Chiltern International

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chiltern International CEO Dr Jim Esinhart

Dr Jim Esinhart

Really friendly and open approach to working together

Director (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsFlat management structure. I can easily speak to those in charge. Pragmatic approach to problem solving. Easy to talk with other decision makers. Easy to change policy and procedures if you can provide a good arguement. No heavy "corporate culture". Good home-based policy.

ConsNot such good project management forecasting tools as seen at some of the larger CROs.
    Admins are rather thin on the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter willingness to invest in appropriate tools to make our jobs easier.

Excellent company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsWelcoming, forward thinking and innovative. A collective of like minded people that have a good work/life balance.

ConsSystems and processes need to be refined.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Great place to work

ProsFlexible working options available
    Friendly environment
    Management are approachable and seen around the building
    Work hard and you will be rewarded, maybe not always financially but by earning trust and the opportunity to take on more responsibility.

ConsLonger working hours than some companies - 40 hour week
    No private healthcare benefit as standard

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Really good company to work for.

ProsNice office atmosphere, good facilities.
    Friendly environment and approachable management
    Great opportunities for progression
    Open to flexible working options
    Nice to work in a global company, but to not so large that it feels impersonal
    Flexible and forward thinking
    Good employee benefits

ConsNone. I have been here 5 years and have no plans to move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay approachable and ensure staff continue to feel valued. This is what makes it a great place to work.

Chiltern Not the company it was

ProsIf you are in management you don't have to do much work

ConsNo inter-departmental or global communication.
    Each country office is managed differently.
    No transparency.
    Poor career opportunities if you are not prepared to stay at Chiltern for life.
    The investment company that owns Chiltern is not looking at employees futures, just profit.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more work and inform your employees
    Listen to employees before you make decisions about things you don't work with.
    You title does NOT mean you know what you are doing

My time at Chiltern has been fun and full of learning experiences.

Administrator (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsInternational outlook, great learning opportunities, a friendly environment where you're a name not a number, opportunities to work flexibly, dress down Fridays, fresh fruit provided for all staff daily free of charge. If you show initiative you will be given the opportunity to take on more.

Consbreak out/communal lunch area is quite small

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep approachable and keep up with the all hands meetings

Offers opportunity and flexibility

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsStrong, open management. Good benefits, flexibility and opportunities for personal growth.

ConsI have been with Chiltern for over 10 years and cannot think of a downside worth mentioning.

Chiltern is a professional CRO

ProsWork life balance is good.

ConsCareer growth is limited to certain level.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink out of box.

Good working atmosphere!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bad Homburg vor der Höhe (Germany)

ProsGood leadership and management. Good team work. Good communication. Very good training programmes. Free parking.

ConsLow salary range. Few Benefits. No canteen.

Life made difficult by manager and was pregnant

Senior Regulatory Manager (Former Employee) Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

ProsI don't work there any more!!

ConsTold by manager thati had to take maternity appointments on my own time and that once a month was "too many". When took manager to hr, felt I got treated unfairly and would have done them for constructive dismissal if I hadn't felt so stressed and depressed. Sideline you once pregnant.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure managers are appropriately trained in hr policies and law and are made to realise that being on maternity leave is temporary. Make sure managers adhere to policies and do not tolerate bullying.

Chiltern International Associate Director, HR responded to this review

Jan 24, 2013

It was surprising to read this review. Chiltern International Limited employs a high percentage of female employees and subsequently support a large number of employee pregnancies. We have always ... More

Worked for Chiltern International? Contribute to the Community!