Chloe + Isabel

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Chantel Waterbury

love it

ProsEverything
    Great ability to make you successful

ConsModel in look book diversity

Chloe + Isabel Merchandiser

Independent Merchandiser (Current Employee) Hampton, VA

ProsThe technology for online pop-up shop works well. With what I am doing I am satisfied.

ConsThe company has so far had a history of sending wrong or damaged items to my customers for every pop-up I have had, which is inconvenient overall. One customer was charged twice.

Advice to Senior ManagementReconsider compensation and improve customer follow-up options. Also finding ways to sell more through ecommerce and social media would also be nice since there is a strong potential there.

Independent Merchandiser

Independent Merchandiser (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIf you enjoy being your own boss and running your own business, then become apart of this company is for you.

ConsIf you're not in to direct sales, this is not the company to work for.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great work from home opportunity

Merchandiser (Current Employee)

ProsThe team atmosphere and support your receive to get your business up and running.

ConsNot everyone wants to do house parties so you have to get out there, it all depends on who you target. They must have discretionary income! If they don't you won't make any sales. Also some of the jewelry is overpriced for the quality.

Great company with great employees - very empowering and very familial feeling!

Merchandiser, Business Owner (Current Employee) Corpus Christi, TX

ProsYou instantly are made to feel like you belong in this company. Everyone is extremely friendly and welcoming. Everyone is very helpful, from the corporate people to your fellow merchandisers, etc., on facebook, other social media websites, on the phone, via email, text whatever. Their mission to empower women is very much on target. I love being a part of the organization.

ConsYou do have to sell a great deal to make a lot. But with most jobs, hard work is what it takes, so it's really a no brainer.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. It's honestly great like it is.

It's a Jewelry Party, let's not kid ourselves.

Merchandiser (Current Employee)

ProsBeautiful jewelry, well-made, fashion forward, worth the price. Way prettier than Silpada, Premier, and the like. All sales tools are provided online and are very comprehensive. You can tell how much employees who are doing well love what they do. The Facebook community is incredibly supportive and helpful to each other.

ConsThe sales tools for online selling don't necessarily work. While they tout themselves as direct sales for a new generation and geared toward social media, you can do everything recommended to you and still end up with $0 in sales. My own manager even told me that if I found the secret to making it work online to share it. The way to make money is still to hit up your friends and family first and build out from there. That is exactly what I wanted to avoid and don't live in the same city as most of the people I would ask to host a party anyway. That's why the online aspect of it really attracted me. But while they may use different terminology and catchier verbiage, the basics are not that different from other direct sales companies.

One-on-one manager time depends on who you get. I got a dud. She missed our first meeting, didn't follow up once we did connect (I did), didn't provide me the things I asked for (like meeting up with other employees to get hands-on experience), etc. It's mostly self-taught, but to have that lack of guidance made it even harder. Because they're a new company, people in your same territory might be states away, so finding your own in-person support/learning system doesn't exist yet for some.

Advice to Senior ManagementSmaller territories, more hands-on teaching, be honest that it's still mostly a home jewelry party.

Great opportunity to learn what it takes to have your own direct sales business

Merchandiser Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe quality product combined with training and support give you the chance to succeed while learning what skills you need, or need to develop to successfully run your own direct sales business. There is definitely opportunity to grow with the company and if you love jewelry, social media or both, you'll absolutely learn about both quickly.

ConsThe company is still young so it is still developing and learning best practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to solicit feedback from merchandisers and make changes when necessary.

Being successful at C+I is not only possible but EASY with the support of Merchandiser Community and the Sales Managers

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsC+I offers a fun and positive work environment with the quick turn around technical and sales support. Everyone....EVERYONE wants you to succeed. Merchandisers help each other out along with upper management. With the assortment of different social medias, and the quality jewelry, it is easy to make my sales goals. It is modern day shopping at it's best.

ConsThere was an unfortunate batch of damaged jewelry that somehow was distributed to my clients along with the good jewelry so I had to do quite a bit of returns. Personally, I am not a fan of being paid on the credit card but i think that is the way many businesses are headed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTurnaround time on damaged jewelry is way too slow. When it was for a possible future host for a C+I show, they expedited the shipping but I believe every customer is a potential Pop up Shop host, so there needs to be a more expedient avenue for exchanging damaged jewelry.

Real E-Commerce Experience!

ProsI have worked for Chloe + Isabel for the past few months and have been overjoyed with my experience. Not only do I have access to adorable jewelry (which sells itself), it has really positioned me to grasp the entrepreneurial spirit of running an online business. I highly recommend joining the C+I team!

ConsAlthough the C+I team provides ongoing support and training, I would say that a Merchandiser in the C+I community needs to be self motivated to get their business off the ground.

Worked for Chloe + Isabel? Contribute to the Community!