Chino Valley Medical Center Reviews

1. very good

Current Employee - Histology Tech in Chino, CA
    Current Employee - Histology Tech in Chino, CA

I have been working at Chino Valley Medical Center

Pros

the company treats their employees good

Cons

promotions is not as fast

Advice to Management

needs to be more pro active about the department

2. Very strict work environment

Former Employee - Student in Chino, CA
    Former Employee - Student in Chino, CA

I worked at Chino Valley Medical Center

Pros

The place is close to LA. Its about one hour away. If you are a nurse at the place, you will have a lot of autonomy and learn a lot. You work closely with the residents to manage pt. Its a small place so everyone knows everyone else.

Cons

The area around it is not very nice. There are a lot of Spanish pt so if you don't speak spanish it could be a disadvantage. You also need to listen to the big boss who is both the CEO and the chief of the residency and make sure you stay on his good side. There seems to be a lot of discontent among the residents there. But the place is what you make of it I suppose.

Advice to Management

Give more flexibility to workers working shift work and also provide a more cooperative and interdisciplinary work environment. Make sure the residents are treating everyone else nicely and also have good communication with staff at all level of the hospital.

3. Working in the Laboratory I am experiencing some Harrasment.. Undermining efforts, clicky and not welcoming

Current Employee - CPT in Chino, CA
    Current Employee - CPT in Chino, CA

I have been working at Chino Valley Medical Center

Pros

Wonderful Nursing from what I have seen.. and Great Doctors

Cons

working with intimidation,threats and out of control behaviors quarreling among workers, clicks and people who are tryijng to undermine one another me right now when I first started I was being told by my preceptor that PM shift doesn't do there job and telling of a specific individual name I wont mention is very incompetent. I thought that was inappropriate for her to tell me this about someone that I had not met yet.. I was told that I have enemies here in my 1st week that I need to watch my back and that my trainer is the one talking about me behind my back for everyone to hear loudly in the break room... I think this makes for a very hard environment for learning and really discouraging. If I need to ask a question or communicate information I am being ignored and given a sarcastic answer. There is no manager in the Dept at nite to bring the matter to. This Dept. need a manager and rules and a good team leader.

Advice to Management

This Dept. needs correction and a designated experienced Team Leader to train. We also need a Manager that is present in the Lab so that behaviors that are going on can be seen... Thank you

5. Learning experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chino, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chino, CA

I worked at Chino Valley Medical Center full-time

Pros

Good location, opportunities to learn and gain experience, many projects to participate in. Some friendly, helpful individuals. Kind patients and family members to interact with.

Cons

Weak team spirit and communication among different departments. Weak leadership among key departments, laving staff to take on many tasks and make many decisions on their own, or overlook important responsibilities. Inadequate salary.

Advice to Management

Unify different departments together. Work together instead of vilifying one another. Give reasonable workloads. This may require adding more employees to the team. Promote healthy, positive, mature culture. Recognize and integrate other departments other than just Nursing and Physicians.

RSS Feed </> Embed