Christian Dior

Christian Dior Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2014

Christian Dior Président Directeur Général Sidney Toledano

Sidney Toledano

Great opportunities if you work hard.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsEsteemed company to work for that offers great pay and incentives. If you work hard and do your job, the sky is the limit to grow with the company. Great opportunities at free standing boutiques.

ConsWork- life balance can be a challenge if you allow it. Wish there were more opportunities for associates to get a great deal on product.

Advice to Senior ManagementDefine the leased boutiques.

Great company to work for.

Counter Manager (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsNo real complaints about this company.

ConsNot much room for growth within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be a more competitively generous gratis allowance seeing as though the price point of the products are high and other lesser priced companies/producers receive a higher dollar amount for seasonal gratis.

Tough, but learned a lot

Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou get to work with some really talented people. These people know their stuff and are extremely talented. If you don't get frustrated with some of the pettiness and can stick it out, you can learn a lot.

ConsIt can be petty and somewhat unprofessional at times, but that can be true for any job. Didn't seem like their was a lot of opportunity for growth within the company. If you were good at your job, they didn't want you to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open and honest with employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsFirst hand at new inventory and products. Training is extensive.

ConsNot the best discounts. Poor management skills and operations. Did not consider team members in making decisions that affect the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to manage a team and bond together. Friction and attitude causes high turnover!

great

Counter Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe products are amazing. The training is incredible.

ConsSome retailers are better than others

Not great experience

Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsNone really, unless you make it on the very top

ConsVery snobby management, treat their sale people like they are no one.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart valuing your employees.

Great company, fabulous products!

Feelance Make-up Artist (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsI love the products by Christian Dior! They have the best skincare and the most beautiful colors of make up.

ConsI travel some as a make up artist and that can get tedious. Retail overall is a difficult job to do. SALES, SALES, SALES!

Advice to Senior ManagementI love the brand and I wouldn't change a thing! I have always loved it, I would say keep it glamourous!

good experience

Saleswoman (Former Employee) Paris (France)

Prosgood coworkers, high quality products to sell, rigor, lovely shops, international environment, fashion environment, good position evolution

Conslot of pression, long hours, customers exigeant, as a saselswoman you always need to be perfectly dressed your make up must be perfect as well as the hair

I worked for Dior Joaillerie for a year. Great product for millionaires and nothing inbetween. Unrealistic targets.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe training at Dior was quite interesting, the quality of the product they are selling is on the whole very high. A varied and international staff.

ConsThe management set unrealistic targets for the product the company has available to sell. All the best pieces are travelling the world and there is no new collections to excite the clients you have. insanely expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate product ranges to excite existing clients and have stock availability for them to come see and try them.

Inspiring company, not digital first

Digital Intern (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsGreat communication / marketing budgets, inspiring work and products, true brand legitimacy and history, competitive compensation and good benefits (LVMH)

ConsVery still in terms of career opportunities, digital does not come first in terms of planning, quite stressful (a lot of last-minute and urgent tasks)

Worked for Christian Dior? Contribute to the Community!