Chili's Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014

3.3

Chili's President Wyman Roberts
Wyman Roberts

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, will always try to work with you (in 40 reviews)

• Staff are mostly friendly and mostly flexible hours (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, loosing too many of company's biggest fans over the last few years (in 16 reviews)

• Management quality of life is horrendous (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Former Employee - Server and Bartender
    Former Employee - Server and Bartender

I worked at Chili's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, easy money, not very stressful. When you have good managers, things run smoothly. If you have an emergency or get sick, there's usually no problem with calling out.

Cons

Can be pretty bad money, depending on the time of year and the location of the store. If management is bad, things are terrible and reflects on you to the customer.

General Manager in training

Former Employee - GMID  in  Hattiesburg, MS
    Former Employee - GMID in Hattiesburg, MS

I worked at Chili's full-time for less than a year

Pros

insurance benefits are great but rather pricey, but the benefits pay realy well

Cons

the culture is un-realistic and I am sure they would be to most restaurant managers

stop sending text messages and emails as your only direction to the trainee

MADHOUSE

I worked at Chili's

Pros

They are willing to pay higher than almost any other restaurant

Cons

HOH knows more about what's going on in the kitchen than the management. They are played way to much.

Hire managers from inside the company, and not just off credit scores! Employees should also be treated way better.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Money if you're in the right place

Current Employee - Server/To-go/QA/Host  in  Bastrop, TX
    Current Employee - Server/To-go/QA/Host in Bastrop, TX

I have been working at Chili's full-time for more than a year

Pros

If there are limited restaurants in your area and high traffic you're likely to get a good amount of customers, equaling out to good tips.

There are plenty of positions so you shouldn't be afraid of not enough hours, I personally held just about every front of house position as possible.

They were also very good at giving you the days off that you wanted.

Cons

However bigger cities mean bigger competition, who's gonna want to eat at a chili's when there are dozens other places? We were regularly short staffed, making it a bit too stressful for my taste, I didn't know when I would have to work harder to make up for other people.

They weren't together, at several times I heard them each tell me something different about an issue. Some managers would tell me to completely forget what another had said, every now and then even overriding the general manager.

Good part-time job.

Former Employee - Hostess  in  Crystal Lake, IL
    Former Employee - Hostess in Crystal Lake, IL

I worked at Chili's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Managers take responsibility for mishappenings, easy job if you're organized and good at time-management

Cons

Guests feel entitled to talk down to restaurant staff at times.

Great company to work for... they just dont admire there hard working employees

Current Employee - Server  in  Thomaston, GA
    Current Employee - Server in Thomaston, GA

I have been working at Chili's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good money, great co-workers, handles problems effectively

Cons

i cant speak on every chilis but 0890 is horrible at moving people up unless you snitch on people or brown nose the hell out of the managers. They are not caring when it comes to emergencies and honestly i think they run a bad business when it comes to putting in your two weeks, your better off walking out then trying to work a two weeks. They managers never write up bar tenders or back of house but love to write servers up if someone is wrong with food or bar drinks take too long. BTW bar drinks at chilis average 10-15 minutes

Move up the servers that are knowledgeable. Don't make a server a trainer if they cant even close the restaurant by them selves. and be more sympathetic when it comes to family issues instead of acting like you dont give a flip. oh and my advice to corporate tell managers to quit letting certain servers dont their own voids and comps and making other servers wait 20 minutes. oh and get off your butts at 0890 and do your job!

Great company, horrible food

Former Employee - Hostess  in  Kenosha, WI
    Former Employee - Hostess in Kenosha, WI

I worked at Chili's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work environment with happy people who are welcoming. Plenty of room to move up in the company though most prefer to stay serving

Cons

You are on your own if you need time off on short notice so that can be challenging at times

work-life balance should be considered. Not worth firing someone over if they can't come in due to funeral/etc

great place to work

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

a great place to work

Cons

a great place to work

Amazing place to work!

Current Employee - Hostess  in  College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Hostess in College Station, TX

I have been working at Chili's full-time for less than a year

Pros

The managers are great! The whole atmosphere is supportive and energetic. Makes you really want to come to work.

Cons

It will challenge your physical skills. And you have to know how to move fast and multitask very well.

Keep doing what your doing.

Very beneficial learning experience in the corporate food industry

Former Employee - Server, Quality Insurance, Key  in  Jonesboro, AR
    Former Employee - Server, Quality Insurance, Key in Jonesboro, AR

I worked at Chili's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed the stability and always having answer to any question. The pos systems had a button for everything and was very organized and easy to grasp. If you're a responsible employee it's easy to move up.

Cons

It was hard to find good employees to stick around considering it was a college town. Managers don't seem to last long. I saw a lot of them get fired in abrupt ways. I worked there for almost 5 years and when I left there were no managers there that had been there since they opened. Managers work long hours and rarely got to see their children.

Keep staff excited to come to work. Set goals and give prizes. Stay on them about sales in a positive way. If you're going to ask someone to do something make sure you are capable of doing it. Micromanagement made employees irate. Be respectful and try to mentor them into moving up with Brinker. That kept a lot of employees around.

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!