Chili's

Chili's Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Chili's President Wyman Roberts

Wyman Roberts

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, will always try to work with you(in 39 reviews)

• Staff are mostly friendly and mostly flexible hours(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, loosing too many of company's biggest fans over the last few years(in 16 reviews)

• Management quality of life is horrendous(in 7 reviews)

great place to work

Prosa great place to work

Consa great place to work

Perfect Starting Server Job

ProsGain great experience and training if you want to advance in the restaurant industry.

ConsHard work and stressful sometimes, but well worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Very beneficial learning experience in the corporate food industry

Server, Quality Insurance, Key (Former Employee) Jonesboro, AR

ProsI enjoyed the stability and always having answer to any question. The pos systems had a button for everything and was very organized and easy to grasp. If you're a responsible employee it's easy to move up.

ConsIt was hard to find good employees to stick around considering it was a college town. Managers don't seem to last long. I saw a lot of them get fired in abrupt ways. I worked there for almost 5 years and when I left there were no managers there that had been there since they opened. Managers work long hours and rarely got to see their children.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep staff excited to come to work. Set goals and give prizes. Stay on them about sales in a positive way. If you're going to ask someone to do something make sure you are capable of doing it. Micromanagement made employees irate. Be respectful and try to mentor them into moving up with Brinker. That kept a lot of employees around.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An onerous experience.

Every Job (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCan be a fun place to work. Free soda.

ConsPolitics. Don't expect regular promotions based on skill. What do you have to offer outside of work for me? How cheap will you work for. Expect to be treated like Gladware, we've got to protect The China.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey don't need any. Its all about profits. For themselves and shareholders; oh that's them too.

Worst job I've ever had...and I've shoveled goat manure for a living.

Prep Cook (Former Employee)

ProsThose who worked in the front of the house seemed slightly happier with their jobs than those of us at the back. Though I couldn't tell you for sure. They did make more money. It's not a bad place to eat, I never saw food being handled unsafely or bad product being used. Health insurance was available, which is why I stayed as long as I did.

ConsHired as prep cook, when I started there were three people making/portioning a list of well over 100 items during a shift, in addition to prepping things on the fly for the cooks. Absolutely no breaks. When I started there and asked about breaks they looked at me like I was insane. I was told I could take one if asked but was pressured never to take even a five minute breather. Work was expected to be finished in 8 hours but it usually took 9-10, and that is with three people. One of them was training me so that she could move to another store, so then it was down to two of us. Then our workdays were divided so that only one prep person was working on any given day. All items were expected to be finished in the same amount of time anyway, and I was lectured and written up for taking 12-14 hours to complete what took three people 8-10 hours to finish. They could not understand why I couldn't do it. I worked as hard as I could...I was hungry and tired all day, treated like a servant, frequently ignored when I asked for help lifting a 100lb bag of potatoes or finishing up dishes at the end of the night when I was ready to drop.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake breaks a requirement where employees have to punch in and out for them so that management has no choice but to schedule employees for at least a meal break or a fifteen minute break. Adjust expectations of how much a single person can do in a particular length of time, and add additional help when additional work is added.

Great company, horrible food

Hostess (Former Employee) Kenosha, WI

ProsGood work environment with happy people who are welcoming. Plenty of room to move up in the company though most prefer to stay serving

ConsYou are on your own if you need time off on short notice so that can be challenging at times

Advice to Senior Managementwork-life balance should be considered. Not worth firing someone over if they can't come in due to funeral/etc

Rewarding

Food Server (Current Employee) Grand Prairie, TX

ProsIf you are dedicated to them they are dedicated to you. Great flexible company

ConsIts a fast paced, needy environment so if that is not something you are willing to do it's not for you

Awesome Place to Work

Trainer (Former Employee) Gainesville, TX

ProsChili's Grill and Bar is a great place to work. Excellent atmosphere, staff and management are top notch.

ConsInconstancy of tips and hours.

if you like working with children...

Server/Waiter (Former Employee)

ProsNOTHING. I worked there for five years, so i must have stayed for a reason. But I have had managers from otter stores say mine was the worst ever. which i truly believe.

ConsHorrible management
    Horrible coworkers
    kids eat free is terrible.
    2 for 20 is terrible
    maters treat you like slaves.
    WORST serving job EVER

Advice to Senior ManagementJust get different management. And don't sleep with your coworkers.

Its okay

Server (Former Employee) Kilgore, TX

ProsFriendly environment
    Knowledgeable management
    Fair
    The management was descent, the co workers were nice, the hours were typical restaurant, they did have descent benefits for a restaurant job,

ConsTakes to long in training to make it to server. They wanted you to food line for almost 3 months and at that wage it just isn't technically possible. They do not care about work and life balance at least the managers at the time did not.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen when interviewing people

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!