Christmas Tree Shops

Updated Jul 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steven H. Temares

Pros
  • Good discount, friendly employees, flexible scheduling(in 4 reviews)

• 20% discount and the realization that you don't really want most of that stuff(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management who thinks it should look like Bed Bath and Beyond(in 4 reviews)

• seasonal at moment but hopeful for full time(in 3 reviews)

PT Evening Stocker

PT Evening Stocker (Former Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsGreat company to work for! The people I worked with where very respectful, bright, and just delightful to be around. I was supplementing my full time employment by working PT during the evening. I was treated very well, my peers welcomed me aboard and where very helpful and made me feel at ease.

ConsI honestly can't think of one.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your are doing

FRUSTRATING, TRAINING DOES NOT CORELATE TO TO THE JOB

ProsThe only pros are some of the co workers

Cons1. the model does not exist on the call center floor
    2. no one should be hired if they are being referred by any supervisor it makes for an awkward work environment
    3.every team lead should be on the same page, not on different chapters or off reading a different play bill.
    4. If the supervisors think its all about power it will not work and this does not work it only takes one wrong hire to mess up the system.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to be clear concise and truthful with applicants, worry l;ess about the so called background/drug test and more about how well they work and what the work ethic is and then commend them not give. Management should not be sticking together, most employees have already been managers and know the drill/

Poor management

Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsFun environment to work in.

ConsThe company does not care about their employees, especially if you are full time. Management is absolutely terrible and the company is extremely disorganized. They do not care if you have opinions to share. Very rude. Normally when Corporate visits stores employees should be excited right? It was the most stressful time and everyone was prepared to be talked down to.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent part-time work, but frustratingly disorganized.

Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsThe discount is useful and there's a certain sense of community, plus working with people can always have its good side.

ConsThere was a lot of disconnect between management and employees, as well as a lot of conflicting ideas of where certain products belonged when it came time to put back returns at the end of the day.

Exhausting

Prospeople, co-workers, people, a job

Consexhausting, exhausting, exhausting, exhausting, exhausting

Advice to Senior Managementget sleep if possible

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not a great place to work

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay for what you're doing
    No sales quota

ConsTraining was poor and felt like grade school
    Customers make no sense half the time
    Just felt like a number and not a person
    Some employees got ahead based on who they knew or how much they sucked up
    Very strict rules

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote to people that deserve it.

Typical Retail

ProsLoved the people i worked with

Consexpect way to much of you for such little pay

Advice to Senior Managementtoo many managers, they are all lazy and pass things off, none of them want to do their job

Do your work, keep your head down and go home when your shift is over and you will be fine.

Cashier No Room for Advancement (Former Employee) Salem, NH

Pros20% discount and the realization that you don't really want most of that stuff.

Consto management you are a number. you may be a great asset but that is it and really do you want to move up in a company that pays so little and requires so much of you?

Advice to Senior ManagementCare a little more about your employees and the store manager is included in that suggestion.

Run of the mill retail job

Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) Rockaway, NJ

Prospays slightly above minimum wage

Consphysically very demanding
    minimal training
    when I finally responded to my direct manager's unprofessional and downright depressing and rude behavior with a dressing-down- I was told by another manager that she was my boss and I'm not to talk to her that way. Are you kidding me? She had no right to be in the position of manager with her constant complaining and attitude to her employees.
    I took this position temporarily as our family was having a lot of financial difficulty and overnight was the only time I had left to work- so I did. I was extremely overqualified in every single category but sometimes you have to do what you have to do for the family. I had no problem with the job- but the management was terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire less people for more hours so they can pay their bills with their paycheck. You'll retain more employees and build a true team environment. Those checkout ladies never look happy. Give them a chair!

Ehh

ProsDecent Pay for what your doing

ConsEveryone acts like its more than it is. Very Strict.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe lenient on your employees. You will get better more motivated people to work than.

Worked for Christmas Tree Shops? Contribute to the Community!