Chili's Reviews

Updated September 16, 2014
3.3

Chili's President Wyman Roberts
Wyman Roberts

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, will always try to work with you (in 40 reviews)

• Staff are mostly friendly and mostly flexible hours (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, loosing too many of company's biggest fans over the last few years (in 16 reviews)

• Management quality of life is horrendous (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to serve...

Former Employee - Server  in  Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Server in Conway, AR

I worked at Chili's part-time

Pros

great money, good team effort, great discount

Cons

they change a lot (menu, tables, color schemes, uniforms) and communication between staff can be unclear

pay better attention to the restaurant as a whole.

Not Corporate

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager  in  Chelsea, MA
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Chelsea, MA

I worked at Chili's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun place to work, great employees, good foodcxvcv dsdfsdf sdfsdf sdfsdf sdfsdf sdfsdf sdfsdf

Cons

Some management needs to be replaced .

Loved it

Former Employee - Server  in  Eagle Pass, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Eagle Pass, TX

I worked at Chili's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Managers are very flexible and willing to work with your schedule. If you are outgoing and treat your customers well, tips are really good!! Great environment!

Cons

The night shifts can be done pretty late. Not all customers are nice and respectful.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to work

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

a great place to work

Cons

a great place to work

Worst/Best Job I Ever Had

Current Employee - Server, TOGO, QA  in  Marble Falls, TX
    Current Employee - Server, TOGO, QA in Marble Falls, TX

I have been working at Chili's full-time for more than a year

Pros

My fellow Chiliheads were amazing. I am not including Management in this comment. The staff is super connected and when the restaurant was slammed we all pulled together. The money I made on the floor was decent enough, since the location I worked at had a deck with lakeside views.

Cons

Management was the worst. If the scheduling manager didn't want to sleep with you, or you weren't his favorite, you were screwed. I started out as a server and when the girl who mainly did TO-GO for the lunch shift was fired, I was transferred to her position without my permission. Not only did I take a HUGE cut in pay (I went from 15-18 an hour to 9.50) I was denied to pick up any serving shifts except the one a month Daddy Daughter Night which only made me around 30$. I was told that the transfer was temporary one month- two tops. FOUR months later I was begging for my job back, the one I was hired for. Needless to say I was denied repeatedly. I was told that there were no server positions available. A week later they hired two new servers. My GM did NOTHING during this entire process. This is by far THE WORST JOB I have ever had.

Take care of your loyal employees Don't hide in the office when the kitchen is crashing. Don't allow your senior staff to get away with everything, even if you have snapped thier thong or licked chocolate off of thier arms. On that note, choose a better management staff.

MADHOUSE

I worked at Chili's

Pros

They are willing to pay higher than almost any other restaurant

Cons

HOH knows more about what's going on in the kitchen than the management. They are played way to much.

Hire managers from inside the company, and not just off credit scores! Employees should also be treated way better.

Great Money if you're in the right place

Current Employee - Server/To-go/QA/Host  in  Bastrop, TX
    Current Employee - Server/To-go/QA/Host in Bastrop, TX

I have been working at Chili's full-time for more than a year

Pros

If there are limited restaurants in your area and high traffic you're likely to get a good amount of customers, equaling out to good tips.

There are plenty of positions so you shouldn't be afraid of not enough hours, I personally held just about every front of house position as possible.

They were also very good at giving you the days off that you wanted.

Cons

However bigger cities mean bigger competition, who's gonna want to eat at a chili's when there are dozens other places? We were regularly short staffed, making it a bit too stressful for my taste, I didn't know when I would have to work harder to make up for other people.

They weren't together, at several times I heard them each tell me something different about an issue. Some managers would tell me to completely forget what another had said, every now and then even overriding the general manager.

Good part-time job.

Former Employee - Hostess  in  Crystal Lake, IL
    Former Employee - Hostess in Crystal Lake, IL

I worked at Chili's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Managers take responsibility for mishappenings, easy job if you're organized and good at time-management

Cons

Guests feel entitled to talk down to restaurant staff at times.

A place to make quick cash

I have been working at Chili's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

cash everyday, can take time of when requested and can change shifts if not able to make it at last minute.

Cons

They don't reward the hard working individuals,

Acknowledge those that work hard and follow the rules

Great company to work for... they just dont admire there hard working employees

Current Employee - Server  in  Thomaston, GA
    Current Employee - Server in Thomaston, GA

I have been working at Chili's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good money, great co-workers, handles problems effectively

Cons

i cant speak on every chilis but 0890 is horrible at moving people up unless you snitch on people or brown nose the hell out of the managers. They are not caring when it comes to emergencies and honestly i think they run a bad business when it comes to putting in your two weeks, your better off walking out then trying to work a two weeks. They managers never write up bar tenders or back of house but love to write servers up if someone is wrong with food or bar drinks take too long. BTW bar drinks at chilis average 10-15 minutes

Move up the servers that are knowledgeable. Don't make a server a trainer if they cant even close the restaurant by them selves. and be more sympathetic when it comes to family issues instead of acting like you dont give a flip. oh and my advice to corporate tell managers to quit letting certain servers dont their own voids and comps and making other servers wait 20 minutes. oh and get off your butts at 0890 and do your job!

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!