Chipotle

Chipotle Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2014

Chipotle Co-CEOs Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran

Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran

Pros:
  • "The perks of getting free food during your shift was amazing"
    in 69 reviews
  • "You MIGHT get a free meal before you start an 8 hour shift, with no break"
    in 61 reviews
Cons:
  • "The amount of pay for the amount of work sucks big time"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Upper management doesn't understand how to not micro manage everything"
    in 19 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good company, needs improvement management wise

Aurora, IL

I have been working at Chipotle part-time for more than a year

ProsFree meals when working and 50% when not working. Can move up quickly if your dedicated

Conspoor management, always busy, night shift feels like it never ends.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for people who actually want to work not just young people who want to stand there and get paid.

It was a learning and stretching experience.

Crew Member (Former Employee)
Lake Forest, CA

I worked at Chipotle part-time for less than a year

Pros-Time passes quickly
-You work with people who have all had to start at the bottom of cashier
-Free food for breaks and 50% discount when you are off your shift

Cons-Not a great amount of training
-Draining
-Takes a special kind of person to work at Chipotle
-Constantly on-call

Advice to Senior ManagementHire enough people so you don't have to call your employees on their days off.

Get ready to smell !

Cashier and Crew Member (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Chipotle full-time for less than a year

ProsFREE FOOD YESSSSSSSSS!!! & a lot of hours and healthy food

ConsEverything so much work I hate it there worst job you casher cool and pre all together , stressful job if your Mexican who needs money this is the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us a better pay!!!

Fast- paced demanding job

I have been working at Chipotle full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat co-workers, free employee meal, and a flexible schedule. Management is always pushing you to become a more efficient worker.

ConsExhausting shifts! The lines are out of the doors the majority of the time, so you can expect to be constantly moving/ running around your entire shift without much of a break sometimes. Customers can also be very picky/ don't understand the menu, so you have to have a lot of patience to help them out. It is a lot of work for the hourly wage you receive.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it easier for crew members to take off a day of work. There are usually not enough employees to have somebody cover your shift, since the restaurant is so busy.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Honesty and hard work not enough

Apprentice General Manager (Former Employee)
Newport News, VA

I worked at Chipotle full-time for less than a year

ProsThey have a great concept. A great product and some great people. I loved my job.

ConsThey don't care enough about effort and desire or dedication to the company or the team. If you can't promote people in a timely manner your done. I'm not mad, I'm disappointed that I put so much time and personal energy into a company I worked hard for and believed in so strongly and was discarded so easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen people bleed for you, give them more than a thanks your a great guy but go away. Live up to the "13" and treat the ones who have it better.

NO hours :/

Crew Member (Former Employee)
Mount Dora, FL

I worked at Chipotle part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat product, Free lunch, great co workers, great food thats about it!!!! pay is not good at all.

ConsI was unlucky enough to land in the only Chipotle in the US that was constantly empty and had very little chance on getting hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement at chipotle are very kind nice people. They do lack real leadership skills though since most of them dont really have a college education.

Overwhelmed

General Manager (Current Employee)
Bowling Green, OH

I have been working at Chipotle full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis company is very people oriented. If you want to advance quickly it can happen

ConsThis company promotes a very laid back atmosphere but doesn't take into account that when you promote young people to leaders you are not setting them up success when dealing with such a laid back young environment. Upper management doesn't understand how to not micro manage everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust the people you put in certain positions. We are all adults, and if you don't trust us, then were not meant for that position. It cripples confidence and progression.

Great Product and Direction, Poor Leadership

Tampa, FL

I have been working at Chipotle part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat food, free meal when working and 50% off when not.
Fast paced makes time go by quickly
Paid break
Great product

ConsWork with a general manager and apprentice that spend 3/4s of their time in the office taking care of "paperwork" when other managers let you know there can't be possibly hours and hours of paperwork to do. Very hypocritical as they harp on you if you get on your phone or use the restroom for a minute if any customer is in line but will do the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should be the leaders, not the boss, big difference.

Decent pay for first job, expect to work, expect high expectations. overall, it's OK.

Austin, TX

I have been working at Chipotle part-time for less than a year

ProsPays more than most fastfood jobs
free meal every shift
very possible to move up in company (very laid-out, bottom-up path)
huge learning experience
good company to have on your resume
high quality standards, they care about what they're serving

Consyou will work hard, from beginning to end of shits
very stressful during customer rushes
very high pressure from not only management to perform impossibly well
extremely corporate chain that drills their vision into your head, can be extremely annoying
they quiz you all the time on policies and store vision and other corporate crap (irritating)

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement is fine really, pressure from them comes from pressure from corporate. Corporate, chill out, chipotle customers care less than you think they do. in fact, some of the policies that are meant to add quality, customers complain they are wasteful and pointless. no big deal tough.

They underpay everybody (except the people in corporate)

Take Out Specialist (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Chipotle full-time for less than a year

ProsFree food with every shift, 50% off when not working or taking food to-go, nice managers, very structured work environment

ConsThey expect SO much of you and pay you less than even dairy queen pays their employees. Here in Texas they start you off at 8.50 hourly for crew and expect you to memorize a whole slew of things and work you to the bone in a hellishly hot and loud kitchen working with miserable and rude customers. Managers are grossly over worked and underpaid as well. Kitchen managers make 10.50/hr and service managers make 11.50/hour, and once again so much is expected of them and the job is absolutely exhausting. Once they snag you with a salary if you make it to apprentice GM or GM they make you work 50-60 hours and week and corporate is constantly up your ass about every single little thing. If paid hourly, salaried managers would make a couple dollars (if even that) over what hourly employees make. They keep people hanging on by teasing them with the idea of getting promoted to corporate. Their business model is a pyramid scheme.

Advice to Senior ManagementPAY YOUR EMPLOYEES WHAT THEY ARE WORTH. You lose SO many good people because you take them all for granted.

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!

Chipotle Videos

Chipotle – Why Work for Us?

CULTIVATING FUTURE LEADERS START YOUR CAREER ROLLING One of the many reasons why Chipotle is unlike other fast food companies is the fact that nearly all of the leaders are promoted from our crew. Many restaurant… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chipotle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chipotle CEO Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran. All 475 reviews posted anonymously by Chipotle employees.