Christie Digital

Updated Mar 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jack Kline

One of the best companies you'll ever work for...

Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee)
    Cypress, CA

ProsGreat atmosphere, exceptional leadership, world class benefits!

ConsPeople don't leave and thus there are few opportunities for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

World class company...!!!

Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Cypress, CA

ProsGreat atmosphere, class-leading benefits, leading edge technology.

ConsAverage pay, hard to advance because few people leave...maybe that's a good thing!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at pay scales for certain positions and adjust to current pay trends.

Enjoyed My Years At Christie

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAttractive Pay and Bonus Structure and Opportunities are there if you want them. Fitness facility and full service cafeteria

ConsDemand for product is still present but on the backside of a peak

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating and reward your employees who think outside the box. Sometimes the solutions are right there you just need to dig for it

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learning Opportunity

NOC Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee)
    Cypress, CA

ProsProfit sharing Bonuses paid out twice a year.

ConsThere are no annual performance review raises or visible salary pay structures in place for their NOC staff members. Salaries are paid well below minimum standards for Southern California Technical jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to keep and or attract intelligent, well educated employees management will need to raise the pay scale of their technical staff member employees or it will be just a matter of time before they find better, higher paying jobs.

Decent workplace that needs some work

Cypress, CA

Pros"Small Company" feel. Also, they are very flexible when it comes to scheduling. Company provides profit sharing bonus twice a year, which does help boost overall employee morale.

ConsSometimes upper management would not be prepared for new customers/business. The pay/compensation is slightly below industry averages for all positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to communicate more effectively with employees.

Excellent Working Experience

Senior Director of Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Cypress, CA

ProsFair and equitable, excellent leadership, good work atmosphere, excellent benefits and competitive salary.

ConsSome overtime must be worked to meet customer demands and deadlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinuous communication is important.

Great company and great bonus/benefits

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)
    Cypress, CA

Pros- Very high salary for a company that is growing fast
    - Large bonus is reflective of value towards employees and to retain important talent
    - Very low turnover

Cons- Very hard to move up the ladder because senior management is very comfortable with compensation as stated above
    - Only way to move up the corporate ladder is to replace your supervisor, which is highly unlikely

Advice to Senior Management- Restructure the organization such that upward mobility is more visible and feasible
    - Better performance monitoring

Highly political, siloed, slow to make decisions, poor senior management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Pros- decent pay and benefits, performance based bonuses
    - great people
    - onsite cafeteria, gym nice to have
    - good for juniors to get feet wet

Cons- great PR makes this company sound creative, innovative - NOT. If you are creative, innovative save yourself the head bashing
    - highly political, unprofessional (untrained?) senior managers - high levels of drinking, sexual harassment experienced while on work related travel with groups, was told "it's the way"
    - job applied for and responsibilities didn't match what I was actually hired for. Job ad required 8-10 years experience. Yet actual job was a coordinator role
    - I worked there 2 years and felt no recourse for professional discussion. Reviews are silly, too basic, subjective - no methodology.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire a thoroughbred to run a donkey race.
    Have the courage to have teams provide reviews on management. You'll learn why people want to leave before they do.
    Great production and green work environment!

A good place to learn about some unique products, but the place is not transparent.

Software QA Analyst - BP (Former Employee)
    Waterloo, ON (Canada)

ProsInteresting new technology is being developed, and there is a spirit of innovation.
    Some (very few) people are genuine, friendly and helpful.
    Most products are still made in Canada, and are of high quality.

Cons1. I worked there on a contract as a QA Analyst in Business Products, and my Manager and QA Team lead seemed to like the quality of my work and contributions. I was involved in all aspects of testing and validation of two new product models, and did some work with the customers.
    Exactly 9 months later, I was called to HR and simply notified that Christie terminated my contract. No meaningful explanation was provided. My QA team lead and Project Manager were not present at the HR office, and did not email me immediately after I was laid off. I think this is not a professional farewell to someone who truly tried to do his/her best job, all the while the coop students were routinely getting "farewell" lunches and loud pet on the shoulder talks.
    In light of this, I think that my supervisors at Christie were arrogant, ungrateful, and lacking of any genuine people skills. I find it very disturbing that anyone can be dismissed in such a manner, without saying a simple "thank you for your work" statement.

2. I also had a co-worker friend, who complained about poor working conditions in the lab, and unfriendly atmosphere she encountered at Christie. She quit her full-time job with Christie on her own, after just 3 months there.

3. When you go there for an interview and never hear back from them - don't be surprised, it happens all the time.

4. Some labs have hard working conditions, like literally no breathing AIR.

5. As in most places now, the mid- to high-level "PMP/PEng/PMI/LeanSixSigmaBlackBelt/AndWhateverElseDesignation" management is obsolete and out of touch with reality. However, the writing is on the wall, as fewer people go to cinemas these days and that trend will only continue with proliferation of internet mobile devices. They have no bright future, in my opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementSomething is just wrong if people are treated in this way in your company. Is anyone in charge of checking what decisions the middle management is making? When mid- to high-management people are engaged in office favoritism and petty politics, the talented will leave your company.

A good place to start to gain experience and then move onto greener pastures

Specialist Role (Former Employee)
    Kitchener, ON (Canada)

ProsEmployee engagement: Volunteer and health initiatives
    On site cafeteria
    Great, on site gym

ConsSeems to be a conservative culture, unless that has changed since 2009
    At the time, very rude - borderline racist - Senior HR lady who gave people a tough time - like an abuse of power on her part
    Too slow in making things happen
    Too many convoluted layers of approval/bureaucracy

Advice to Senior ManagementEmploy senior level experts, embrace the new, take the new wave of communications more seriously, focus more on making a better product rather than on what your competitors are up to.

Worked for Christie Digital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Christie Digital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Christie Digital CEO Jack Kline. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Christie Digital employees.