Chipotle

Updated January 26, 2015
3.4

Chipotle Co-CEOs Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran
Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran

Pros
  • You get free food if you work and the income is a bit higher than most other places (in 120 reviews)

• You get one free meal the days you go working and 50% off when you not working (in 98 reviews)

Cons
  • Not paid enough for the amount of work expected to be done (in 17 reviews)

• Very fast paced, values can some times feel like they are in the way of productivity (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

CHIPOTLE is the place to be if you are someone who can feel empowered in the workplace, and on all ends!

Current Employee - Crew Member in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (less than a year)

Pros

From the meals, down to the whole infrastructure of how this company works, and treats its employees, Chipotle truly knows how to provide an exceedingly better experience each and every day.

They actually keep up on your progress and want, more than ever, for you to get better and better at what you do. Their whole company culture is based off of how much better you can make the person next to you. This fuels a great deal of motivation, empowerment, and refinement in each of the awesome processes that take place while you work. In fact, knowing that teaching and working your knowledge with somebody outside of yourself is one of the best ways to cement said knowledge, I find it to be very, very wise of them to do this. It has propelled me tenfold, within the short month and a half I have put in here, so far.

The next Pro on my list would definitely have to be the fact that everyone communicates efficiently. Having a team of Top Performers means that the crew will surely take after the example of the Management in the aspect of communication, and problem solving, which they actively engage in with the team on a daily basis, during our chip talks. They do a good job of empowering us through that communication, so we may make the same type of choices in wake of any problem.

The last one I will rant about is the food. I have been in love with this place since I was 14, and now I am even more in love, knowing how it all comes together, and what it takes to run at the efficiency we do on the daily. But aside from that, being able to take part in fresh whole food, with naturally raised chicken, and No-GMO's to slow me down, is the biggest bonus of all. I am fueled, and my body reacts accordingly during my shifts. I have noticed a vast improvement in my muscle function and my energy levels since starting here.. vast..

And if that isn't enough, here is a list of a few more reason I love my job!

- Family-like and friendly crew, upper management, and corporate employees, whom also care about your progress, and well-being.

-They work with your schedule always, as long as you truly have an arrangement that needs to be met.

-They pay more than most fast food places when hired on, by almost a dollar or so.

-They have hours to give due to the deployment requirements for the line.

-2 Meals per 6+ hour shift.

-Holiday parties/events

-Guilt-Free Employer

-They make an effort to source mostly organic, Non-GMO foods, when possible, from local farmers. This helps the farming and agriculture industry a great deal in terms of family owned farms, who need this kind of business to keep them going, and extend their methods for higher yields. This would create more fresh, whole-foods for more people.

Cons

I have no complaints that are relevant to the happiness my job brings me. :)

Keep doing what you are doing, My Friends!

I worked in the food preparation of Chiptole.

Former Employee - Cook, Fast Food
    Former Employee - Cook, Fast Food

I worked at Chipotle part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at Chipotle was a great experience. It was a fun environment with decent pay. Managers were fun to work with, and I was proud of the food i was serving to customers

Cons

Corporate treated us like children. Although they were respectful, being treated like an idiot gets old.

All upper management should work for at least a month in the stores

Great people working together for a great company

Current Employee - Kitchen Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Kitchen Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Actively feel like you are changing the idea of fast food
    Good training
    Opportunities for advancement
    Great free food

Cons

Can take a while to get in the swing of things

Awesome Experience, Couldn't have asked for a better first job

Current Employee - Crew Member in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free meals when you are working and 50% when you are not. Opportunity and opportunity. If you are looking for a job where you want to become a manager, Chipotle offers many many many opportunities for growth. Within my 2 years of working for the company I have seen over half of my co workers be promoted from crew members into management positions. The company offers raises every 6 months, holiday bonuses, paid vacation, 401k, and health benefits. Very flexible with hours, as a student, my managers worked with my schedule. I couldn't have asked for a better crew or managers that made me feel 100% appreciated and valued.

Cons

Shifts can be long and tiresome, handwork, but worth it!

Keep up the amazing work.

Great place to work, but not an easy job

Former Employee - Crew Member in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Nashville, TN

I worked at Chipotle part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay, excellent opportunities for advancement, free Chipotle and oftentimes free Starbucks or Donuts, great co-workers, lots of hours if you work hard, long breaks, health benefits.

Chipotle has strong values regarding people and food, if you believe in them, it is really empowering! Managers at all levels really care about the store and employees.

Cons

Difficult work, always busy, can be very exhausting

Grill/prep

I have been working at Chipotle

Pros

People, managers are cool to work with

Cons

Pay is not great for all the work they want you to do

Stop treating it like it's a 5 start restaurant. You make burritos. It's fast food.

Crew member

Current Employee - Cashier and Crew Member in Clifton, OH
    Current Employee - Cashier and Crew Member in Clifton, OH

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The personality of people chosen to work at chipotle locations is primarily very outgoing and upbeat and it makes the overall environment very pleasant. If you are a quick learner and enjoy working in a fast-paced setting, this could be the job for you! Free meal every shift and 50% off the clock

Cons

Pretty repetitive but that's something you can expect. If you're ready to be trained on a different task management will usually make sure it happens

Keep on implementing our high standards! Best part about our company is how much we value always fresh food.

It's great most of the time, but there are times I want to quit.

Current Employee - Crew Member in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's a very friendly environment, with people who want to climb up the ladder. I also love the fact that we are so dedicated to food with integrity.

Cons

The work sometimes can be tiring, especially during peak hours. Some co-workers do not actually empower you to be better at what you do, but rather make jokes out of it.

Great Company To Work For

Current Employee - Kitchen Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Kitchen Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Paid Break
    -Advancement Within Company
    -Free Meal on every Shift

Cons

-Young Management is inexperienced
    -Training lacks at some stores

-Training Could be a lot better for employees and managers

working for chiptle is slowly but surely changing my life

Current Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook in Richmond Heights, St. Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook in Richmond Heights, St. Louis, MO

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

the opportunities that this company offers are amazing, ive never worked for anybody or seen anybody who has unlimited opportunities and actually act on what they say.

Cons

moving up, learning some of the stations at a timely fashion.

better evalluate the managers that you promote