Chipton-Ross

Updated January 23, 2015
Updated January 23, 2015
3.1

Sharon King

Very satisfied with Chipton-Ross.

I worked at Chipton-Ross

Pros

Staff (Kin Riley) was very helpful and found me employment quickly.

Cons

I have no cons to mention with this company.

Continued Growth and Success

Current Employee - Recruiter in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Chipton-Ross full-time

Pros

Great company with growing list of clients. Chipton Ross specializes in the aerospace/aviation industry with jobs ranging from administrative to engineering. They offer great rates to contractors and are available to their people whenever they need something. Everything at the company (payroll, 401K, etc.) is taken care of in house so when a person has a question they will receive a timely answer to their inquiry.

With the size of the company it can be a little difficult to keep in touch with every single contractor during their assignment, but they are getting better at prioritizing their time and reaching out to their workers at least once a month.

The management is great. They are hands on when you need them to be, but for the most part if you are able to take care of what you need to take care of you are pretty much on your own. This is great for people that are able to manage their time and priorities, and don't like someone constantly looking over their shoulder (micromanaging).

In regards to the work life balance it is great. Like any other job you need to get your job done, but you won't be thought of as a bad employee for not working 10+ hours a day like other agencies.

Overall this is a great company to be a part of and the future is looking bright!!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at this time.

Keep up the good work!

Disappointing

Former Employee - OH&S Specialist in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - OH&S Specialist in Everett, WA

I worked at Chipton-Ross full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A little more money but benefits are practically non-existent.

Cons

Benefits are practically non-existent, no 401(k) match, fewer holidays, no medical coverage and extremely expensive for WA state employees. The money made did not compensate for the out of pocket expenses paid for by other employers.

Get in touch with employees once in a while to check in with them and see how it's going. A note on a piece of paper and a shirt that doesn't fit at Christmas doesn't count.....

Chipton Ross is fine - they are mostly hands off, which has its benefits.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Chipton-Ross full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I really can't say much about Chipton Ross, as they were really just the contracting agency I technically worked for, while I spent 100% of my time on the client site.

Cons

Their medical insurance plan is crap. You can do better by buying private insurance.

It would be nice for you to have some type of employee relations team that reaches out to contractors on site every couple of months or so - to at least check in and see how the job is going. You could at least pretend to care about the people you are "employing" - I mean you probably have a bill rate of about double my pay rate. The least you could do is have someone contact me every now and then to see how I am doing.

Strange Experience

Former Contractor - Marketing Analyst in Burbank, CA
    Former Contractor - Marketing Analyst in Burbank, CA

I worked at Chipton-Ross as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They literally hired me with a phone call. They called me, told me that they saw my resume (where, not sure, as I had not sent it to them), asked me if I was available, and told me to be at Warner Bros. in Burbank the next day. 3 month contract lasted almost a year.

Cons

When this contract ended, I was then told that they now required a 4 year degree to be considered for any further positions. I had an AA degree at the time. Something was not right here. First, they hired me sight unseen, which in and of itself was strange, and now I needed a BA/BS degree to remain with them.

Get real.

So so.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Chipton-Ross as a contractor

Pros

Good pay, always paid on time. Staff gets back to you very quickly regarding emails and questions.

Cons

The benefits listed on their site do not apply, none of them. It all depends on which defense contractor you work with, but they offer nothing! No Holiday pay, no vacation pay, nothing! I have worked at smaller temp/contracting agencies that had these basic offerings, and I mean basic! To be honest, when thinking about all of the stuff they don't offer, I am surprised they even offer to pay you. My advice? Look for other contractors that are staffing for the same position in which you might be applying for, as you will probably get a better deal then from these guys.

Join the 21st century and start offering workers something competitive.

Fulfilling

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Chipton-Ross as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

an opportunity to work for a variety of companies and gain valuable experience using a number of different software applications

Cons

Lack of Direct hire position

None

Consulting for Boeing Company

Current Contractor - Occupational Health & Safety Specialist IV in Everett, WA
    Current Contractor - Occupational Health & Safety Specialist IV in Everett, WA

I have been working at Chipton-Ross as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The job paid more, but I had to pay for my own medical insurance without any compensation from CR and it was expensive.

Cons

benefits not great, there was no interaction from CR to me after I was hired to work at Boeing.

need better medical benefits for WA State employees, need to interact more with employees beyond accounting for pay

Chipton Ross

I have been working at Chipton-Ross full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Work Atmosphere and lots of free coffee

Cons

still using old recruiting system

Contract work for Boeing. Survey answers are more about Boeing than Chipton-Ross, they dont really do anything for me.

Current Employee - Alllocations Assistant for Boeing Stores (Contract Job) in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Chipton-Ross

Pros

-Flexibility
    -Work life balance
    -Relaxed work environment
    -Nice co-workers

Cons

-Contract Work
    -Advancement based on seniority versus performance
    -Managers dont hold poor performers accountable
    -Communication

Offer full time positions to contract employees. Go with the best business ideas that generate max profit and not the most popular persons idea.