Chiro One Wellness Centers Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

They decided to wage a losing war against their employees.

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Their vision: Chiropractic care has amazing benefits and spreading that with the world is wonderful. I really became a believer in this branch of health care. They had a great healthcare plan for those who could afford it as well.

Cons

Major downsizing. Poor financial management. Unlimited spending without thinking about long term consequences. Prefers outside hires from unrelated fields over employees who would be good candidates for promotion. Focus on "branding" and "scripting" more than changes in the healthcare system and patient needs. First took away my ability to earn bonuses, then downgraded me from salary to hourly and cut my hours. I had to threaten a lawsuit because of the harassment I got for being pregnant (I was getting final warning notices for missing work due to regularly scheduled prenatal appointments, was made to clean the men's toilet base up until I gave birth pregnant and got verbal warnings for sitting down occasionally during contractions... I blame them for my baby being premature). They have fired plenty of people for being sick or pregnant (or having sick kids).

Advice to Management

Grow up.

Great vision, poor delivery

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers

Pros

Great resume builder, opportunity to improve the quality of patient life.

Cons

CERs--CONSTANT travel, your car is at the mercy of Chiro One, standing for hours in places (groc stores, farmers markets ect.), only $150 a month is given to you for gas which you spend in one week. Your life consists of nothing but this company the day you end training. You do nothing but drive to "events" that are sometimes WELL out of your way. I once made a 6 hour round trip to stand in a tractor store for 4 hours then come home. Your day is filled with endless confirmation calls, scheduling, rescheduling, emailing...there truly is nothing glamours about this job. In training you may think you have landed the job of your dreams and you will be highly successful financially but the reality is this...you will invest all of your earnings to the expense of your travel. Period. I was highly dissatisfied with my time at this company.

Advice to Management

You have a remarkable vision. Chiropractic care has been the catalyst in improving the lives of many of the patients I have sent through your doors. However, you cannot push for growth of a company at the expense of the smaller people within that company. We are your warriors out there. We bring the business to your offices. However, we were highly unappreciated. It is absolutely ludicrous to give a person $150 check every month and think "yeah, that should do it." A CER should not have to invest nearly all of THEIR earnings in getting from A to B to do a job for YOUR company. That is a primary component in their job--travel. My paycheck was used to cover the difference you failed to provide. Company cars? Fuel cards? Any of those would have been great alternatives.

The cooperate calls--every morning--monotonous. The stories shared and advice given was very beneficial but one really great, riveting call a week would have sufficed. I felt as though I labored tirelessly, hitting the ground running every day as soon as I hung up the phone. This job could have been a wonderful experience if the time and effort of the employees were valued.

If you're not all about money, this can be an okay job for you

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely 100% the patients mad working there the best. I worked for Chiro One for almost 2 years and the patients and the staff that I was fortunate enough to have kept me in it. I was fortunate to be able to work with a DC and CA's who didn't have giant egos and were very welcoming and family oriented. It made it fun for everyone.

Cons

The pay can be very low. I worked in Kentucky (when they still had clinics), and was paid $9.86/hr salaried. We'd be paid for 40 hours of work despite almost all of the clinics putting in well over 40 hours. It wasn't that we were trying to get overtime, it's that we had to stay late either for doctor's reports/breakouts, or the paperwork piled up. The Kentucky and Texas clinics were always viewed as the "red-headed stepchildren" of Chiro One...always viewed as "out there." Corporate would always pass down completely backwards rules that were just...stupid. Like the color that certain forms had to be, and how no two DCs or even owners could agree on what was "correct." All team meetings were joke; simply a brag fest with inflated numbers. It was always "we're doing so good!" Clearly not doing well enough to keep clinics open. Cultish behavior and environment. Former employees were viewed as inferior or lesser following either their dismissal or when they chose to leave to do other things. "They weren't good enough to be Chiro One" was a common phrase thrown around about employees who gave everything they had to a company that views CAs, especially GOOD CAs, as dispensible.

Advice to Management

Drop the cultish behavior and the David Singer tactics. That's what's killing your company. Chiro One has the potential to do a lot of good in this world. But you gotta stop screwing people (CAs, DCs, patients) over all the time. If you're going to have a contest for clinics for IRs with a cash bonus, don't say it's tax free and then proceed to take taxes out. Drop the hard sales tactics where you inadvertently threaten potential patients. I know it's your job to get patients to "convert" (a term I always hated), but you can do it without having a built in system of belittlement.

May 8, 2014Founding Partner and Chief Marketing Officer

Just like the reviewer, Chiro One believes our patients make everything we do worthwhile! We’re truly committed to creating a clinical setting based on procedures and protocols that allows us to ... More

You get "adjusted" for a reason... Pain to work for!!!

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- flexible schedule
    - work from home
    - great health insurance plan (ESP for a chiropractor)
    - PTO time is good

Cons

- consistently changing policies
    - communication not consistent or stream lined
    - when you're "under performing" or in the dog house you know it and it's visible bc ppl won't even speak to you
    - "cult" / drink the kool aid feel and if you don't buy in, you're out
    - 7a Monday "training" meetings that are anything but that
    - essentially you're soliciting other business' saying you're bringing them "health and wellness" goals... Then have to get what you can before the relationship is shut down by corp
    - "acknowledgements" for everything and no plan to help you achieve your goals
    - very under developed on boarding / training system for the event development position
    - company is focused around the CER position and they are compensated VERY well
    - $150 "gas" check, when you drive much more than that in a month

Advice to Management

Be more truthful with people about what the position(s) are and what you're really doing. The company shut down 2 markets seemingly over the wk and 100s of ppl lost their jobs with no severance pay. They are 100% correct when they tell you, "the only thing you can expect at chiro one is CHANGE" bc that happens on a daily and consistent bases and it's not change for the good.

In closure, I hope the company can pull it together in the 3rd and 4th Q - hopefully to a more "wellness" based approach and not just shove chiropractic down ppls throats... Chiropractic is helpful to some and not to so much for others... And that's ok... The vision is that "every human being discovers their FULL potential" right??? Well don't make it so darn uncomfortable when ppl shy away from chiropractic care and the methods that are being preached!

People are jumping ship like it's the Titanic in Oak Brook for a reason... Best of luck

Downsizing

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The patients is what made the job, I loved working with them. I loved seeing them get better with each visit.

Cons

Everything is so regulated like in another review from the color paper to use and what order to fax it to what to say to the patient on the phone and in person using scripts. The pay was low compared to other offices. There was no time for family you worked odd hours plus the time you where off you where learning scripts and trying to "better yourself with knowledge of chiropractic. Your time off and sick time was all in one so if you took vacation time then got sick you had no time to use. There seemed to be a cult mentality with the management and I have heard people say that if the person quit or was fired that they where not good enough. Like me I was forced to quit if that had not happened I might have still been there, but they closed everyone of the chiro ones in the state of Kentucky.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, do not regulate so much who cares what color the paper is. Don't worry about scripts as long as the employee is curtius on the phone and in person.

Mindless labor for a company that only cares about revenue and repairing a bad image.

Former Employee - Clinic Director in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Clinic Director in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Doctor continuing education paid for if you enjoy sitting through Chiropractic Biophysics seminars.
    Paid malpractice insurance.
    Fridays usually off.

Cons

Ever changing protocols and procedures.
    Lack of appropriate compensation for the amount of patients and revenue brought into one of the few successful ChiroOne clinics.
    Poor management that only worsened after big shot marketing and accounting execs were hired.
    Charging people and their insurance $50 for 10 mins on a stair stepper is fraud in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Do the chiropractic profession a favor and close.

May 8, 2014Founding Partner and Chief Marketing Officer

Bringing in top-tier expertise for planned growth was, and is, a necessary step for Chiro One. However, organizational change—and even growth itself—is often uncomfortable, especially when combined ... More

The people are great, but the hours can be an overload.

Former Employee - Customer Engagement Representative in Glenview, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Engagement Representative in Glenview, IL

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is good and the people are like family almost immediately!
    The compensation plan is great and the starting salary is very reasonable!
    Training is comprehensive and you finish training feeling fully prepared for your role.

Cons

The hours are brutal, including most weekday nights (until 8) and weekends (anywhere from 10am to 9pm).
    The extensive travel adds a great deal of time to the work hours and adds unnecessary car expenses to your monthly expenses.
    Selling can be stressful and can wear you down, if you do not have the right personality for it.

Started out great, and then.....

Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Chiropractic Technician in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fairly easy job to perform for the pay you're recieving
    4 day work week; 3 day weekends
    Great co-workers
    Patients are AWESOME
    Paid training
    Company trains and pays for you to obtain your Limited Radiography certification (Spine modality only though)
    Generous PTO

Cons

Corporate has seriously gone to hell in the last 2 years; mismanaging money, widespread layoffs and clinic closures
    This company will be bankrupt this time next year (if they even make it THAT long)
    Too expensive for patients which causes trouble making "target numbers"
    Many of the doctors are the rudest and most condescending people you will ever work for; REAL JERKS, and nothing ever happens to them about it despite complaints from patients and employees; they get away with murder
    High turnover rate in all areas of company (corporate, marketing, clinics)
    Corporate is constantly changing vital procedures and protocols, especially regarding billing and finances
    LOOOOONG hours (13+)
    Cult-like atmosphere regarding chiropractic that can border on the ridiculous and runs away patients (and some employees for that matter)
    Employee morale seems to be getting lower and lower due to recent company changes

Advice to Management

Was the BEST job I'd ever had until around late 2012/early 2013 when they began hiring all of these "top-level" executives and changing the brand of the company. Company began to grow too big too fast and began hemorrhaging money. Then came the healthcare law changes and that was the straw that seemingly broke the camels back. They claimed they were "prepared for it" but they clearly were not.

MANAGE YOUR MONEY BETTER! Listen to your CT's when they are complaining about the docs and their rudeness. Many financial goals become nearly impossible to attain in 2014 because you guys mismanaged the money so badly that clinics and marketing were forced to pick up the slack in a seemingly last ditch effort and that didn't work, resulting in hundreds of people being laid off and DOZENS of clinics closing! But yeah, keep riding around to the clinics in your Bentleys and Rolls Royces and Lamborghinis while you lay off everybody. Terrible!

This company is TANKING and so will you.

Former Employee - Customer Engagement Representative in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Engagement Representative in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free chiro care, free shoe orthopedics cause you stand ALL day. Extensive training on the body, chiropractic are, wellness - very interesting - though its TWO WEEKS!!!!

Cons

Everything else. Money is terrible. You get ONE, yes ONE day off a week and often can't choose which and sometimes aren't informed what day until 12 hours prior. The 30 booked and held appointments is nearly unattainable especially when some people are at well attended events and others are at the senior citizen Dominicks. Be prepared to argue with tons of people who think chiropractic is a sham AND be prepared to sell people on a $20 appointment they usually won't keep when they realize there insurance won't cover the future "treatment." You may end up with a crazy 22 year old boss who is drinking the KoolAid in this CULT LIKE environment and will make you come 50 miles out of your area for useless rah rah meetings. Not to mention you have a 7:30 am rah rah every friday and if you don't look thrilled they WILL pull you aside and threaten to fire you. Enjoy the motivational speeches from the cult leaders making 6 figures. You never will. Constant threat of being fired made many talented people jump ship. Our Regional Director even informed us that as a group we needed to come up with a PUNISHMENT for ourselves if we didn't meet her goals. This company is tanking faster than the Titanic. Jump ship...or better yet...don't get on.

Advice to Management

Grew too fast, too many middle managers with silly titles and people promoted because of favoritism.

May 8, 2014Founding Partner and Chief Marketing Officer

Recent right-sizing at Chiro One was an unfortunate, but necessary exercise that has allowed us to address many of the concerns in this former team member’s review. We work daily to improve ... More

No job security

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Chiro One Wellness Centers full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule; fun people; free chiropractic care

Cons

VERY expensive health insurance; 3 weeks of PTO includes vacation, personal and sick days;
    If you're looking for a stable company with job security, forget about Chiro One because this is not place for you. They'll hire you promising a great future and opportunities for advancement, and when they no longer can afford to keep you, they will send you on layoff. Yes, that's what the company is doing right now - making "strategic" moves and sending people home with nothing. Huge workforce reduction! The outlook - not good.

Advice to Management

Think twice before you hire new employees if you know that you can't keep them!

Mar 17, 2014Chief Human Resources Officer

Yes, the reviewer is correct. Chiro One is going through a restructuring period that is not abnormal for organizations to experience from time to time. As part of the restructuring, we have had to ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed