Chobani Reviews

Chobani Founder & CEO Hamdi Ulukaya
Hamdi Ulukaya

Great people, impactful work

I have been working at Chobani full-time

Pros

Tremendous opportunity to pursue challenges, take on opportunities and be part of a mega-brand's latest chapter. The people are great to work with and care deeply about building on the past success of the company and carrying the vision forward. There is a shared belief in the values of this company, and a shared respect for the brand.

Cons

It is a young company, which inherently requires an entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to move outside traditional "swim lanes". Traditional job descriptions are less relevant here than skill set and ambition.

Assistant

I have been working at Chobani full-time

Pros

Every day is different and exciting.

Cons

It can be long, hard hours, but I really do love every second. The team is great, the mission is even greater.

Great Place to work

Former Employee - EHS Supervisor in Twin Falls, ID
    Former Employee - EHS Supervisor in Twin Falls, ID

I worked at Chobani full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They care about the employees and care about there product, they show in many ways that without the employees they would have no product, the CEO will walk out on the floor and talk with you like your a person, ask you about your family. your not just a worker to him, you are the company.

Cons

There is to much of a turn around in the corporate and management level. This causes alot of "extra work" on the lower level because everyone has there own plan, and its always different from the last person. so new programs always change, and there needs to be consistency

Work with the people you have and give them a chance.

How Doesn't Matter

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Chobani full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some amazing people there to work with who are really dynamic and very smart. The compensation is also very good and the product itself is excellent.

Cons

The right hand, doesn't know what the left hand is doing. HR in New York is utterly abysmal, the director is absent most of the time and non responsive when in the building. There is no transparency. The private equity firm invested now seem to be good but Chobani will become another Yoplait - profits at any cost. Which is so sad because the original vision was so authentic and pure.

Replace HR in NYC and put someone in there who is competent, compassionate and wants to develop the careers of the people already in the company who have worked so hard over the last two years in challenging circumstances. More consistent and clear communication would also help a lot as there is a lot of water cooler talk and everyone is nervous that they're about to lose their job.

Empowering Managers to Keep Silent

Former Employee - Regional Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Chobani full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Relatively flexible position with light work load. Fellow employees truly have a passion for the brand. Product has positive perception in the market place.

Cons

Team does what they are told even if it doesn't make sense or is contrary to good business practices. No manager is willing to challenge the status quo. Any that do are forced out of the company. Employees are asked to be problem solvers but solutions are never accepted by upper management and customers are left dissatisfied with service.

Stop pretending everything is perfect when it is in fact not perfect. Actually take the time to analyze the business units to identify weaknesses. Don't just accept the word of your Directors as "Gospel truth" and ignore gaping issues in your business model and sales force.

Little to no communication from upper management

I have been working at Chobani full-time

Pros

Great product that changed the yogurt category forever. Entrepreneurial spirit where decisions are made quickly without bureaucracy, testing, group consensus, etc.

Cons

For a company that wants to be the Apple of yogurt, the culture (no pun intended) is corporate and really nonexistent. Chobani is still not sure what it wants to be or what it wants to stand for. HR is not very helpful for employees and seems to focus all of its attention on new hires. They don't help with career guidance or development in the least. The company is entirely in flux and no one know what's happening. People and departments are fired out of the blue. Objectives change overnight with no explanation. Budgets are cut suddenly, again with no explanation. The investment company who put $750 million into the business seems to be calling the shots. To work here you better be able to roll with the punches, not question authority and understand job security is not a priority.

Try transparency. Even when the news is not good, employees are adults and will not only appreciate the truth, but respect the company for hearing it. Bring team members in on the bigger picture so they understand priorities and can work toward them.

Seems too good to be true at first, and then you realize it is

Former Employee - Community Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Community Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Chobani full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy interview process. At first we had the opportunity to travel a lot if needed and work remotely, then it was far more strict, even on days when you didn't have any meetings or really any need to be in the office.

Cons

Not rewarded or even recognized for work effort. Management tends to play favorites. Eliminate entire departments at a time. False sense of pride in product. Management tends to be nice and act like they like or care about you, and then completely disregard you when you're trying to have a conversation with them.

Recognize the work your employees are doing. Give some kind of feedback, whether it be positive or negative.

OK, but can improve

I worked at Chobani full-time

Pros

good culture need improbment

Cons

mismanagement need more focus

I finally found my home

Current Employee - Brand Communications & Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Brand Communications & Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Chobani full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Being a hardworking recent college graduate, I have found myself jumping around from job to job looking for a company where I can see myself grow. My expectations of the job market fell short until I started at Chobani. At 25, I have finally can say I've started a career at a company that provides endless opportunity for those with a strong desire to innovate and challenge the status quo. Had someone asked me if I saw myself working for a yogurt company upon graduating college, I would have laughed. This is a SPECIAL place, and I couldn't be any luckier to be surrounded by some of the most intelligent, innovative and creative minds in the industry. This is NOT a cookie cutter CPG company which makes this job experience so unique. You know you are in a good place when you can wake up in the morning and be excited to be a Brand Leader.

Cons

Working at Chobani requires a great deal of flexibility. A company with constant growth creates new challenges every day (specifically change). In order to succeed, you have to find opportunities for yourself. There is not a lot of hand holding.

Fast pace, sometimes spinning to re invent the wheel.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwich, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwich, NY

I worked at Chobani full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits were standard to match Union scale. PTO, was given at the beginning of every year on January 1st. This included personal, sick and vacation all together. Every employee got a case of free Yogurt each week.

Cons

Every time you used a sick day it was held against you. 6 unscheduled days off during the year and you were terminated. There is nothing being done or very little to help the non English speaking employees. everything is in English. The Management has created an us and them atmosphere.

My advice would be to accept diversity and have some compassion for the non English speaking employees. If ever a company needed a Diversity Specialist it is this one.