Chipotle

Chipotle Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Chipotle Co-CEOs Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran

Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran

Pros:
  • "The perks of getting free food during your shift was amazing"
    in 75 reviews
  • "You MIGHT get a free meal before you start an 8 hour shift, with no break"
    in 71 reviews
Cons:
  • "The amount of pay for the amount of work sucks big time"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Upper management doesn't understand how to not micro manage everything"
    in 20 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

chipotle

Prosfast past and very out going people

Consmore give aways and more friendly workers

Great place to work in another location...

Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee)
    Hagerstown, MD

ProsGreat pay, fast paced environment, great opportunities to move up. Would definitely recommend over any other fast food restaurant. Can be a lot of fun.

Consbusy busy busy all the time, dont always get a break. I wouldn't recommend it as a first time job just because you may not be used to the pace of business.

I am a Take Out Specialist and certified crew trainer working part time for the company for 3 1/2 years while in college

Take Out Specialist (Current Employee)
    West Lafayette, IN

ProsFree food, 50% off when you are not working, fun enviroment, opportunity for advancement, biannual raises

ConsStressful work environment, dealing with unintelligent people

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good learning experience

Apprentice General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsWonderful people, very fast paced, great values

ConsVery high turnover rate, lack of appreciation towards GM/ Apprentice from District management, impossible goals for bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementI watched three General managers get fired from my restaurant in a matter of a year in a half. I loved working for this company but more times than not I was acting as a General manager only after 2-3 months of being an apprentice. I honestly believe all of the turnover and negativity came from our DM. It was a great learning experience and it has taught me a lot. I keep in touch with my old crew and things spiraled out of control after I left for a different company. It's been eight months since I've been out of Chipotle and things are starting to look up for my restaurant. I'm still very passionate about my crew- Chipotle has this strange effect on people where no matter how much you despise it when things get rough you still can't help but care. Despite my experience this is a great company to work for. My advice to management is be a little bit more understanding and put yourself in a Gm's shoes. There are a million people who are passionate about this company who are willing to do whatever it takes to move up but please understand that life happens. We're humans too.

Management really involved and LOTS of opportunity to move up!

Cashier/Crew Member (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsI really like that they try to make the work experience enjoyable for their employees and actually care about your development and even what's going on in your life. Their goal when hiring you is to make you a manager. The training is clear and everyone is there if you have questions. (The pay isn't too shabby either)

ConsThe only cons would be that it can get a little stressful during peak hours and Chipotle adheres to high standards so if you're the kind of person who does the least...you won't succeed there but chances are they wouldn't hire you if that was the case.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think some managers could be a little better with motivation. Some of them end up pestering people instead of encouraging them.

Good experience

Crew Member (Former Employee)

Pros30 minute paid break, tips, great atmosphere

Consleadership, they make you take your break right away and you dont get another one, understaffing

New Hire @ Deer Park Chipotle

Line Worker (Current Employee)
    Deer Park, NY

ProsFamily Oriented Workplace. Staff is well knowledgeable as well. Free Lunch & Paid Breaks.

ConsN/A!!!!!! :D So far this company is amazing!!

Most of the time I was miserable and awaited the day I could leave for good.

Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee)
    Santa Ana, CA

Prosfree food during your break, paid breaks, great food

ConsA lot of work for little pay, under staffed, constant pressure and stress, over worked at one point. before you consider working there do research to know what you are getting into. There is a whole website dedicated to to much people hated working there (Chipotle sucks.com) I agreed with most of it. Most of my conversations with my co-workers was with much they wanted to leave. Super picky management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick better managers who know how to take criticism and don't just sit around criticizing you.

Fast-paced, but very well structured.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMostly flexible hours, structured work environment, opportunities to be trained in multiple skill-sets, encourages team building, food is delicious

ConsVery fast-paced, high employee turn-over rate

Not what I expected.

Cashier and Crew Member (Current Employee)

ProsHigh food quality and cleaning standards. Meals are paid for while you are working.

ConsThe job is very routine. If you are okay with doing the same thing over and over again, it is not bad there really is no room for creativity. Also, unless you are handy with with a knife and do well in food production, you will find yourself at a disadvantage.

Advice to Senior ManagementA better focus on training would be my advise, especially for those who may not be so great in the fields of culinary expertise.

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!

Chipotle Videos

Chipotle – Why Work for Us?

CULTIVATING FUTURE LEADERS START YOUR CAREER ROLLING One of the many reasons why Chipotle is unlike other fast food companies is the fact that nearly all of the leaders are promoted from our crew. Many restaurant… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chipotle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chipotle CEO Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran. All 542 reviews posted anonymously by Chipotle employees.