Chipotle

Chipotle Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Chipotle Co-CEOs Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran

Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran

Pros
  • The perks of getting free food during your shift was amazing(in 82 reviews)

• The company allows 1 free meal to its employees per shift worked(in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Not paid enough for the amount of work expected to be done(in 13 reviews)

• Fast paced environment (for those who don't like that)(in 21 reviews)

Never stops

Take Out Specialist (Current Employee) Hialeah, FL

ProsChance to move up in management, raises every 6 months and great benefits

ConsToo much for for the pay and it never stops

Line

Line Worker (Former Employee) Washington, DC

Pros-Fast Paced
    -Time goes by fast
    - Decent Pay
    -Paid Lunch
    -Free Lunch

Cons-Many customers
    -Sometimes give you 4 hour work days and sometimes 10 hour work days.
    -Random hours

Great till the end.

General Manager (Current Employee) Eatontown, NJ

ProsTons of room for advancement, great vision, great food, and great people culture.

ConsExtremely high standards and expectations and sometimes not achievable. Always looking to do more with less.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen someone puts their blood and sweat into making your company grow for 8 years. When it comes time to let them go, a severance would be nice way to say thank you. 8 years and all I get is "there is the door ."

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery friendly staff and team. Great food and great benefits.

ConsNothing other than the long hours. If you enjoy people and food you will love it.

satisfying

Prosworked through college and it was a great gig. free meal when you work at 50% when you're not working.

Consfood industry, so the cleaning process is very tedious.

Great culture, but "start your career rolling" a little misleading

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat, positive culture. Even if all you're doing is rolling burritos, management invests in you, makes it as fun as it can be. People with bad attitudes don't stick around long, so the teams are really great.

ConsOpportunity of advancement is oversold. All-minority crew, including lots of smart, hardworking people, consistently got passed over for less-skilled people with:

1. White skin

2. College degrees.

3. No relevant experience, or time at the company

The idea of working your way up from the bottom was exciting, but it was disappointing to see all-star players get overlooked for less-competent people with the right skin color.

I say this, for what it's worth, as a white guy with a degree from a selective college. I was given opportunities I don't think I had earned, compared to some of the stellar people who worked there, and I saw this consistently during my time at CMG.

Advice to Senior ManagementUm, fix that last con. You guys have an amazing company, and amazing food, and it's a truly wonderful atmosphere. But forget about education and skin color, start promoting the people who work hard and make their teams happy and strong.

great coworkers, and managers were understanding

Crew Member (Current Employee) Alhambra, CA

ProsOne of the biggest pros of this place is that the people working with you are really great. They remember each other's birthdays, surprise each other with birthday cakes. One time after we closed the shop, we played soccer outside in the parking lot for an hour.

ConsThey make you work a lot for the money that they pay you. There's never a dull moment, it's really fast-paced.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing whatever that you are doing.

Awesome

ProsThe food, people, you move up quickly in the company, and its easy.

ConsIf you arent working up to par, you will be fired quickly.

Chipotle is a well thought-out company that allows employees to move up quickly given the right management.

ProsEasy to move up if you are willing to put in the work.
    After working for a year, the benefits are nice.
    The food is tasty and free when you work.
    Great culture and principles to understand.

ConsNo work/life balance.
    If you are looking to move up, do not expect much free time at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk more about becoming Restauranteur with your employees. Also, talk more about the perks and how everything works when moving up more and more.

Chipotle Recruitment Communications Specialist responded to this review

Jul 10, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We take these seriously, and will be sure to pass along your comments to our leadership teams. Keep up the good work! Thanks. -Jen

Great place to work in IT Department

QA Engineer (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFlexible, easy going people, great place to learn and work

Consleadership change will get IT department in great shape

Advice to Senior ManagementIts a growing company, keeping transparent will make IT dept. more successful with growth of company.

Chipotle National Recruiting Consultant responded to this review

Jul 10, 2014

Thanks so much for the review and we are happy to hear that you had a great experience. Your feedback about where we can improve is valuable and we will share this with our leadership to further ... More

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!