Chili's Reviews

Updated October 17, 2014
3.2

Chili's President Wyman Roberts
Wyman Roberts

Pros
  • Great management, flexible schedule with good support from managers (in 38 reviews)

• Scheduling is flexible and you have the potential to earn good money (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, loosing too many of company's biggest fans over the last few years (in 18 reviews)

• Management quality of life is horrendous (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

A Decent Place, People Who Cared

Former Employee - Host
    Former Employee - Host

I worked at Chili's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work environment was nice and positive, the people were the biggest plus. They were really kind about working around my school schedule.

Cons

Hard work, Iffy Shifts, and always short-saffed

Hire more people, and pay them more for what they do. Yes, that costs money. But the customer services that will turn out to bring will be an excellent

The one in Tulare Ca is not a very good place work

Former Employee - Prep Cook in Tulare, CA
    Former Employee - Prep Cook in Tulare, CA

I worked at Chili's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The menu is really easy to learn.

Cons

The employees that have been there a long time wouldn't train anyone. No one would train in English.

Re-think your training staff. To save money I would close the place. They are paying out more then they are bringing in

Decent place to serve

Current Employee - Server in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Server in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Chili's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Tips can be good, depending on the area. Easy menu to learn. Table side computers can make job much easier if used right.

Cons

Very numbers-driven, especially during promotional period. Some promotional dishes have no sell value at all. Contests can be frustrating - no one wants a margarita with a Bud Light in it.

Work harder to help interested people get promoted.

Terrible

Former Employee - Hostess in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Hostess in Warren, MI

I worked at Chili's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My schedule was flexible during highschool.

Cons

The staff were mean to each other all the time. the management treated me like garbage. I came back for the summer and they basically starved me out of there. I never got any shifts.

Treat your employees better.

Horrible

I worked at Chili's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Worked here because I was in college

Cons

Challenges? Where to start coworkers would drink on the job, drop customers food on the floor and still serve it, and managers don't listen to their employees/ have favorites.

Make sure your employees don't drink on the job, treat all employees fairly and respectfully.

Lots of work, often little pay, management plays "favorites"

Former Employee - Food Server in Thomaston, GA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Thomaston, GA

I worked at Chili's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is not many opportunities in a rural town so always busy during weekends. Brinker International invests a lot of money in innovation and training and there is always a new drink or food item to sell which keeps things from getting old. If you don't like the restaurant you are at you can always transfer anywhere in the US. Promotions happen from within.

Cons

Managers do not treat all employees a like. Often there is one person working and multiple people standing around watching or doing nothing. Some managers do not help employees when they need it.Team service is supposed to be the role of servers but employees rarely help each other out. GEM surveys are a priority and if you are not delivering the number of surveys the corporation thinks you should then the management will bring you in for early Sunday morning meetings to go over ways in which you can get guests to fill them out. This is especially unfair when you close on a Saturday night and go to church with your family. Also, in a small town, there are not as many people to ask and the same people do not want to continually do them. They take 10 min or more.

Don't be buddies to certain employees and a boss to others. Be a mentor to everyone and practice what you preach always.

Great coworkers horrible customer base. Terrible to no tips on most acceptable to good on few.

Current Employee - Food Server in Humble, TX
    Current Employee - Food Server in Humble, TX

I have been working at Chili's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best reason to work at this location is the management and employees. All are welcome regardless of age or past.

Cons

The customer base varies so much that the tips are unpredictable and you almost always have to close to insure a profitable night.

Keep the riff raff out, continue to support your staff but remember those who work the hardest and are not just the favorites or the prettiest.

Wonderful company

Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Chili's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Chilis is a company that cares about people and the lives of people. Flexible work hours with only 5 shifts a week as a manager. Great benifits.

Cons

Just like with most large companies, the work load is pretty heavy. Expectations are very high and the days are sometimes long due to the lack of manpower at times.

Consider dropping business rules or at least make them within reach in order to maintain facility as well as TM satisfaction.

Dynamic work environment

Former Employee - Food Server in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Food Server in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Chili's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling at maximum pay with minimal education and experience required

Cons

Late hours, inconsistency of pay depending on tips

Promote from within rather than hiring new members whenever possible

Very content

Current Employee - Server/Waiter in Chelsea, MA
    Current Employee - Server/Waiter in Chelsea, MA

I have been working at Chili's part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Like a Big family ! Most the staff are amazing ! Good money to be made ( as long as u work hard ) it can be very fast paced so you have to be an energetic person that doesn't buckle under pressure 2 managers just left and 2 have come I think some good and needed changes will be made. Renee is an extremely hardworking and very caring manager. And im thankful Amanda has joined our team. Very promising.

Cons

Managers have come and gone too often .. But I think the 4 we have are here to stay .. And I think they are gonna be a good team

Chili's Photos