Chiro One Wellness Centers

Updated November 29, 2014
Updated November 29, 2014
2.4

Dr. Stuart Bernsen

Pros
  • Also have a benefit of free chiropractic care which has improved my health overall (in 14 reviews)

• Free chiropractic care but mostly very good Chiropractors (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work at tables to make sure marketing team meets their goals (in 4 reviews)

• I told them that I have integrity and can no longer work for a company that I have seen first hand do this to people (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

I am very glad I had the opportunity to work for this company. They care

Former Employee - Customer Engagement in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Engagement in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I Learned so much about chiropractic care & how it benefits people in a better way of health.
    They cared about their employees. Their mission was that every human being discovered their full potential.

Cons

Working out in the field was a 24/7 job. It seemed you were always on the clock. There was always a lot of balancing for people who had other priorities besides work

They were always trying to motivate you on all the people that you would help. Weekly marketing meetings & always offering new trainings to keep everyone up to speed. I thought all of this was great however you need to be more upfront for why you let people go. Not long ago we were doing great & all of a sudden the company is in trouble. It will be a very sad day if you have to close your doors. I wish you well.

May 8, 2014Founding Partner and Chief Marketing Officer

Chiro One is working hard to ensure healthcare changes that impacted us in early 2014 don’t bear an effect moving forward. Additionally, plans are coming together to address schedules, which can be ... More

Good experience, but very poor leadership.

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers

Pros

The things I gleamed most were personal development and a strong sense of purpose.

Cons

Company policies or lack there of are ridiculous. Leadership going in multiple directions and self-serving rather than leading a united front. Major money issues with this company. Wouldn't be surprised if the company was bankrupt in less than 6 months.

Owners need to reconsider the changes implemented when C level officers were hired. I doubt at this point brand reputation is possible....may want to consider starting over.

Mar 17, 2014Chief Human Resources Officer

Our mission and vision remain strong within Chiro One. We are going through a restructuring period that is not abnormal for organizations to experience from time to time. We are not starting over ... More

Beware, this company is currently laying off every aspect of their workforce and closing offices.

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They had a 4 day work week at their offices which is beginning to increase to 4 1/2. 3 weeks PTO.

Cons

This company is in CURRENT financial hardship. It is currently laying off their workforce in all departments including marketing, billing and even their doctors. It has also begun to close offices all over Illinois while extending their work hours. The changes in insurance reimbursement has changed dramatically because of companies like Chiro One. Over billing and generic treatment plans for every patient was common practice. Since they are no longer able to collect in the manner they were accustom, they are being forced to make "strategic" cutbacks. Everyone in the company is expendable, no loyalty or job security.

Stop trying to push your business model of the past. Insurance companies have gotten wise to your practices. Making patients pre-pay for deductibles and co-insurance for services not yet rendered along with blanket treatment plans is unethical.

Mar 17, 2014Chief Human Resources Officer

In order for Chiro One to successfully navigate the uncertain waters associated with the current healthcare industry, we have made the difficult decision to enter a period of restructuring. This ... More

Poor business model and equally poor management.

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time

Pros

Free chiropractic care but mostly very good Chiropractors.

Cons

Business structure completely reliant on one source of business revenue- the "in the field" marketing staff.
    Unattainable commissions- because if is based on someone else's performance and/or the general public.
    Expectations for work time and results are inline for six figure position NOT a small base salary. Work/Life balance is not a priority. If you have a family or other responsibilities, don't bother applying. Those are just "excuses".
    You are managed by threats, intimidation and fear of losing your job until you finally realize that you'll never make the money they promise in the interview no matter how hard you work and so you move on. Hostile work environment.
    Turn over rates are high so you're never able to gain a solid footing to make progress on region or company goals.
    The public perception and reputation of the company is they take and never give back. In most cases that is true. The marketing staff spends more time rebuilding burned bridges then creating solid partnerships. Upper management suggests building those relationships but then demands instant results. Unreasonable expectations.
    Training is weak and ineffective. The focus is on roll playing the same things over and over. Do you know the definition of insanity???
    They whole "cult-like" environment is comical. Look around the room management. If you are getting a lot of blank stare and poor performance, perhaps a rah-rah session isn't the best use of time. It's hard to be motivated when you are referred to as a slacker.
    Recently, the company let go of 50% of its corporate and clinic staff. A sign of trouble in corporate society. I wasn't willing to be part of the wreckage if it does actually self destruct.
    To sum it up, you will never reach your full potential (as they preach) with Chiro One.

Try a little positive encouragement instead of the constant borage of insults and snide remarks. After all, it is a health and wellness company. Stress and anxiety isn't on the healthy conditions list. Isn't there a workshop for that?

Mar 21, 2014Chief Human Resources Officer

It can be difficult to resolve the conflict between healthcare and business; the two may seem at odds, but in actuality, healthcare is a business in for-profit organizations. That means we employ ... More

Amazing opportunity for personal & professional growth & development.

Current Employee - Manager in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Executive team promotes personal development inside & outside the company
    Team environment with ability to realize individual goals
    Positive work environment
    On the cutting edge in the new realm of health & wellness
    Competitive wages

Cons

Moving from small to mid sized company provides many opportunities for change
    Not everyone is geared to the only constant in life is change. Hence the term "growing pains" the growth although rewarding is sometimes painful.

Continue to see the vision - "ALL" human beings discover their full potential & P3 - People, Patients,Performance

Lots of opportunity, great atmosphere, talented team members.

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great team of professionals with varied talents; opportunity to learn from other team members and executives; ability to share your input and have it heard; great hours; good benefits; flexibility.

Cons

There is some disconnect between corporate and field employees.

Keep up the great communication!

Strong culture made up of 500+ employees

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time

Pros

- Standout culture and passionate people
    - Opportunities for philanthropy and service
    - Award winning company - #14 Fastest Growing company in Chicago, IL
    - Flexible corporate working environment
    - Wellness-centered benefits
    - Corporate structure allows for frequent exposure to C-level and leadership

Cons

Employee base is spread out between three states sometimes making it difficult to deliver consistent communication across business units.

Continue driving a wellness-based organization in these times of healthcare regulation change.

Growing, Learning, More Growing, then More Learning… A great challenging job!

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As a young company there is still too much to learn, but there are tons of opportunities to take. Work environment and coworkers are professional, casual, fun and challenging (in a good way), there is always something new to learn.

Talking from my own experience, the company cares about employees, it makes all possible to keep employees happy and provide the best resources for perform daily tasks.

Free chiropractic care for each employee is a huge plus, the benefits of chiropractic are huge.

There are opportunities for career advance and career paths for everyone. No a dream job, but everyone creates their own dream, we're are responsible for our own happiness!

Cons

I personally think some benefit cost are too high. There some current challenges but I'm really positive that we'll overcome those as a team.

Keep driving the industry, don't stop innovating, keep exploring new ways to do business. Invest in the right technology to accomplish the results need it. Improve the employee benefits and perks, keep caring for your employees, they are the engine of the company.

Very proud to work for a company that is doing great work.

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent people, great team environment. Ownership listens to feedback and gets to know their employees.

Cons

So far my experience has been good.

Great work by ownership for the future of healthcare.

Great people, great working environment

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employees like what they do, and really enjoy helping each other out. Compensation is good, and there's a definite focus on work/life balance.

Cons

Benefits are a little pricey.

Keep focus on what's on the horizon, rather than resting on past success; don't be afraid of a changing playing field.