Chiro One Wellness Centers
www.chiroone.net Oak Brook, IL 500 to 999 Employees

Chiro One Wellness Centers Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Dr. Stuart Bernsen

Amazing opportunity for personal & professional growth & development.

Manager (Current Employee)
Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExecutive team promotes personal development inside & outside the company
Team environment with ability to realize individual goals
Positive work environment
On the cutting edge in the new realm of health & wellness
Competitive wages

ConsMoving from small to mid sized company provides many opportunities for change
Not everyone is geared to the only constant in life is change. Hence the term "growing pains" the growth although rewarding is sometimes painful.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to see the vision - "ALL" human beings discover their full potential & P3 - People, Patients,Performance

Started out great, and then.....

Chiropractic Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFairly easy job to perform for the pay you're recieving
4 day work week; 3 day weekends
Great co-workers
Patients are AWESOME
Paid training
Company trains and pays for you to obtain your Limited Radiography certification (Spine modality only though)
Generous PTO

ConsCorporate has seriously gone to hell in the last 2 years; mismanaging money, widespread layoffs and clinic closures
This company will be bankrupt this time next year (if they even make it THAT long)
Too expensive for patients which causes trouble making "target numbers"
Many of the doctors are the rudest and most condescending people you will ever work for; REAL JERKS, and nothing ever happens to them about it despite complaints from patients and employees; they get away with murder
High turnover rate in all areas of company (corporate, marketing, clinics)
Corporate is constantly changing vital procedures and protocols, especially regarding billing and finances
LOOOOONG hours (13+)
Cult-like atmosphere regarding chiropractic that can border on the ridiculous and runs away patients (and some employees for that matter)
Employee morale seems to be getting lower and lower due to recent company changes

Advice to Senior ManagementWas the BEST job I'd ever had until around late 2012/early 2013 when they began hiring all of these "top-level" executives and changing the brand of the company. Company began to grow too big too fast and began hemorrhaging money. Then came the healthcare law changes and that was the straw that seemingly broke the camels back. They claimed they were "prepared for it" but they clearly were not.

MANAGE YOUR MONEY BETTER! Listen to your CT's when they are complaining about the docs and their rudeness. Many financial goals become nearly impossible to attain in 2014 because you guys mismanaged the money so badly that clinics and marketing were forced to pick up the slack in a seemingly last ditch effort and that didn't work, resulting in hundreds of people being laid off and DOZENS of clinics closing! But yeah, keep riding around to the clinics in your Bentleys and Rolls Royces and Lamborghinis while you lay off everybody. Terrible!

The people are great, but the hours can be an overload.

Customer Engagement Representative (Former Employee)
Glenview, IL

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time for less than a year

ProsThe culture is good and the people are like family almost immediately!
The compensation plan is great and the starting salary is very reasonable!
Training is comprehensive and you finish training feeling fully prepared for your role.

ConsThe hours are brutal, including most weekday nights (until 8) and weekends (anywhere from 10am to 9pm).
The extensive travel adds a great deal of time to the work hours and adds unnecessary car expenses to your monthly expenses.
Selling can be stressful and can wear you down, if you do not have the right personality for it.

This company is TANKING and so will you.

Customer Engagement Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time for less than a year

ProsFree chiro care, free shoe orthopedics cause you stand ALL day. Extensive training on the body, chiropractic are, wellness - very interesting - though its TWO WEEKS!!!!

ConsEverything else. Money is terrible. You get ONE, yes ONE day off a week and often can't choose which and sometimes aren't informed what day until 12 hours prior. The 30 booked and held appointments is nearly unattainable especially when some people are at well attended events and others are at the senior citizen Dominicks. Be prepared to argue with tons of people who think chiropractic is a sham AND be prepared to sell people on a $20 appointment they usually won't keep when they realize there insurance won't cover the future "treatment." You may end up with a crazy 22 year old boss who is drinking the KoolAid in this CULT LIKE environment and will make you come 50 miles out of your area for useless rah rah meetings. Not to mention you have a 7:30 am rah rah every friday and if you don't look thrilled they WILL pull you aside and threaten to fire you. Enjoy the motivational speeches from the cult leaders making 6 figures. You never will. Constant threat of being fired made many talented people jump ship. Our Regional Director even informed us that as a group we needed to come up with a PUNISHMENT for ourselves if we didn't meet her goals. This company is tanking faster than the Titanic. Jump ship...or better yet...don't get on.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrew too fast, too many middle managers with silly titles and people promoted because of favoritism.

No acknowledgements

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers

Prosnothing pro to say about this company, this is a health company that overworks their employee and does not provide the same health benefits to the employees as they do for the patients.

ConsNo compensations for great work and often overworked. no acknowledgements. Very Stressful workplace and the top heads don't know what their are doing, they experiment all the time and often no rewards. Huge turnover, you will not be happy working here.

No job security

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time

ProsFlexible schedule; fun people; free chiropractic care

ConsVERY expensive health insurance; 3 weeks of PTO includes vacation, personal and sick days;
If you're looking for a stable company with job security, forget about Chiro One because this is not place for you. They'll hire you promising a great future and opportunities for advancement, and when they no longer can afford to keep you, they will send you on layoff. Yes, that's what the company is doing right now - making "strategic" moves and sending people home with nothing. Huge workforce reduction! The outlook - not good.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink twice before you hire new employees if you know that you can't keep them!

Flag Review

Chiro One Wellness Centers Chief Human Resources Officer responded to this review

Mar 17, 2014

Yes, the reviewer is correct. Chiro One is going through a restructuring period that is not abnormal for organizations to experience from time to time. As part of the restructuring, we have had to ... More

Good experience, but very poor leadership.

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers

ProsThe things I gleamed most were personal development and a strong sense of purpose.

ConsCompany policies or lack there of are ridiculous. Leadership going in multiple directions and self-serving rather than leading a united front. Major money issues with this company. Wouldn't be surprised if the company was bankrupt in less than 6 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementOwners need to reconsider the changes implemented when C level officers were hired. I doubt at this point brand reputation is possible....may want to consider starting over.

Mar 17, 2014

Our mission and vision remain strong within Chiro One. We are going through a restructuring period that is not abnormal for organizations to experience from time to time. We are not starting over ... More

Beware, this company is currently laying off every aspect of their workforce and closing offices.

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time for less than a year

ProsThey had a 4 day work week at their offices which is beginning to increase to 4 1/2. 3 weeks PTO.

ConsThis company is in CURRENT financial hardship. It is currently laying off their workforce in all departments including marketing, billing and even their doctors. It has also begun to close offices all over Illinois while extending their work hours. The changes in insurance reimbursement has changed dramatically because of companies like Chiro One. Over billing and generic treatment plans for every patient was common practice. Since they are no longer able to collect in the manner they were accustom, they are being forced to make "strategic" cutbacks. Everyone in the company is expendable, no loyalty or job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to push your business model of the past. Insurance companies have gotten wise to your practices. Making patients pre-pay for deductibles and co-insurance for services not yet rendered along with blanket treatment plans is unethical.

Mar 17, 2014

In order for Chiro One to successfully navigate the uncertain waters associated with the current healthcare industry, we have made the difficult decision to enter a period of restructuring. This ... More

Strong culture made up of 500+ employees

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time

Pros- Standout culture and passionate people
- Opportunities for philanthropy and service
- Award winning company - #14 Fastest Growing company in Chicago, IL
- Flexible corporate working environment
- Wellness-centered benefits
- Corporate structure allows for frequent exposure to C-level and leadership

ConsEmployee base is spread out between three states sometimes making it difficult to deliver consistent communication across business units.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue driving a wellness-based organization in these times of healthcare regulation change.

Always supportive and motivating me to grow as a professional and as a person.

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe harder you work, the more money you can make. Salaried and a bonus/commission structure. Free chiropractic care, as part of the employee benefits. Chiro One has allowed me to become debt free. It has introduced me to a new way of thinking and the ability to take responsibility for myself. There is open lines of communication so you always have a voice.

ConsCan be scary to take responsibility for your own destiny. Some people aren't up to that challenge. Chiro One is always innovating and changing constantly. Its not a regular 9-5 corporation if that is what you are looking for.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication between all markets, even the remote ones.

Worked for Chiro One Wellness Centers? Contribute to the Community!

Chiro One Wellness Centers Videos

Chiro One Wellness Centers – Why Work for Us?

Make a difference Our Vision: That all human beings discover their full potential. Our Mission: To lead our patients and communities to a life of optimum health and wellness through education and service. Our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chiro One Wellness Centers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chiro One Wellness Centers CEO Dr. Stuart Bernsen. All 38 reviews posted anonymously by Chiro One Wellness Centers employees.