Chiro One Wellness Centers

Updated February 25, 2015
Updated February 25, 2015
1.6

Dr. Stuart Bernsen

Pros
  • Also have a benefit of free chiropractic care which has improved my health overall (in 14 reviews)

• Free chiropractic care but mostly very good Chiropractors (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work at tables to make sure marketing team meets their goals (in 4 reviews)

• I told them that I have integrity and can no longer work for a company that I have seen first hand do this to people (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good for improving own health, helping others, learning a lot about chiropractic. Not so good for career growth.

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers

Pros

Each person on a clinic team has the opportunity to personally have big impact on patients' lives and health every day. Free chiropractic care for self and family was biggest benefit.

Cons

Management structure and mid-level manager training not strong. Opportunities for growth are limited so there is an unfortunate level of turnover of good employees.

Easy to get hired, little room to grow.

Current Employee - Chiropractic Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Chiropractic Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy training, easy interview, fairly comfortable working environment. It's always fun to develop relationships with the patients and connect with the community through healthcare.

Cons

Mediocre pay, leadership can be very bull-headed and critical over minor details of office management, benefits leave something to be desired. Only one day of PTO the first year, very difficult to find time to have a life.

Don't be so dogmatic about your medical beliefs when dealing with employees and patients.

A lot of ups and downs

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers

Pros

Most of the people you work with are great.

Cons

The higher ups were not open about problems within the company

Great opportunity for advancement, freedom to excel personally and professionally.

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Engagement Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers part-time (more than a year)

Pros

A great environment to work in and to have the opportunity promote a healthy lifestyle from a holistic perspective. Executive Team encouraged personal and professional development weekly, Team Leaders were professional and supportive towards individual and performance goals.

Cons

Mixed messages and accountability from mid level managers are both areas where I think the opportunity for growth is for this organization.

Communicate, communicate, communicate

Just...awful.

Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you need some really intense chiropractic care, you'll get it for free by being an employee. Not gonna lie, that was pretty great.

Cons

The organization in general is just shitty--Very "culty", 'better drink the koolaid' vibe. Most of the people I knew who worked there either hated it or couldn't stand to suggest that anything could be fixed or made better.

As a chiropractic tech, I experienced a fast paced and friendly work environment

Former Employee - Chiropractic Tech in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Chiropractic Tech in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers

Pros

This facility provided on the job training, full time work, decent hourly pay, and the managers were always available for assistance and questions.

Cons

I did not like the long hours, three hour lunches, and there was not enough opportunities for career advancement.

Offer part time employment

Great idea, no great leaders

Current Employee - Event Development in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Event Development in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Health and Wellness helping educate the community, it really is inspiring.

Cons

No inspiration from management, not led, everything is quoted from book clubs, not able to think for themselves. Often directed in circles, no attention to details, no followup, treated like a sweat shop. No raises, no vacation, little time off, does not care about employees at all. Just the chosen few that attend Landmark, and the Book Club.

Get educated before you lead others. No one can force an employee to list personal goals, or be instructed do a glass door review. that is a violation of privacy. You have awesome people on the front line, remove the top layers of management they are driving us down the drain. Stop the madness before its too late.

Current Employee

Current Employee - CER
    Current Employee - CER

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great People, Company cares for their employees, motivating, constant training.

Cons

6 day work week.

Offer alternating Weekend day/s off for CER's.

Racist and religious biased training

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers

Pros

I really didn't see any.

Cons

The training they provide people beginning at their company really shows their true beliefs. The lady that trained my group was constantly pushing her Christian beliefs into the training and making it a part of the company policy. Also, she was openly and blatantly racist - informing all the new office techs that the exercises can be strenuous and make people sweat, so Indian people were going to smell strongly of curry and that that was normal. It was shocking. I quit before ever finishing the training because I couldn't handle these bigoted statements. Considering my cousin worked there and was harassed for being in a mixed race couple when her boyfriend came by, it seems that whole company supports racism. The pay offering for the amount of work they expect techs to do is also a joke.

Go in expecting what you would get from any other medical office administrative/technician job.

Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company has great values and really spoke to me during my first week of training. I loved the idea of working for people that really value their employees. The pay is not bad considering the requirements for the job- a high school diploma or GED. The split shift is nice if it is your only job and you live close by so you can utilize the midday breaks. Other employees are incredible- and the patient relationships I made in just two months are ones I wish I could keep for much longer! The doctor I had the opportunity to work with seems genuinely passionate about the field and was very enjoyable to work for. The new bonus program also seems like a great way for techs to earn extra money (it hasn't been implemented yet, but it looks awesome, so maybe don't take this too much to heart).

Cons

Was told this was a full time, 40 hour/week job with some overtime. While some clinics probably have this, my clinic did not. It is frustrating to be hired for a full time job and get 30-35 hours some weeks when you are hourly- we count on this money to pay bills! Just be upfront during the interview process about this. The company seems to have high turnover and many employees I have spoken with from different clinics seem unhappy. This wasn't the case for me- my clinic and coworkers were awesome, as well as the patients, and I had a great experience. Just know that may not be the case for all the clinics. The training is paid and full time, which is awesome, but seems pretty out of touch with everything that goes on in the clinics. I felt as though it was a waste of time once I had to work with actual patients in the clinic. For example, if a procedure is only supposed to take about 25 minutes in the clinic, there is no point in practicing a script during training that takes an hour.

There is a disconnect that was very evident from when I began working. My time here was very short, so it didn't affect my experience. I truly enjoyed working in my clinic and at the company. However, I can see where some things could be frustrating if I stayed longer (the lack of hours, for example), so I suggest at the very least being completely up front with those you are hiring. I would also suggest getting feedback from your current employees- specifically the lower level technicians and CERs. The overall vibe I got from the ones I have interacted with is not in line with the beautiful picture I was painted during my first week. It would be beneficial to reach out and take their thoughts into account.