Chipotle Reviews

3.4
1,050 Reviews
Chipotle Co-CEOs Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran
Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran

Pros
  • You get free food if you work and the income is a bit higher than most other places (in 120 reviews)

• You get one free meal the days you go working and 50% off when you not working (in 98 reviews)

Cons
  • Not paid enough for the amount of work expected to be done (in 17 reviews)

• Very fast paced, values can some times feel like they are in the way of productivity (in 28 reviews)

1. The worst job I've had yet

Former Employee - Crew Member in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Crew Member in North Charleston, SC

I worked at Chipotle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met a few really awesome people who were my trainers and co-workers.
    The free food was nice.
    I met some great customers who I will miss.

Cons

Really bad managment at my store.
    They did not care about the well being of their employees (made me work while throwing up).
    LONG hours. I sometimes would work split shifts that only allowed me one meal a day.
    Hardly got a chance to go to the bathroom or drink water.
    Standing on my feet for nine hours.
    DRAMA like crazy between the crew members (this obviously would vary by location).

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Especially if they are ill. A lot of support and encouragement is what makes us feel empowered. Not being ignored and treated like cattle that can be replaced. I would have stayed with the company for years if it weren't for my managers.

2. Team Member

Former Employee - Team Member in Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Former Employee - Team Member in Lake Havasu City, AZ

I worked at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing they freaking suck, you should work at a place that doesn't suck if you are looking for a job, don't apply to Chipotle.

Cons

Got interviewed 4 times initially, then they decided not to hire me. I went in a month later, hoping no one would recognize me sense the whole team interviewed me pretty much, and of course they recognized me and begged me to apply again and that they would speed up the application process for me sense I already went through so many interviews, but that was a lie I had three more interviews leading to a grand total of seven interviews and they still did not hire me. They have a high turn over rate as well so they are always hiring new people.

Advice to Management

Don't make your applicant go through so many stupid interviews that ask the same questions, have one interview with all of the managers at once. You guys suck.

3. Weird Company to work for

I worked at Chipotle

Pros

Free food and pay is above state min.

Cons

You don't get to leave on time, you don't get a break if you don't finish everything that needs to get done and management plays favorites.

front line worker

I worked at Chipotle part-time

Pros

Nothing is good about this conpayny. STay away from it. I would prefer working at Mcdonald over it

Cons

Everything. Working for them kill my morality. Even when they are 100 % in the wrong I still have to defend them

Advice to Management

Stop being a stuck up little.... everyone know why u are a manager. Stop being so bossy with ur little title .

6. Horrible treatment and overworking of new workers

I worked at Chipotle part-time

Pros

High pay, free food, decent looking uniform.

Cons

The management is a mess and all they care about is becoming restaurateur and will abuse and lie to staff to get to that position. They lied about pay along with lying about what i would be doing. overall a horrible experience Horrible hours as well.

Advice to Management

train your people better.

7. I had ok jobs but this job has been the WORST in my life!

I worked at Chipotle

Pros

Not many. Only a few co workers made my experience worth it. Whats sad its that a 20 yrs person knows more than management how to train people and how to make this experience better while the whole teams lacks of this trait.

Cons

Lets start with the pay. They said they paid well, please Wallmart pays better and probably don't treat their employees like this place do. Its not professional at all. Most of the management has anger issues. They probably couldn't treat worst in a way they ask me to be social but no one was eve social with me.....hmmmmm. Kinda felt racism from this place was bigger that in no other place i ever worked. The empty promises and let downs of this company are amazing. Really disappointing that instead of making food with integrity they want to make food fast and just satisfy just a certain number. Most of the co-workers and some management worst attitude ever. Never in my life i had to deal with such rudeness and later they said to anyone its to make people better. What a joke. Oh and almost forgot schedule was never up in time and they later on they make you responsible to know it and call everyday to figure it out. IN MY LIFE i had to deal with such a problem. NOT ONE JOB has ever been irresponsible about schedule. GET YOU ACT TOGETHER people. I would never recommend anyone to work for this company .

Advice to Management

UPPER MANAGEMENT really should take a closer eye to their management and employees. The music that is play on the prep station should not be offensive as the whole time i work there was. All i listen was offensive music. pretty sad to work for a place like this.

8. management !!!

Current Employee - Crew Member in Bellevue, NE
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Bellevue, NE

I have been working at Chipotle

Pros

free food possible growth if you last hahhaha

Cons

management does not get along too many supervisors

Advice to Management

have to lisent to crew members

9. Terrible place to work, management had no idea what they were doing, blatant favoritism all around.

Current Employee - Crew Member in Westminster, MD
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Westminster, MD

I have been working at Chipotle

Pros

Free meal on your break

Cons

Shifts from 3-11 pm, break given to employees from 3:05-3:35.
    Management had no business sense whatsoever.
    Crew fired and replaced every 6 months, leading to forced overtime or termination.
    Blatant favoritism, shifts tailored to favorite employees.

Advice to Management

-Promoting from within does nothing when you only promote favorites.

-Rather than fire anyone who has an idea that you couldn't take credit for, or that made you look bad. Try "Empowering" your team, or even listening to the nonsense corporate terms you spew to justify your terrible management styles.

10. Play by their rules or you will be looking for another job. Not a job that will last you through college.

Former Employee - Grill Cook in Chino Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Grill Cook in Chino Hills, CA

I worked at Chipotle part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Chipotle
    Flexible Schedule
    Hours if you earn them

Cons

Way underpaid for the work
    Uneven pay scale for employees
    You WILL last under a year unless you plan on making it your career. If they want you out, they will find a reason.
    There is no loyalty. Working hard doesn't mean anything unless you play their way.

Advice to Management

I had a very bad experience with a regional manager that ended up letting me go an a technicality. Unprofessionalism ran rampant amongst the leadership team that consisted of 5 people in their late teens, early 20s. Poorly run at the store level. Hire more experienced GMs that won't sit in their office and cry during shifts. I was told I wasn't an asset and let go. I found a management job within a couple months.

terrible place to work

Former Employee - Apprentice General Manager in Maplewood, MN
    Former Employee - Apprentice General Manager in Maplewood, MN

I worked at Chipotle

Pros

free food and you actually are chef trained so it's a good thing to get for free to learn

Cons

everyone gets fired before 2 years! The management fires people just because and is always so stressful

Advice to Management

Get a union cause this is not legal what you do to people no warnings just ur fired with out ever being talked to one time