.

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Chili's part-time for less than a year

Pros

The management really seems to care about their employees. Scheduling is flexible and you have the potential to earn good money. The training is thorough. Learning the menu is a must. This restaurant definitely gets busy towards the end of the week and of course on weekends. As a server I usually go into weekend shifts knowing that I'll be overwhelmed. I just try my best to "stay out of the weeds". Chili's has section partners, so you and you're partner are usually taking care of around 10-12 tables. Team work is a must to make it through a busy shift.

Cons

Petty bickering between employees. Reminds me of a high school atmosphere, though I'm sure this problem occurs in every job regardless of the setting. The amount of side work is ridiculous. They don't employ bussers or silverware rollers so be prepared to restock, bus your own tables, roll silverware, sweep the floors, clean table tops, and then there's your actual side work left to do.

N/A

Very content

Current Employee - Server/Waiter  in  Chelsea, MA
    Current Employee - Server/Waiter in Chelsea, MA

I have been working at Chili's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Like a Big family ! Most the staff are amazing ! Good money to be made ( as long as u work hard ) it can be very fast paced so you have to be an energetic person that doesn't buckle under pressure 2 managers just left and 2 have come I think some good and needed changes will be made. Renee is an extremely hardworking and very caring manager. And im thankful Amanda has joined our team. Very promising.

Cons

Managers have come and gone too often .. But I think the 4 we have are here to stay .. And I think they are gonna be a good team

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!