Chiro One Wellness Centers

Updated October 9, 2014
Updated October 9, 2014
2.6

Dr. Stuart Bernsen

Pros
  • Also have a benefit of free chiropractic care which has improved my health overall (in 11 reviews)

• Free chiropractic care but mostly very good Chiropractors (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work at tables to make sure marketing team meets their goals (in 4 reviews)

• I told them that I have integrity and can no longer work for a company that I have seen first hand do this to people (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Don't waste your time.

Former Employee - Purchascing Assistant in Romeoville, IL
    Former Employee - Purchascing Assistant in Romeoville, IL

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free chiropractic care for employees and their immediate families.

Cons

Be careful when working for this company. They say that they are there to help "every human discover their full potential" , yet after I injured myself there, they cut off my chiropractic care and would not allow me any other adjustments.

The lack of training I had by my supervisor was disappointing. I hated getting up in the morning to go to work. My supervisor kept my co-worker informed of new policies, but failed to do the same for me, showing him favoritism.

Chiro One Wellness Centers Response

Dec 2, 2013Chief Human Resources Officer

Yes, one of the many wonderful benefits that Chiro One offers its team members and their family members is free chiropractic services. The only exception to accessing this benefit is when a team ... More

Great vision and mission but nearly impossible to balance work and life.

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working in a clinic is one of the most fulfilling experiences. Patients experience amazing results and the focus is centered around people achieving their goals. Not your typical dreary medical office with people looking miserable.

Cons

If you work in a clinic, days begin at 7:00am and often don't end until 8:30pm. If you're hoping to do anything on weeknights (Monday through Thursday) then keep looking. Most Friday's you have off and they have a break in the middle of the day (usually 2-3 hours) but it's usually just enough time to decompress from the morning, eat a quick bite and close your eyes for about 15 minutes before your heading back to work.

Expand your hours but have two shifts - Morning and Afternoon/Evening. We love working here but the stresses it puts on our home lives make it hard to stay for too long.

Fun, challenging and exciting!

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Chiro One Wellness Centers is an excellent place to work due it's culture and family like environment. As an employee at Chiro One, you truly feel like your coworkers are your second family. It has a very warm and welcoming vibe that makes you enjoy coming to work every day. I would highly recommend Chiro One as a place to work to anyone!

Cons

With many changes taking place at Chiro One, it can be a bit overwhelming. You definitely need be to able to move at a fast pace and be adaptable to change.

Good place to start out

Former Employee - Associate Ambasitor
    Former Employee - Associate Ambasitor

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Enjoyed working with a great group of young professionals.
    -Enjoyed working health fairs and bridal expos
    -varying work schedule, not an office desk job
    -if you we're great at the position you could make some serious cash and advance quickly
    -great culture and the ability to work with people who truly believe in the mission

Cons

-We didn't receive our schedules for the Marketing team until the day or night before, as someone who likes structure this was extremely difficult for me
    -I did not enjoy working in the grocery stores
    -shifts varied from working 4-8 hours a day which was very difficult to plan really anything personal as shifts always varied (were not always working afternoons, morning, etc)
    -this is not a Monday through Friday job. You will work Saturdays and Sunday. One month I worked 27 straight days
    -if you did not make your quota of recruitments you were not reimbursed for gas, and you will be driving around A LOT

It would be nice to have been asked if you prefer certain shifts or if certain shifts couldn't be worked. Also it would be nice to have been asked about weekend shifts and vary them as 27 straight days of work was extremely tiring with finding out the night before.

Challenging and Rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Leadership of Chiro One is very progressive and willing to take risks to improve operations and care for their employees and patients. There has been a growth explosion over the past 5 years which has opened up unlimited opportunites. Those with a strong work ethic is rewarded, while those who just get by doing the minimum are weeded out. Also have a benefit of free chiropractic care which has improved my health overall.

Cons

At times there are communication issues between multiple departments.
    Marketing team members do not have set schedules, and may work weekends and holidays.
    Clinic staff members can have long work days, however they do have a 4 day workweek normally.

Keep It Simple - with the growth and changes the company large initiatives such as Ownership Thinking should be kept as simple as possible to make it a sustainable program.

Chiro One feels like family :)

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Engagement Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers (less than an year)

Pros

feel utilized, rewarding, accepting, growth, changing lives

Cons

I have no cons to contribute

Chiro One is the best company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love Chiro One. I am challenged to a degree that forces me to continue learning and raising the bar for myself professionally. The company wants me to be the best that I can be. This company allows me to constantly challenge myself and feel valued. Chiro One is growing at such an unprecedented rate. The ability to continue to work for a company that is constantly evolving is such an amazing experience. Your potential for growth and opportunity in this company is limited only by yourself.
    The company’s leaders are focused on how to become the best company to work for. Where in the world do you find a career that treats you like a valued employee? The company has an open door policy for both your personal growth as well as your professional growth. This company has its sights set for being the best company to work for and I can tell you personally, these are the happiest days of my career. I am challenged to push through to my full potential and at the same time can look in the mirror at the growth of myself.
    If you are looking for a company to challenge yourself and create a legacy of helping every human being to discover their fullest potential, look no further.

Cons

Because of the youth of the company we are constantly growing and evolving. Keep an open mind in reagrds to the continuous efforts to take the organization and the happiness of its employees to the next level.

So glad to be part of this team!

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Chiro One really does function as a family working toward the same goal. As a consultant turned employee, I knew I wanted to officially join this group of amazing, talented and inspiring people after just a few months. The environment is fresh, fast-paced, creative and fun. I'm looking forward to being part of the exciting growth that lies ahead and more importantly, helping the organization share the benefits of chiropractic care and living a wellness lifestyle with as many people as possible!

Cons

Currently, the employee benefits are good, but as the company grows, I'd love to see them improve a bit.

Great place to work and grow!

Current Employee - Chiropractor in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Chiropractor in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I came to Chiro One because of the clear vision and the fact that Chiro One was "going somewhere". There was and is a great opportunity for the doctors to make a lucrative salary--and it is all dependent on the person (if you want to work hard and put the time in, you will be great). I enjoy that challenge and opportunity.

We are defining chiropractic and serving an amazing amount of people in the process.
    The biggest reason I stayed through the ups and downs of the past 5.5 years--the steadiness of our leadership and the fact that they care not just about the company--they also care about us as people. (because caring about us as people IS caring about the company:))

Cons

Lots of change! Which is great on one side because the changes are all based around what is best for the patient, and it can be frustrating at times because we are constantly changing!

Career of a lifetime!!

I have been working at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Wonderful culture and company vision
    - Continued personal growth and development
    - Supportive management, always there for you
    - Fast growing company and making a difference in the world
    - Competitive salary
    - One of the best professions to get involved in now in regards to the health and wellness industry

Cons

- Some not up for the challenge of expanding growth
    - Need to be ok with being challenged and pushed

Chiro One Wellness Centers Photos