Chili's Reviews

Updated September 28, 2014
3.2

Chili's President Wyman Roberts
Wyman Roberts

Pros
  • Great management, flexible schedule with good support from managers (in 36 reviews)

• Scheduling is flexible and you have the potential to earn good money (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, loosing too many of company's biggest fans over the last few years (in 17 reviews)

• Management quality of life is horrendous (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great coworkers horrible customer base. Terrible to no tips on most acceptable to good on few.

Current Employee - Food Server  in  Humble, TX
    Current Employee - Food Server in Humble, TX

I have been working at Chili's full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best reason to work at this location is the management and employees. All are welcome regardless of age or past.

Cons

The customer base varies so much that the tips are unpredictable and you almost always have to close to insure a profitable night.

Keep the riff raff out, continue to support your staff but remember those who work the hardest and are not just the favorites or the prettiest.

Lots of work, often little pay, management plays "favorites"

Former Employee - Food Server  in  Thomaston, GA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Thomaston, GA

I worked at Chili's part-time for more than a year

Pros

There is not many opportunities in a rural town so always busy during weekends. Brinker International invests a lot of money in innovation and training and there is always a new drink or food item to sell which keeps things from getting old. If you don't like the restaurant you are at you can always transfer anywhere in the US. Promotions happen from within.

Cons

Managers do not treat all employees a like. Often there is one person working and multiple people standing around watching or doing nothing. Some managers do not help employees when they need it.Team service is supposed to be the role of servers but employees rarely help each other out. GEM surveys are a priority and if you are not delivering the number of surveys the corporation thinks you should then the management will bring you in for early Sunday morning meetings to go over ways in which you can get guests to fill them out. This is especially unfair when you close on a Saturday night and go to church with your family. Also, in a small town, there are not as many people to ask and the same people do not want to continually do them. They take 10 min or more.

Don't be buddies to certain employees and a boss to others. Be a mentor to everyone and practice what you preach always.

General Manager in training

Former Employee - GMID  in  Hattiesburg, MS
    Former Employee - GMID in Hattiesburg, MS

I worked at Chili's full-time for less than a year

Pros

insurance benefits are great but rather pricey, but the benefits pay realy well

Cons

the culture is un-realistic and I am sure they would be to most restaurant managers

stop sending text messages and emails as your only direction to the trainee

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MADHOUSE

I worked at Chili's

Pros

They are willing to pay higher than almost any other restaurant

Cons

HOH knows more about what's going on in the kitchen than the management. They are played way to much.

Hire managers from inside the company, and not just off credit scores! Employees should also be treated way better.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Server and Bartender
    Former Employee - Server and Bartender

I worked at Chili's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, easy money, not very stressful. When you have good managers, things run smoothly. If you have an emergency or get sick, there's usually no problem with calling out.

Cons

Can be pretty bad money, depending on the time of year and the location of the store. If management is bad, things are terrible and reflects on you to the customer.

Great Money if you're in the right place

Current Employee - Server/To-go/QA/Host  in  Bastrop, TX
    Current Employee - Server/To-go/QA/Host in Bastrop, TX

I have been working at Chili's full-time for more than a year

Pros

If there are limited restaurants in your area and high traffic you're likely to get a good amount of customers, equaling out to good tips.

There are plenty of positions so you shouldn't be afraid of not enough hours, I personally held just about every front of house position as possible.

They were also very good at giving you the days off that you wanted.

Cons

However bigger cities mean bigger competition, who's gonna want to eat at a chili's when there are dozens other places? We were regularly short staffed, making it a bit too stressful for my taste, I didn't know when I would have to work harder to make up for other people.

They weren't together, at several times I heard them each tell me something different about an issue. Some managers would tell me to completely forget what another had said, every now and then even overriding the general manager.

Good part-time job.

Former Employee - Hostess  in  Crystal Lake, IL
    Former Employee - Hostess in Crystal Lake, IL

I worked at Chili's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Managers take responsibility for mishappenings, easy job if you're organized and good at time-management

Cons

Guests feel entitled to talk down to restaurant staff at times.

A place to make quick cash

I have been working at Chili's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

cash everyday, can take time of when requested and can change shifts if not able to make it at last minute.

Cons

They don't reward the hard working individuals,

Acknowledge those that work hard and follow the rules

Not Corporate

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager  in  Chelsea, MA
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Chelsea, MA

I worked at Chili's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun place to work, great employees, good foodcxvcv dsdfsdf sdfsdf sdfsdf sdfsdf sdfsdf sdfsdf

Cons

Some management needs to be replaced .

Loved it

Former Employee - Server  in  Eagle Pass, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Eagle Pass, TX

I worked at Chili's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Managers are very flexible and willing to work with your schedule. If you are outgoing and treat your customers well, tips are really good!! Great environment!

Cons

The night shifts can be done pretty late. Not all customers are nice and respectful.

Chili's Photos

Chilis
Store front
MARGARITA BAR

+ Add Photo

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!