Choice Hotels

Be The First To
Add Photos

Choice Hotels President, CEO, and Director Stephen P. Joyce

Stephen P. Joyce

Pros
  • They tend to offer a fairly positive work-life balance and many perks to make the experience there enjoyable(in 6 reviews)

• Great experience and work environment(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • No Benefits and the pay isnt that great(in 6 reviews)

• Theres not much room for advancement and the owners were stingy about allocating more money to the hotel for fixing things, raises etc(in 3 reviews)

Great company to work for at any level!

ProsThat atmosphere is very inclusive and you have constant room for growth - both personally and professionally. You have the ability to make your footprint and your successes and failures are the companies. There is a lot of motivation to work hard and reap the rewards.

ConsThere are so many departments and facets to the company that you will never know everyone and what each department does - but it's still encouraged to try!

Challenging

Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) Wichita Falls, TX

ProsGreat experience and work environment.

ConsNo Benefits and the pay isnt that great

Customer service is very professional.

Porter (Former Employee) Green Bay, WI

ProsThe great co-workers that I worked with over 8 years. The management was very easy to work with. Working the holidays with customers that would return every year.

ConsThe organization sometimes was not very well done. Not getting a any benefits or raises for over two years. Working with the new chef was tough because he was not very receptive to ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better involved with kitchen staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

choice hotels is a nice place.

Maintenance (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsThey have paychecks pretty regularly.

ConsBut, you do have to earn it.

I love working for this company!

Director of Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) Great Falls, MT

ProsGreat atmosphere and company to work for. I am relatively happy with my salary but do think an increase should be in effect soon. The job keeps me busy which I love.

ConsSometimes hard to keep up with the workload as I run the department by myself. I like a challenge but others may not like that so much.

Front Desk

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMeeting new people from all over the world

ConsHecitc and lots of work involved

Hotel General Manager

General Manager (Current Employee) Peoria, IL

ProsWorking your own business. Good pay

ConsNo real franchise help, or owner help.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more freedom and helpful hotel based incentives for employees at all hotels.

owners/managers we very rude and not friendly at all with their employees

Maintenance (Former Employee) Boonville, MO

Prosa paycheck,not very good pay for the work required.

Consthe attitude of the owners.They treat their employees as if they were slaves that don't deserve respect

Advice to Senior Managementbe more respectful and caring of your employees and they might stay. I have never worked for a company that treated their employees like they were dirt beneath their feet before and I will tell anyone I know not to work there.

It's a great company to finish out your career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsThe company has a good retention rate for employees. They tend to offer a fairly positive work-life balance and many perks to make the experience there enjoyable.

ConsThe departments tend to run lean so there is not a lot of room for internal advancement unless you are willing to change departments - even then it is often a lateral move. It is probably not good for person's in the middle of their professional development, but good for new grads to get a quick start or good for people who have hit their title cap and just want to have fulfilling work until they retire.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company would probably benefit from more flexibility in tele-commuting that is offered to all employees, not decided on by department manager.

Choice Hotels

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsUsing my experience in carpentry, pool maintenance, electrical, heating/ventilating and air-conditioning.

ConsTwenty hour work week at $8.50/hr. No opportunity for more hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementEducate managers to expand their technical skills to be able to recognize good trade work from bad.

Worked for Choice Hotels? Contribute to the Community!