Chili's

Chili's Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Chili's President Wyman Roberts

Wyman Roberts

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, will always try to work with you (in 40 reviews)

• Staff are mostly friendly and mostly flexible hours (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, loosing too many of company's biggest fans over the last few years (in 16 reviews)

• Management quality of life is horrendous (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Good job to have until the next one

Server/Waiter (Current Employee) Mountain Home, AR

ProsOverall, a fun place to work. Decent money for the area and flexibility with scheduling. Management comes from within so most situations are dealt with by experienced leadership.

ConsClientele are pushy, rude, and have a tremendous sense of entitlement. Business is ALWAYS busy and customers are generally irritable and are extremely difficult to please

Nice!

Waitress (Current Employee) Chicago, WI

ProsI like the environment and the generous customers that appreciate my service to them.

ConsLunch rush, occasional rude customers...Could use more benefits to part-time employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe considerate to their employees that some customers can be mean and we put up with them well nicely

Great management, flexible schedule, decent tips

Food Server (Current Employee) Encino, CA

ProsGreat management, flexible schedule with good support from managers. Not responsible for walk outs so there's a big plus.

ConsTips are ok but steady. Clientele are sometimes not great but that's to be expected.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing

Server/Bartender (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsHours and staff are great

Conscurrently we are short staffed but otherwise no complaints.

Good Money for a college student or recent college grad looking for a career.

Server/Bartender/Trainer/Shift Leader/Public Relations/Expiditer (Former Employee) Freehold, NJ

ProsFlexble hours, fun atmosphere, get paid cash every shift you work, company offers insurance plans (not good though) Company promotes within. If you aspire to become a manager or bartender then prove your abilities to management and let your aspirations and goals be known. Great for a 2nd job or weekend job, 1/2 off your check when visiting other Brinker Restaurants, Constant feedback from guests survey's so you know what works and what needs improvment. Great charity work especially for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, and give back nights. Large sections to maxamize your income and incentives to sell promotional items. I was lucky enough to work with mostly amazing managers

ConsLong hours with no breaks (if working a double straight through) Some stores have excellent managers but I have worked with terrible managers which makes the shift a nightmare. Having to follow franchise rules "perfect 10" to every table in fear of being secret shopped. Gem should not determine how well a store is doing. I understand the importance but it should not be the be all end all. Employees have a very limited menu to choose from if they want to pay 1/2 off their meal for break. Horrible insurance plans for part-time, full-time, and managers. Every store is different but if you have a terrible manager you know the shift is not going to be fun/organized.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the great charity work, especially for St. Jude's. The Brinker Family Fund is an amazing program and should always remain part of Brinker. Lighten up a little bit when it comes to GEM, sometimes it's hard to get people to go home and fill out surveys. Management crew should be consistent when it comes to policy, I've seen conflicting policies for closing duties and other policies between diffrent managers. One manager would get upset because you did something that the previous manager instructed you to do. Overall I think Chili's is a great job w/ potential to make it a career if you want to however, the insurance plans are just awful.

Serving position at Chili's grill and bar

Server/Waiter (Former Employee) Valdosta, GA

ProsOpportunity to manage your own income based on your how hard/efficiently you are willing to work, flexible scheduling, good for college students.

ConsLong hours, no base pay, employee will often have to deal with picky or difficult customers. GEM surveys.

Wait table and clean restaurant

Food Server (Current Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsPay based on my work ethic and workable hours.

ConsThe shifts can be late hours.

Ok team service, and HORRIBLE management!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe food is good, where I worked was very clean. I wasn' t qualified for benefits till a year of working there. The team service was good if you were a server. As far as a bartender or QA no help what so ever in running food or cleaning THEIR tables.

ConsIt was very disturbing what went on at this Chili's location. Two of the managers were having affairs with employees and it even went to corporate and they still stayed there and swept it under the rug leaving the team members to be treated like crap for letting corporate know what was going on in this restaraunt. Running so low on staff putting new people on bar that were not even trained for the position. The hours are crap to make a living.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees and put more professional people in the management jobs! Having affairs with cooks and servers while being a manager?

made good money

Server/Bartender (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Proshours money and freedom paid vacations insurance

Conscorporate restaurant b.s., bad guests = bad days at work

Advice to Senior ManagementStop appeasing every guest that walks through the door. sometimes the customer is not always right and are just trying to get free meals. Quit being scared of the threat of race based lawsuits.

Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company to work for.

ConsI don't have any cons.

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!