Chobani

Hamdi Ulukaya

Great Place to work

Former Employee - EHS Supervisor  in  Twin Falls, ID
    Former Employee - EHS Supervisor in Twin Falls, ID

Pros

They care about the employees and care about there product, they show in many ways that without the employees they would have no product, the CEO will walk out on the floor and talk with you like your a person, ask you about your family. your not just a worker to him, you are the company.

Cons

There is to much of a turn around in the corporate and management level. This causes alot of "extra work" on the lower level because everyone has there own plan, and its always different from the last person. so new programs always change, and there needs to be consistency

Work with the people you have and give them a chance.

Empowering Managers to Keep Silent

Former Employee - Regional Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Relatively flexible position with light work load. Fellow employees truly have a passion for the brand. Product has positive perception in the market place.

Cons

Team does what they are told even if it doesn't make sense or is contrary to good business practices. No manager is willing to challenge the status quo. Any that do are forced out of the company. Employees are asked to be problem solvers but solutions are never accepted by upper management and customers are left dissatisfied with service.

Stop pretending everything is perfect when it is in fact not perfect. Actually take the time to analyze the business units to identify weaknesses. Don't just accept the word of your Directors as "Gospel truth" and ignore gaping issues in your business model and sales force.

Little to no communication from upper management

Pros

Great product that changed the yogurt category forever. Entrepreneurial spirit where decisions are made quickly without bureaucracy, testing, group consensus, etc.

Cons

For a company that wants to be the Apple of yogurt, the culture (no pun intended) is corporate and really nonexistent. Chobani is still not sure what it wants to be or what it wants to stand for. HR is not very helpful for employees and seems to focus all of its attention on new hires. They don't help with career guidance or development in the least. The company is entirely in flux and no one know what's happening. People and departments are fired out of the blue. Objectives change overnight with no explanation. Budgets are cut suddenly, again with no explanation. The investment company who put $750 million into the business seems to be calling the shots. To work here you better be able to roll with the punches, not question authority and understand job security is not a priority.

Try transparency. Even when the news is not good, employees are adults and will not only appreciate the truth, but respect the company for hearing it. Bring team members in on the bigger picture so they understand priorities and can work toward them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK, but can improve

Pros

good culture need improbment

Cons

mismanagement need more focus

Seems too good to be true at first, and then you realize it is

Former Employee - Community Coordinator  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Community Coordinator in New York, NY

Pros

Easy interview process. At first we had the opportunity to travel a lot if needed and work remotely, then it was far more strict, even on days when you didn't have any meetings or really any need to be in the office.

Cons

Not rewarded or even recognized for work effort. Management tends to play favorites. Eliminate entire departments at a time. False sense of pride in product. Management tends to be nice and act like they like or care about you, and then completely disregard you when you're trying to have a conversation with them.

Recognize the work your employees are doing. Give some kind of feedback, whether it be positive or negative.

I finally found my home

Current Employee - Brand Communications & Executive Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Brand Communications & Executive Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

Being a hardworking recent college graduate, I have found myself jumping around from job to job looking for a company where I can see myself grow. My expectations of the job market fell short until I started at Chobani. At 25, I have finally can say I've started a career at a company that provides endless opportunity for those with a strong desire to innovate and challenge the status quo. Had someone asked me if I saw myself working for a yogurt company upon graduating college, I would have laughed. This is a SPECIAL place, and I couldn't be any luckier to be surrounded by some of the most intelligent, innovative and creative minds in the industry. This is NOT a cookie cutter CPG company which makes this job experience so unique. You know you are in a good place when you can wake up in the morning and be excited to be a Brand Leader.

Cons

Working at Chobani requires a great deal of flexibility. A company with constant growth creates new challenges every day (specifically change). In order to succeed, you have to find opportunities for yourself. There is not a lot of hand holding.

Fast pace, sometimes spinning to re invent the wheel.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norwich, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwich, NY

Pros

The benefits were standard to match Union scale. PTO, was given at the beginning of every year on January 1st. This included personal, sick and vacation all together. Every employee got a case of free Yogurt each week.

Cons

Every time you used a sick day it was held against you. 6 unscheduled days off during the year and you were terminated. There is nothing being done or very little to help the non English speaking employees. everything is in English. The Management has created an us and them atmosphere.

My advice would be to accept diversity and have some compassion for the non English speaking employees. If ever a company needed a Diversity Specialist it is this one.

Was great the first few years, but went downhill so fast

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

In the beginning, it was great - dynamic, vision-driven, and human. I met some fantastic, amazingly competent individuals, all of who are unfortunately no longer there.

Cons

When I started at Chobani, there was a vision to do things differently and do things right, to be a different kind of CPG company. Shortly after, things changed. The vision was lost, market share and revenue superseded everything else. There's nothing wrong with wanting to make money, but when it is the only objective, it's not a good experience or bright future. The Chobani difference is fading fast. The goal now seems to become another Dannon or Yoplait. Leadership (CEO and CMO in particular) is very unprofessional, ego-driven, and disconnected from employees and consumers. A major recent re-org laid off all the early hires and departments that made Chobani successful. In their place, came people from big uninspiring CPGs - welcome to the future of Chobani. It had such potential and it is sad to see it go this way.

Put the greed aside and go back to the initial vision. Grow steadily and with integrity. The world doesn't need another Yoplait. Caveat emptor.

Great place to work!

Pros

High-growth, stimulating environment. Endless opportunities. Structure allows for high visibility to executives. Everyone is a key contributor to the company's success and we have a great time working together and celebrating our wins. Truly excited to come to work every day! We are like a family!

Cons

Developed a Greek yogurt addiction :)

Not What It Seems...

Pros

Central downtown location. Lots of yogurt stocked in fridge

Cons

The HR leadership in Soho/Noho is extremely unethical, inexperienced, uncollaborative and disconnected which ends up misleading management team on best practices. No growth opportunity or long term career track and high turnover.

Replace HR leadership in Soho/Noho with an actual experienced and ethical professional who looks out for the company and employees best interest.

Worked for Chobani? Contribute to the Community!