Chinatrust Financial Reviews

Reset
3.3
Daniel I. K. Wu

1. Good place to get experience, bad place to spend your career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

I have been working at Chinatrust Financial

Pros

Coworkers are very nice and direct management is generally very supportive.. Company is growing globally and is looking to hire more internationally.

Cons

Still retains the mindset of an old Asian bank (i.e. meritocracy is not emphasized as much as years of service and personal connections). HR has a lot of power and are notoriously inflexible when it comes to salary levels and moving packages which results in a relatively high turnover

Advice to Management

Corporate culture needs to be changed to align more with international expansion strategy. HR needs to be reigned in and a more rational meritocracy-based compensation/promotion system needs to be implemented.

2. Local bank with global dreams

I have been working at Chinatrust Financial

Pros

- Good pay relative to other local banks - More professionally managed - One of the big local players - Good reputation

Cons

- Discussion of cons needs to be an internal exercise - However, one of the main problems is the international exposure required

Advice to Management

- Think bigger, do bigger, learn - Focus on markets outside domestic one - Shed conservatism in favor of aggressive expansion

3. Overall a great place to work.

Former Employee - Sales Officer in Makati, Rizal (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Sales Officer in Makati, Rizal (Philippines)

I worked at Chinatrust Financial

Pros

Colleagues are professional, fun, supportive and competent. Recruitment system is aligned to the Vision, Mission of the company. Training program is excellent. Benefits extend to family members.

Cons

Salary package is ok but lesser than competition. An incident of leniency lead to fraud issues.

Advice to Management

In my few years with the bank, I can say I was very satisfied and can only recommend constant improvement and staff retention should be paid close attention to.

RSS Feed </> Embed