Chiro One Wellness Centers

Updated January 19, 2015
Updated January 19, 2015
2.4

Dr. Stuart Bernsen

Pros
  • Also have a benefit of free chiropractic care which has improved my health overall (in 14 reviews)

• Free chiropractic care but mostly very good Chiropractors (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work at tables to make sure marketing team meets their goals (in 4 reviews)

• I told them that I have integrity and can no longer work for a company that I have seen first hand do this to people (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Current Employee

Current Employee - CER
    Current Employee - CER

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great People, Company cares for their employees, motivating, constant training.

Cons

6 day work week.

Offer alternating Weekend day/s off for CER's.

Just...awful.

Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you need some really intense chiropractic care, you'll get it for free by being an employee. Not gonna lie, that was pretty great.

Cons

The organization in general is just shitty--Very "culty", 'better drink the koolaid' vibe. Most of the people I knew who worked there either hated it or couldn't stand to suggest that anything could be fixed or made better.

As a chiropractic tech, I experienced a fast paced and friendly work environment

Former Employee - Chiropractic Tech in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Chiropractic Tech in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers

Pros

This facility provided on the job training, full time work, decent hourly pay, and the managers were always available for assistance and questions.

Cons

I did not like the long hours, three hour lunches, and there was not enough opportunities for career advancement.

Offer part time employment

Go in expecting what you would get from any other medical office administrative/technician job.

Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company has great values and really spoke to me during my first week of training. I loved the idea of working for people that really value their employees. The pay is not bad considering the requirements for the job- a high school diploma or GED. The split shift is nice if it is your only job and you live close by so you can utilize the midday breaks. Other employees are incredible- and the patient relationships I made in just two months are ones I wish I could keep for much longer! The doctor I had the opportunity to work with seems genuinely passionate about the field and was very enjoyable to work for. The new bonus program also seems like a great way for techs to earn extra money (it hasn't been implemented yet, but it looks awesome, so maybe don't take this too much to heart).

Cons

Was told this was a full time, 40 hour/week job with some overtime. While some clinics probably have this, my clinic did not. It is frustrating to be hired for a full time job and get 30-35 hours some weeks when you are hourly- we count on this money to pay bills! Just be upfront during the interview process about this. The company seems to have high turnover and many employees I have spoken with from different clinics seem unhappy. This wasn't the case for me- my clinic and coworkers were awesome, as well as the patients, and I had a great experience. Just know that may not be the case for all the clinics. The training is paid and full time, which is awesome, but seems pretty out of touch with everything that goes on in the clinics. I felt as though it was a waste of time once I had to work with actual patients in the clinic. For example, if a procedure is only supposed to take about 25 minutes in the clinic, there is no point in practicing a script during training that takes an hour.

There is a disconnect that was very evident from when I began working. My time here was very short, so it didn't affect my experience. I truly enjoyed working in my clinic and at the company. However, I can see where some things could be frustrating if I stayed longer (the lack of hours, for example), so I suggest at the very least being completely up front with those you are hiring. I would also suggest getting feedback from your current employees- specifically the lower level technicians and CERs. The overall vibe I got from the ones I have interacted with is not in line with the beautiful picture I was painted during my first week. It would be beneficial to reach out and take their thoughts into account.

Great idea, no great leaders

Current Employee - Event Development in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Event Development in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Health and Wellness helping educate the community, it really is inspiring.

Cons

No inspiration from management, not led, everything is quoted from book clubs, not able to think for themselves. Often directed in circles, no attention to details, no followup, treated like a sweat shop. No raises, no vacation, little time off, does not care about employees at all. Just the chosen few that attend Landmark, and the Book Club.

Get educated before you lead others. No one can force an employee to list personal goals, or be instructed do a glass door review. that is a violation of privacy. You have awesome people on the front line, remove the top layers of management they are driving us down the drain. Stop the madness before its too late.

It is what you make of it

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time

Pros

Free chiropractic care, paid training and helping the patients

Cons

poor work-life balance, no room for growth in the company

Out of touch execs

Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician in Yorkville, IL
    Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician in Yorkville, IL

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I learned the benefits of chiropractic.

Cons

It was all about the money, not the people.

Listen to the workers in the office.

Customer Engagement Representative

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers

Pros

Chiropractic care. Awesome team members.

Cons

No work -life balance, solicitation of services in a gym or walgreens 6 days a week, poor management, no room for growth, etc.

Take responsibility for downfall

Employees are not respected

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers (more than a year)

Pros

Free chiropractic care. The employees are good people trying to do good, but they're under poor management.

Cons

The execs of Medulla want you to believe that they're now in the capable hands of business leaders with real business experience. Sadly the truth is Chiro One created the investment group to purchase their own company in a last ditch effort to eliminate debt they were drowning in. The head of HR took this opportunity to change employee benefits for the worst while blaming it on the "new owners". A new employee can expect to earn one vacation day in their first year and only five the next year. The company has also been in a pay freeze for a year. The employee turnover is shockingly high and it's common for new hires to quit in their first few weeks because they either feel neglected or lied to. You also get written up for anything they don't like.

Try practicing what you preach. Listen to your employees. Take care of your employees. Happy employees work harder and stay longer.

Run far away from this place. Read my story and what happened to me.

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers

Pros

Good salary for anyone off the streets of you're desperate its good cash with benefits

Cons

Working as a customer engagement representative I had to deal with multiple complaints from people I signed up who I was told to give my phone number - my personal phone that the company for not pay for .....to call the patients to confirm calls and reschedule. Two of the complaints were similar as they claimed to have been sent a bill after their initial visit for a large amount of money - when I addressed this to my boss they lied to me and said that they were crazy customers- then I signed yo my own mother in because my numbers for the month were low( they give you a quota of 30 people who actually show up to their initial appointment) and one week later she was billed 1500 for X-rays that are "included" in the 20$ offer. I saw these with my own eyes and I called my regional manager up right away who insisted it was a misunderstanding. I was so infuriated with the fact that this happened to my own mother and I was essentially doing this to other people. I told them that I have integrity and can no longer work for a company that I have seen first hand do this to people.... And my own mother at that.

Try making an honest earning and not trying to lure people in and think that they're going to be cured. I believe in the benefits of chiropractic to an extent but you play with people's emotions health and wallet.