www.chipotle.com

Updated January 31, 2015
3.4

Chipotle Co-CEOs Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran
Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran

Pros
  • You get free food if you work and the income is a bit higher than most other places (in 120 reviews)

• You get one free meal the days you go working and 50% off when you not working (in 98 reviews)

Cons
  • Not paid enough for the amount of work expected to be done (in 17 reviews)

• Very fast paced, values can some times feel like they are in the way of productivity (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

CHIPOTLE is the place to be if you are someone who can feel empowered in the workplace, and on all ends!

Current Employee - Crew Member in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (less than a year)

Pros

From the meals, down to the whole infrastructure of how this company works, and treats its employees, Chipotle truly knows how to provide an exceedingly better experience each and every day.

They actually keep up on your progress and want, more than ever, for you to get better and better at what you do. Their whole company culture is based off of how much better you can make the person next to you. This fuels a great deal of motivation, empowerment, and refinement in each of the awesome processes that take place while you work. In fact, knowing that teaching and working your knowledge with somebody outside of yourself is one of the best ways to cement said knowledge, I find it to be very, very wise of them to do this. It has propelled me tenfold, within the short month and a half I have put in here, so far.

The next Pro on my list would definitely have to be the fact that everyone communicates efficiently. Having a team of Top Performers means that the crew will surely take after the example of the Management in the aspect of communication, and problem solving, which they actively engage in with the team on a daily basis, during our chip talks. They do a good job of empowering us through that communication, so we may make the same type of choices in wake of any problem.

The last one I will rant about is the food. I have been in love with this place since I was 14, and now I am even more in love, knowing how it all comes together, and what it takes to run at the efficiency we do on the daily. But aside from that, being able to take part in fresh whole food, with naturally raised chicken, and No-GMO's to slow me down, is the biggest bonus of all. I am fueled, and my body reacts accordingly during my shifts. I have noticed a vast improvement in my muscle function and my energy levels since starting here.. vast..

And if that isn't enough, here is a list of a few more reason I love my job!

- Family-like and friendly crew, upper management, and corporate employees, whom also care about your progress, and well-being.

-They work with your schedule always, as long as you truly have an arrangement that needs to be met.

-They pay more than most fast food places when hired on, by almost a dollar or so.

-They have hours to give due to the deployment requirements for the line.

-2 Meals per 6+ hour shift.

-Holiday parties/events

-Guilt-Free Employer

-They make an effort to source mostly organic, Non-GMO foods, when possible, from local farmers. This helps the farming and agriculture industry a great deal in terms of family owned farms, who need this kind of business to keep them going, and extend their methods for higher yields. This would create more fresh, whole-foods for more people.

Cons

I have no complaints that are relevant to the happiness my job brings me. :)

Keep doing what you are doing, My Friends!

Great service

I have been working at Chipotle

Pros

friendly work environment and people

Cons

slow interview with a group

I have been working at Chipotle

Pros

Very easy and straight forward questions, no trick questions. Comfortable environment for the first interview more than just you so you can hear other peoples answers as well.

Cons

some out of the ordinary questions such as what cartoon character would you be and why ?

Crew Member for Chipotle

Former Employee - Cashier and Crew Member in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier and Crew Member in Newark, CA

I worked at Chipotle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great staff that are always happy and hard working. Expectations are high and it pushes you to work hard.

Cons

Understaffed and when rush hour hits, it is very hard to keep up with everything and being able to clock out on time.

Hire more people during busy hours.

Long hours

Current Employee - Apprentice GM in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Apprentice GM in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and decent salary. Able to run a restaurant how you see fit and bring your own knowledge to the company

Cons

Long hours and required to work a minimum of 50 hrs a week/ten hour days this will increase to 70+ if you are down managers

Make sure you managers are set up for success and not working without any direction

fun and upbeat.

I have been working at Chipotle

Pros

sometimes tips after shifts, free food when working, generally nice people to work with

Cons

sometimes really long lines and closings

nope!

Chipotle: Team Member

Current Employee - Team Member in Bowling Green, NY
    Current Employee - Team Member in Bowling Green, NY

I have been working at Chipotle

Pros

everyone was very nice and welcoming so I felt extremely comfortable. It felt like i knew them for a while.

Cons

I expected it was an interview but I really wish they would say it is.

none

I worked in the food preparation of Chiptole.

Former Employee - Cook, Fast Food
    Former Employee - Cook, Fast Food

I worked at Chipotle part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at Chipotle was a great experience. It was a fun environment with decent pay. Managers were fun to work with, and I was proud of the food i was serving to customers

Cons

Corporate treated us like children. Although they were respectful, being treated like an idiot gets old.

All upper management should work for at least a month in the stores

No experience needed job where hard work and interpersonal skills will get you promoted quickly. Great food!

Current Employee - Service Manager
    Current Employee - Service Manager

I have been working at Chipotle

Pros

Fast-paced, personal growth, good food, great culture

Cons

corporate jargon, hard work, stores are inconsistent with management

I have worked for this company for 11 years and it is going through growing pains.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The team that I was allowed to put together.

Cons

The field leaders do not inspire, teach, or coach.

Connect with your people, like you require the restaurant management to do with their crew.