Chipotle

Chipotle Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Chipotle Co-CEOs Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran

Steve Ells & Montgomery F. Moran

Pros
  • The perks of getting free food during your shift was amazing (in 82 reviews)

• The company allows 1 free meal to its employees per shift worked (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Not paid enough for the amount of work expected to be done (in 13 reviews)

• Fast paced environment (for those who don't like that) (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights
4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Gave me the best opportunity of my life

General Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAdvancement opportunity, place for self motivated individuals

ConsPersonality is the most important thing. Even over skills.

Big-Minded CEO, Small Minds Elsewhere

Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe CEO - Steve Ellis seems like a genuine guy with a great mind and heart. I was proud to work for him.
    The Restaurants - Nicely designed, cool industrial theme, and hip music.
    The Menu - Focused, fresh, simple, and tasty. This helps keep inventory costs down and the food fresh.
    The Ethics - Chipotle supports a food system that eliminates or reduces the harms it causes.
    Growth - Its a growing company with opportunities to move up from the bottom.

ConsMy Immediate Boss - He was a minimal worker who belittled his employees and played small-minded games pitting people against each other. He was good a playing power politics, so he kept his job despite these pitfalls. The fact that he was also a serial wife-cheater gives him zero extra credit.
    The Judge Judy Co-Workers - I'm a friendly, genuine guy who was thrown into a pack of wolves. In my restaurant, I was working with a lot of hurt people who spent their energies hurting others, like the people on many daytime TV programs.
    The Expectations - The company expected people to move faster than human beings normally move, and this caused stress in the restaurant and harmed the customer experience. I don't like sweaty, obviously hurried people cooking and making my food, and that was the unfortunate reality at the restaurant I worked at far too often.
    The Rio Grande Gap - The English-speaking managers talked badly about the Spanish-speaking workers; and the reverse was true. This reality created yet more petty dysfunction that took focus away from positive goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe an industry leader by implementing a strong anti-bullying in the workplace program to make Chipotle a more attractive place to work for talented people, including the sensitive. Respecting and honoring everyone - your boss, the people you boss, your customers, and the people you see on the street- is always a sensible business idea.

Have employees engage in a steady study of what it means to be ethical. The values of the CEO were MIA at the Chipotle I worked at. My boss couldn't care less about ethics, and this fact harmed the integrity of the company and a big reason why I left. Being a boss means being a leader; and all true leaders inspire by example, by walking their talk.

Remember that you're managing/teaching human beings, not robots designed to be productive workers. But this advice goes to many companies, not just Chipotle. The future belongs to the companies that make their robots more like people, not the other way around.

Put less salt in your food - a Chipotle burrito has over 2,000mg of salt, and many health experts say that keeping the salt under 2,000mg/day is a sound notion.

By the way, I take responsibility and apologize for any harms I created and/or added to while I was employed there. I'm responsible for my choices, no matter what other people are doing.

Line member

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAwesome co-workers and great discount!

ConsRush hours are intense and you can get hurt easily if you aren't careful.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Most amazing customer service experience deliver by me.

Server (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosfree burritos and beautiful people!

Consvery fast pace, restless job

Advice to Senior Managementkeep restaurant clean.

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!