Chipton-Ross

Updated June 6, 2014
Updated June 6, 2014
2.7

Sharon King

Chipton Ross is fine - they are mostly hands off, which has its benefits.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Chipton-Ross full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really can't say much about Chipton Ross, as they were really just the contracting agency I technically worked for, while I spent 100% of my time on the client site.

Cons

Their medical insurance plan is crap. You can do better by buying private insurance.

It would be nice for you to have some type of employee relations team that reaches out to contractors on site every couple of months or so - to at least check in and see how the job is going. You could at least pretend to care about the people you are "employing" - I mean you probably have a bill rate of about double my pay rate. The least you could do is have someone contact me every now and then to see how I am doing.

Disappointing

Former Employee - OH&S Specialist  in  Everett, WA
    Former Employee - OH&S Specialist in Everett, WA

I worked at Chipton-Ross full-time for more than a year

Pros

A little more money but benefits are practically non-existent.

Cons

Benefits are practically non-existent, no 401(k) match, fewer holidays, no medical coverage and extremely expensive for WA state employees. The money made did not compensate for the out of pocket expenses paid for by other employers.

Get in touch with employees once in a while to check in with them and see how it's going. A note on a piece of paper and a shirt that doesn't fit at Christmas doesn't count.....

Strange Experience

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst  in  Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Burbank, CA

I worked at Chipton-Ross as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They literally hired me with a phone call. They called me, told me that they saw my resume (where, not sure, as I had not sent it to them), asked me if I was available, and told me to be at Warner Bros. in Burbank the next day. 3 month contract lasted almost a year.

Cons

When this contract ended, I was then told that they now required a 4 year degree to be considered for any further positions. I had an AA degree at the time. Something was not right here. First, they hired me sight unseen, which in and of itself was strange, and now I needed a BA/BS degree to remain with them.

Get real.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So so.

I have been working at Chipton-Ross as a contractor

Pros

Good pay, always paid on time. Staff gets back to you very quickly regarding emails and questions.

Cons

The benefits listed on their site do not apply, none of them. It all depends on which defense contractor you work with, but they offer nothing! No Holiday pay, no vacation pay, nothing! I have worked at smaller temp/contracting agencies that had these basic offerings, and I mean basic! To be honest, when thinking about all of the stuff they don't offer, I am surprised they even offer to pay you. My advice? Look for other contractors that are staffing for the same position in which you might be applying for, as you will probably get a better deal then from these guys.

Join the 21st century and start offering workers something competitive.

Fulfilling

I have been working at Chipton-Ross as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

an opportunity to work for a variety of companies and gain valuable experience using a number of different software applications

Cons

Lack of Direct hire position

None

Consulting for Boeing Company

Current Employee - Occupational Health & Safety Specialist IV  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Occupational Health & Safety Specialist IV in Everett, WA

I have been working at Chipton-Ross as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The job paid more, but I had to pay for my own medical insurance without any compensation from CR and it was expensive.

Cons

benefits not great, there was no interaction from CR to me after I was hired to work at Boeing.

need better medical benefits for WA State employees, need to interact more with employees beyond accounting for pay

Chipton Ross

I have been working at Chipton-Ross full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Work Atmosphere and lots of free coffee

Cons

still using old recruiting system

Contract work for Boeing. Survey answers are more about Boeing than Chipton-Ross, they dont really do anything for me.

Current Employee - Alllocations Assistant for Boeing Stores (Contract Job)  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Alllocations Assistant for Boeing Stores (Contract Job) in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Chipton-Ross

Pros

-Flexibility
    -Work life balance
    -Relaxed work environment
    -Nice co-workers

Cons

-Contract Work
    -Advancement based on seniority versus performance
    -Managers dont hold poor performers accountable
    -Communication

Offer full time positions to contract employees. Go with the best business ideas that generate max profit and not the most popular persons idea.

No growth

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Chipton-Ross

Pros

Stable. great work balance. Not really micro-managed and flexible work hours

Cons

No room for growth. Management hasn't changed in 10+ years. Hourly rate is laughable.

Good company to get into larger companies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Chipton-Ross

Pros

They have a good reputation with the company that I'm currently looking into. They were able to get me placement in there and that was good.

Cons

You generally have to pay for your benefits and they are a la carte, maybe that's what you want in the long run.

I've enjoyed being a part of the company and would appreciate more company wide events even though we are contractors for a larger company.

Worked for Chipton-Ross? Contribute to the Community!