Chipotle Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
3.4

Chipotle Co-CEOs Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran
Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran

Pros
  • The perks of getting free food during your shift was amazing (in 82 reviews)

• The company allows 1 free meal to its employees per shift worked (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Not paid enough for the amount of work expected to be done (in 13 reviews)

• Fast paced environment (for those who don't like that) (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Not a bad place to work

I worked at Chipotle

Pros

Flexible with scheduling, willing to work with me to design appropriate shift scheduling. Co workers were incredibly friendly and willing to help, which is useful, particularly in training.

Cons

The money is probably not worth the work involved, can be pretty demanding and the base pay is relatively low.

Chipotle is a great company to with lots of opportunity for growth and advancement if you put in the effort.

Current Employee - Chipotle Crew Member  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Chipotle Crew Member in New York, NY

I have been working at Chipotle full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work is fun and fast paced, team members are great to work with since all share the 13 characteristics

Cons

Difficult labor and work ethic that is applied by some managers

N/A

Great opportunity for advancement, but little corporate accountability for upper level managers.

Former Employee - Service Manager
    Former Employee - Service Manager

I worked at Chipotle full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great crew.
    -Tough but rewarding work.
    -Learn a lot of really cool cooking and kitchen skills.
    -Develop a good sense of customer service.
    -Relatively easy to get promoted and Apprentices and GM's make very good money for people in their younger 20's.

Cons

-Very little starting pay unless you can become a manager.
    - Little to know accountability from corporate when it comes to how stores are run.
    - Good job for college students or someone trying to just start off in a new place, but if you have bills to pay then look somewhere else unless you can advance quickly through the management ranks.

Care more about your employees than your customers and pay more attention to what your GM's are doing in their stores.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company and Great People 9 out of 10 times

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Madison, WI

I worked at Chipotle part-time for more than a year

Pros

Having been a Chipotle connoisseur prior to working at one, I already knew the ins and outs of my regular Chipotle and knew the people very well. With that being said, I had a fantastic time working there and with everyone. We ran a tight ship and throughput was always fantastic. Almost no issues at all when I worked there. I've been to over 300 Chipotle and I will say that I've only seen a handful of bad places- but they are REALLY bad.

Cons

However, some Chipotle that I have been to have not been run well at all and the crew never seem to get their act together. And now with that being said, I feel that Corporate doesn't do well in fixing problem places but they do spend a lot of energy acknowledging the Restauranteurs and the places doing well. You either get a great manager or the restaurant just goes down.

Spend more time helping fix the places that aren't doing well. Sometimes you have to get rid of a General Manager and replace them so that your incredibly high turnover rate goes down and people actually learn to do their jobs.

Excellent!

Former Employee - Cashier and Crew Member  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier and Crew Member in New York, NY

I worked at Chipotle part-time for less than a year

Pros

Chipotle offers growth within the company, you can move up several levels. It is a fast paced environment and the day always goes by quickly.

Cons

Customers can get pretty rude. Being that its a fast paced environment, it can get tiring. Long lines as well, almost always.

Chipotle is an overall great experience

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Louisville, KY

I worked at Chipotle part-time for less than a year

Pros

Perks- discount on food, promotions especially since it was a new store, the teamwork of the co-workers.

Cons

Changing your shifts. A lot of times when you are scheduled and something comes up where you have to change your shift it is very hard to change the shift because co-workers aren't willing to switch with you or management gets upset. You have to keep a fast pace no matter what you do or you may get fired.

Great experience

I have been working at Chipotle

Pros

Coworkers are great.
    Pay is good.
    Challenging yet rewarding.

Cons

Hard work
    Fast paced
    People will talk behind your back once your gone

great hours

I have been working at Chipotle

Pros

good hours, co workers were great , management

Cons

low pay ,a lot of pressure, very fast pasted

Great Company

Former Employee - Prep Cook  in  Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Prep Cook in Naperville, IL

I worked at Chipotle part-time for less than a year

Pros

They use really fresh food and natural ingredients. Employees get free food. You can work your way up the company. Coworkers were cool for the most part.

Cons

The starting pay is pretty close to minimum wage. The place is constantly crowded and you have to always be on your toes. There are some people that aren't very qualified to be in management. Scheduling wasn't that flexible.

Be happy and kind to your employees. Smile.

Collaborative and innovative environment focused on bringing only the best service and food to its customers.

Former Employee - Fundraising Coordinator  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Fundraising Coordinator in Denver, CO

I worked at Chipotle as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Almost all co-workers are easy and fun to work with. Strong focus on empowerment and making sure you have the resources needed to succeed. Time off policies very flexible even for contractors.

Cons

Each department has its own unique culture and when interviewing be sure to find out what sets each department apart . There is some micromanagement, but more often then not you can give feedback and advice.

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!