Chili's

Chili's Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Chili's President Wyman Roberts

Wyman Roberts

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, will always try to work with you (in 40 reviews)

• Staff are mostly friendly and mostly flexible hours (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, loosing too many of company's biggest fans over the last few years (in 16 reviews)

• Management quality of life is horrendous (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Server

Server (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat felixability. Awesome co-workers. Management is fair for the most part. Not open on Thanksgiving or Chridtmas

ConsThey tend to hire a lot of people and that cuts into your hours. Some of the customers are rude and don't tip. Late hours

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more and realize we deal with the customers a lot more than u do.

Stepping stone server

Food Server (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsAs long as you can be trained properly, the team atmosphere works great.

ConsTraining and accountability is not quite up to the standards they promote

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter team building between FOH and HOH

Fun environment, good food, great teamwork.

Server/Waiter (Former Employee) Santa Barbara, CA

ProsFun environment, good food, great teamwork.

ConsMicromanagement, hovering managers, managers too close.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp your employees when they struggle

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for what it is

Server (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsOnce you are trained, you should make decent money

ConsManagement is all over the place

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better benefits

Work Lifestyle

Server (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsChilis was always nice about allowing the ability pick up shifts to make extra cash. People are always friendly.

ConsBeing new at chilis can be a con since you would have to start off with cruddy sections.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and keep the training program going.

Good job for a college student

Waitress (Former Employee) Brookfield, WI

ProsI made a good amount of money for being a high school/college student. They worked well with my busy schedule. Managers were for the most part friendly and approachable. I worked at 3 different Chili's and transferring was easy. I started as a hostess and busser when I was 16 then became a waitress at 18.

ConsThere's only so much money you can make and so far you can move up. I would never stay here for longer than I did (which was about 3 years). There's a lot of turnover and not a lot of incentive to work really hard.

Love Chili's!

Togo Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsChilis truly is a family. Flexible scheduling. Plenty of time to request days off. I ended up leaving chilis for another job at a golf course and didn't even make it a month before I went back. Management at my first store changed fairly quickly but slowed down at one point. The job is demanding but I was never ridiculed for making mistakes.

ConsLong nights at work. Like any other restaurant job. If you don't like fast paced then you shouldn't pick this job or any other restaurant. Tips in Togo suck. But hourly wage isn't bad!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! We are all a family

Great management, flexible schedule, decent tips

Food Server (Current Employee) Encino, CA

ProsGreat management, flexible schedule with good support from managers. Not responsible for walk outs so there's a big plus.

ConsTips are ok but steady. Clientele are sometimes not great but that's to be expected.

Worst job I've ever had...and I've shoveled goat manure for a living.

Prep Cook (Former Employee)

ProsThose who worked in the front of the house seemed slightly happier with their jobs than those of us at the back. Though I couldn't tell you for sure. They did make more money. It's not a bad place to eat, I never saw food being handled unsafely or bad product being used. Health insurance was available, which is why I stayed as long as I did.

ConsHired as prep cook, when I started there were three people making/portioning a list of well over 100 items during a shift, in addition to prepping things on the fly for the cooks. Absolutely no breaks. When I started there and asked about breaks they looked at me like I was insane. I was told I could take one if asked but was pressured never to take even a five minute breather. Work was expected to be finished in 8 hours but it usually took 9-10, and that is with three people. One of them was training me so that she could move to another store, so then it was down to two of us. Then our workdays were divided so that only one prep person was working on any given day. All items were expected to be finished in the same amount of time anyway, and I was lectured and written up for taking 12-14 hours to complete what took three people 8-10 hours to finish. They could not understand why I couldn't do it. I worked as hard as I could...I was hungry and tired all day, treated like a servant, frequently ignored when I asked for help lifting a 100lb bag of potatoes or finishing up dishes at the end of the night when I was ready to drop.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake breaks a requirement where employees have to punch in and out for them so that management has no choice but to schedule employees for at least a meal break or a fifteen minute break. Adjust expectations of how much a single person can do in a particular length of time, and add additional help when additional work is added.

if you like working with children...

Server/Waiter (Former Employee)

ProsNOTHING. I worked there for five years, so i must have stayed for a reason. But I have had managers from otter stores say mine was the worst ever. which i truly believe.

ConsHorrible management
    Horrible coworkers
    kids eat free is terrible.
    2 for 20 is terrible
    maters treat you like slaves.
    WORST serving job EVER

Advice to Senior ManagementJust get different management. And don't sleep with your coworkers.

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!