Chiro One Wellness Centers

www.chiroone.net

Chiro One Wellness Centers Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Dr. Stuart Bernsen

Mindless labor for a company that only cares about revenue and repairing a bad image.

Clinic Director (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsDoctor continuing education paid for if you enjoy sitting through Chiropractic Biophysics seminars.
    Paid malpractice insurance.
    Fridays usually off.

ConsEver changing protocols and procedures.
    Lack of appropriate compensation for the amount of patients and revenue brought into one of the few successful ChiroOne clinics.
    Poor management that only worsened after big shot marketing and accounting execs were hired.
    Charging people and their insurance $50 for 10 mins on a stair stepper is fraud in my opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo the chiropractic profession a favor and close.

May 8, 2014Founding Partner and Chief Marketing Officer

Bringing in top-tier expertise for planned growth was, and is, a necessary step for Chiro One. However, organizational change—and even growth itself—is often uncomfortable, especially when combined ... More

Started out great, and then.....

Chiropractic Technician (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsFairly easy job to perform for the pay you're recieving
    4 day work week; 3 day weekends
    Great co-workers
    Patients are AWESOME
    Paid training
    Company trains and pays for you to obtain your Limited Radiography certification (Spine modality only though)
    Generous PTO

ConsCorporate has seriously gone to hell in the last 2 years; mismanaging money, widespread layoffs and clinic closures
    This company will be bankrupt this time next year (if they even make it THAT long)
    Too expensive for patients which causes trouble making "target numbers"
    Many of the doctors are the rudest and most condescending people you will ever work for; REAL JERKS, and nothing ever happens to them about it despite complaints from patients and employees; they get away with murder
    High turnover rate in all areas of company (corporate, marketing, clinics)
    Corporate is constantly changing vital procedures and protocols, especially regarding billing and finances
    LOOOOONG hours (13+)
    Cult-like atmosphere regarding chiropractic that can border on the ridiculous and runs away patients (and some employees for that matter)
    Employee morale seems to be getting lower and lower due to recent company changes

Advice to Senior ManagementWas the BEST job I'd ever had until around late 2012/early 2013 when they began hiring all of these "top-level" executives and changing the brand of the company. Company began to grow too big too fast and began hemorrhaging money. Then came the healthcare law changes and that was the straw that seemingly broke the camels back. They claimed they were "prepared for it" but they clearly were not.

MANAGE YOUR MONEY BETTER! Listen to your CT's when they are complaining about the docs and their rudeness. Many financial goals become nearly impossible to attain in 2014 because you guys mismanaged the money so badly that clinics and marketing were forced to pick up the slack in a seemingly last ditch effort and that didn't work, resulting in hundreds of people being laid off and DOZENS of clinics closing! But yeah, keep riding around to the clinics in your Bentleys and Rolls Royces and Lamborghinis while you lay off everybody. Terrible!

This company is TANKING and so will you.

Customer Engagement Representative (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsFree chiro care, free shoe orthopedics cause you stand ALL day. Extensive training on the body, chiropractic are, wellness - very interesting - though its TWO WEEKS!!!!

ConsEverything else. Money is terrible. You get ONE, yes ONE day off a week and often can't choose which and sometimes aren't informed what day until 12 hours prior. The 30 booked and held appointments is nearly unattainable especially when some people are at well attended events and others are at the senior citizen Dominicks. Be prepared to argue with tons of people who think chiropractic is a sham AND be prepared to sell people on a $20 appointment they usually won't keep when they realize there insurance won't cover the future "treatment." You may end up with a crazy 22 year old boss who is drinking the KoolAid in this CULT LIKE environment and will make you come 50 miles out of your area for useless rah rah meetings. Not to mention you have a 7:30 am rah rah every friday and if you don't look thrilled they WILL pull you aside and threaten to fire you. Enjoy the motivational speeches from the cult leaders making 6 figures. You never will. Constant threat of being fired made many talented people jump ship. Our Regional Director even informed us that as a group we needed to come up with a PUNISHMENT for ourselves if we didn't meet her goals. This company is tanking faster than the Titanic. Jump ship...or better yet...don't get on.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrew too fast, too many middle managers with silly titles and people promoted because of favoritism.

May 8, 2014Founding Partner and Chief Marketing Officer

Recent right-sizing at Chiro One was an unfortunate, but necessary exercise that has allowed us to address many of the concerns in this former team member’s review. We work daily to improve ... More

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No acknowledgements

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnothing pro to say about this company, this is a health company that overworks their employee and does not provide the same health benefits to the employees as they do for the patients.

ConsNo compensations for great work and often overworked. no acknowledgements. Very Stressful workplace and the top heads don't know what their are doing, they experiment all the time and often no rewards. Huge turnover, you will not be happy working here.

May 8, 2014Founding Partner and Chief Marketing Officer

Chiro One is proud to share that all team members, as well as their immediate family members, receive free chiropractic care at their chosen Chiro One location. We want as many people as possible to ... More

No job security

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsFlexible schedule; fun people; free chiropractic care

ConsVERY expensive health insurance; 3 weeks of PTO includes vacation, personal and sick days;
    If you're looking for a stable company with job security, forget about Chiro One because this is not place for you. They'll hire you promising a great future and opportunities for advancement, and when they no longer can afford to keep you, they will send you on layoff. Yes, that's what the company is doing right now - making "strategic" moves and sending people home with nothing. Huge workforce reduction! The outlook - not good.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink twice before you hire new employees if you know that you can't keep them!

Mar 17, 2014Chief Human Resources Officer

Yes, the reviewer is correct. Chiro One is going through a restructuring period that is not abnormal for organizations to experience from time to time. As part of the restructuring, we have had to ... More

I am very glad I had the opportunity to work for this company. They care

Customer Engagement (Former Employee) Oakbrook Terrace, IL

ProsI Learned so much about chiropractic care & how it benefits people in a better way of health.
    They cared about their employees. Their mission was that every human being discovered their full potential.

ConsWorking out in the field was a 24/7 job. It seemed you were always on the clock. There was always a lot of balancing for people who had other priorities besides work

Advice to Senior ManagementThey were always trying to motivate you on all the people that you would help. Weekly marketing meetings & always offering new trainings to keep everyone up to speed. I thought all of this was great however you need to be more upfront for why you let people go. Not long ago we were doing great & all of a sudden the company is in trouble. It will be a very sad day if you have to close your doors. I wish you well.

May 8, 2014Founding Partner and Chief Marketing Officer

Chiro One is working hard to ensure healthcare changes that impacted us in early 2014 don’t bear an effect moving forward. Additionally, plans are coming together to address schedules, which can be ... More

Good experience, but very poor leadership.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe things I gleamed most were personal development and a strong sense of purpose.

ConsCompany policies or lack there of are ridiculous. Leadership going in multiple directions and self-serving rather than leading a united front. Major money issues with this company. Wouldn't be surprised if the company was bankrupt in less than 6 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementOwners need to reconsider the changes implemented when C level officers were hired. I doubt at this point brand reputation is possible....may want to consider starting over.

Mar 17, 2014Chief Human Resources Officer

Our mission and vision remain strong within Chiro One. We are going through a restructuring period that is not abnormal for organizations to experience from time to time. We are not starting over ... More

Beware, this company is currently laying off every aspect of their workforce and closing offices.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey had a 4 day work week at their offices which is beginning to increase to 4 1/2. 3 weeks PTO.

ConsThis company is in CURRENT financial hardship. It is currently laying off their workforce in all departments including marketing, billing and even their doctors. It has also begun to close offices all over Illinois while extending their work hours. The changes in insurance reimbursement has changed dramatically because of companies like Chiro One. Over billing and generic treatment plans for every patient was common practice. Since they are no longer able to collect in the manner they were accustom, they are being forced to make "strategic" cutbacks. Everyone in the company is expendable, no loyalty or job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to push your business model of the past. Insurance companies have gotten wise to your practices. Making patients pre-pay for deductibles and co-insurance for services not yet rendered along with blanket treatment plans is unethical.

Mar 17, 2014Chief Human Resources Officer

In order for Chiro One to successfully navigate the uncertain waters associated with the current healthcare industry, we have made the difficult decision to enter a period of restructuring. This ... More

Poor business model and equally poor management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree chiropractic care but mostly very good Chiropractors.

ConsBusiness structure completely reliant on one source of business revenue- the "in the field" marketing staff.
    Unattainable commissions- because if is based on someone else's performance and/or the general public.
    Expectations for work time and results are inline for six figure position NOT a small base salary. Work/Life balance is not a priority. If you have a family or other responsibilities, don't bother applying. Those are just "excuses".
    You are managed by threats, intimidation and fear of losing your job until you finally realize that you'll never make the money they promise in the interview no matter how hard you work and so you move on. Hostile work environment.
    Turn over rates are high so you're never able to gain a solid footing to make progress on region or company goals.
    The public perception and reputation of the company is they take and never give back. In most cases that is true. The marketing staff spends more time rebuilding burned bridges then creating solid partnerships. Upper management suggests building those relationships but then demands instant results. Unreasonable expectations.
    Training is weak and ineffective. The focus is on roll playing the same things over and over. Do you know the definition of insanity???
    They whole "cult-like" environment is comical. Look around the room management. If you are getting a lot of blank stare and poor performance, perhaps a rah-rah session isn't the best use of time. It's hard to be motivated when you are referred to as a slacker.
    Recently, the company let go of 50% of its corporate and clinic staff. A sign of trouble in corporate society. I wasn't willing to be part of the wreckage if it does actually self destruct.
    To sum it up, you will never reach your full potential (as they preach) with Chiro One.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry a little positive encouragement instead of the constant borage of insults and snide remarks. After all, it is a health and wellness company. Stress and anxiety isn't on the healthy conditions list. Isn't there a workshop for that?

Mar 21, 2014Chief Human Resources Officer

It can be difficult to resolve the conflict between healthcare and business; the two may seem at odds, but in actuality, healthcare is a business in for-profit organizations. That means we employ ... More

Amazing opportunity for personal & professional growth & development.

Manager (Current Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsExecutive team promotes personal development inside & outside the company
    Team environment with ability to realize individual goals
    Positive work environment
    On the cutting edge in the new realm of health & wellness
    Competitive wages

ConsMoving from small to mid sized company provides many opportunities for change
    Not everyone is geared to the only constant in life is change. Hence the term "growing pains" the growth although rewarding is sometimes painful.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to see the vision - "ALL" human beings discover their full potential & P3 - People, Patients,Performance

Worked for Chiro One Wellness Centers? Contribute to the Community!